SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

300 Nigerians (scammers) arrested.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
nomad0613
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@CharlieFake's pic post... Is that guy trying to get one last look at his unstretched anatomy? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

The Artists Against 419.... Mugus sleep, but The Lad Vampire never does
mrsbean
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Even if they just get the crap scared out of them, that's something, at least.

Good to hear of any arrests I can scare my baitees with...

Straightbait

Nifty anti-scam sites of interest
Artists Against 419 | Fraudwatchers |Scamomatic | Scampatroll Scam Victims United | Fake Checks Dot Org
Omena
I'm a lousy baiter...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

nomad0613 wrote:
@CharlieFake's pic post... Is that guy trying to get one last look at his unstretched anatomy? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I don't think spanish laws allow for torture of suspects. The days of Franco are over, you know....

I don't think this is particularly funny...
Bebe Gottbak
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bravo for the LEOs involved in this bust - another win for the home team! happy crowd

I GUESS YOU WHERE RIGHT ABOUT THOSE GALLS OF MUROONS IN THE WESTERN UNION ARE REALLY UP TO SOME THING ELSE
- Emma

Click here to support 419Eater.com
nomad0613
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Omena... This was not in reference to the practices of the police force, which have done an excellent job in this case, but rather referring to the sodomist practices of some of his potential new "roommates".

The Artists Against 419.... Mugus sleep, but The Lad Vampire never does
Trogdor_the_Burninator
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Omena wrote:
I don't think spanish laws allow for torture of suspects.

I don't think that refers to torture by the Spanish police, I think it refers to the intimite encounter with his cellmate el Bubba. This news article may be of interest regarding the horrors lads may face in prison
[/thread hijack]

I'm a lousy baiter...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

nomad0613 wrote:
@Omena... This was not in reference to the practices of the police force, which have done an excellent job in this case, but rather referring to the sodomist practices of some of his potential new "roommates".

Ok, I apologize, nomad... But some threads like this one develop tendencies that go too far at times. So I may have misunderstood your comment.
Double-O
419Eater General Counsel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

pepper_spray wrote:
. . another article online that says that the FBI and USPS were also involved in the investigation:

The FBI and United States Postal Service are interested in 419? Shocked

"Never trust atoms, they make up everything"

United Kingdom x 3 Nigeria x 4 Netherlands x 4 Spain x 3 United States x 3 Canada Burkina Faso Safari
sandy_beech
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They would be if some of the letters went through snail mail, I'm sure.

How many have YOU shut down? http://aa419.org/fake-banks/
mrsbean
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Postal fraud is a felony. It can add many, many years onto a sentence to scam someone via snail mail as opposed to email or by phone.

Odd, I know, but we take our mail seriously.

Straightbait

Nifty anti-scam sites of interest
Artists Against 419 | Fraudwatchers |Scamomatic | Scampatroll Scam Victims United | Fake Checks Dot Org
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Double-O wrote:
... The FBI and ... are interested in 419?

Probably more in taking credit when arrests are made. Rolling Eyes
llamedos
Been There, Done That

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Vive l'Espana...

Rian and Los Guardia Civil.. we're spoilt for good news Laughing

Cheers
A.

Barrister Addo Williams: I want you to know that I am not impressed with your performance towards this project.
Mattins Wilson: ...and they stated morken me and tarfing at me as if am a full, so please it is enough OK. /AND/ I promise you for all this furffring that you are furffring to me <--- No, I haven't a clue either
Peter Ovdo: I want you to have trust in me that all is ok as stated in my last mail to you which i wrote in big letters

Ethel Gnassingbe: FOUK YOU AND GO TO HELL

"I am a bomb technician. If you see me running, try to keep up"
Zen Punk
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

To quote a song from "My Fair Lady"

The spam in spain goes mainly down the drain.

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Double-O wrote:
The FBI and United States Postal Service are interested in 419?

I believe somewhere in the archives, if you know the proper "Search" term, you will find the USPS was interested in all the fake postal money orders that were coming out of Nigeria earlier this year. I believe Browade may have posted about this.
meseta

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote from "Sur-in-English", Malaga., 22-28 july 2005.

Nigerian mafia broken up, with over 300 arrests on charges of 100 million euro fraud
Juan Cano
They wrote to victims telling them that they had won a big prize on the lottery

They told them they had to pay tax first

The police have, over the years, caught numerous people running lottery swindles, but this week�s operation is spectacular by comparison. Over a period of three days National Police officers arrested 310 people in Malaga, Torremolinos, Benalm�dena, Mijas, Fuengirola, Marbella and V�lez-M�laga linked to the Nigerian mafia.

Almost all those arrested are of Nigerian origin although some of them have settled permanently in Spain and a few even have Spanish nationality. Around a third, however, are in the country illegally.

They are all charged with belonging to or being linked with lottery swindle gangs. The way they worked was by sending letters all over the world explaining that the receiver had won a prize which they had never received. When the victims believed the story they were asked for a sum of money to pay taxes before collecting their winnings. Around 20,000 people all over the world are believed to have been swindled by the gangs.

This is the biggest criminal network involved in this sort of crime to have been broken up on the Costa del Sol. The police believe from the documents seized that the mafia obtained benefits amounting to over 100 million euros a year and that they were involved in transactions of hundreds of millions of dollars.

One hundred and fifty letters, telling the addressees that they had won a lottery prize have been seized from the provincial post office service in Malaga. It is estimated that the gang sent over six million such letters a year and had bases in the USA, Canada, Australia, Japan, all over the EU and in some Arab countries. Potential victims were located on Internet. The number of police involved in the operation gives some idea of its massive size: 525 police officers, mainly from Malaga Provincial Police Station, as well as members of the FBI and the EU Postal Service, all of whom came to Malaga. The starting point for the investigation was the fax number on letters seized.Nearly 160 rented flats were searched as well as telephone call centres.
The False Italian
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

El Reg has it too: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/07/21/scammers_nabbed/
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic