SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Email bill for computer that does not exist

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
ScAtSa
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My Dad got an email from - “ Billing Department <[email protected]>”

The bill was for an MS Surface Pro 478 w/ Signa Type Covered Burgundy
The “bill” is for $3399.99.

Of course it is an address that you can’t reply to, but there is a phone number to call instead of a link to follow. This site shows others have received the same type of msg. with the same phone number. - url removed Padme
I don’t know if he opened an attachment, he is on an Apple computer.
Anyone have any more info on this scam? My Dad is PO’ed.[/img]
Padme

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to eater. I've removed the link as these numbers are often spoofed and may belong to innocent third parties not connected to the scam.

It's not the kind of scam we deal with here, but it sounds related to tech support and other phone scams where, had they gotten you on the phone, would have tried to rope you into bogus fees or, asked you to go into a "net meeting" with them where they would try to take control of your desktop. These scams are not baitable. The best thing you can do is simply ignore the emails and block the numbers.

ETA... just noticed the bit about the attachment. It very well could have been a virus. Fortunately most of those are caught by antivirus sw these days and in any event probably wouldn't have been effective on a Mac, but of course should never be opened.

Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Acra>Sngpre Acra>Dkr>Rsso>Bmko>Kpndo>Ctnu -Team Woody
Safari Sand Timer Akure>Kano -Amos
Safari x8 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Owerri>Maiduguri>Owerri>Lagos>Lomé>Bmko>Kolokani Bmko>Nioro>Bmko>Timbuktu>Bmko>Youri Bmko>Mauritania>Kidira>Dakar>Jail -Team Godwin
Safari 's - assorted West Africa safaris, Cyril w/ Spindrift, France-Dublin w/ DSW
Easter 2015 Mortar Closed lad accounts Jack Boot Whip Whip Vcamera Mc Fry Goat Santa Flying Monkey
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic