SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

What's your (current) favorite drink?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I drink very little these days and wanted you all to know why I'm different! Laughing

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

/\/\/\ I was wondering why you stopped sending me daily naked selfies. Now I know! Razz

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Laughing Laughing Laughing

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, the local liquor store is out of Mezcal... they're not really out, but they're out of anything I haven't already tried. The McKenzie Rye looked very tempting, but there was a bottle of Westland American Single Malt sitting right next to it. I had to go with the Westland. I was not disappointed.

McKenzie is still on my 'to do' list though.

I suppose I'm going to have to go to the Gas Lamp District tomorrow and bootleg a case of assorted Mezcals across the mountains so I can continue my quest for the perfect Mezcal.

Fortunately, I'll find another shiny new spirit in a year or so, and I'll be off on another quest for the best.

*Jose's top picks for various spirits:

Scotch Whisky:
Islay - Laphroaig
Highland - Glenmorangie
Speyside - Dalwhinnie
Lowland - Auchentoshan
Island - Ledaig
Campbeltown - Kilkerran

Bourbon:
Bulleit

Irish Whiskey:
Knappougue
Middleton

Tequila:
<strike>Jose Cuervo</strike> <--- Not really. It's crap, no matter which variant you choose. Laughing
Neat, rocks or Mexican mules:
Suerte
El Mayor

For Tequila in margaritas? Use whatever you want, so long as you avoid the cheap stuff. You'll thank me later. Wink

Mezcal:
Los Cuerudos Reposado
El Silencio Joven
(I may add to this list in the next few days)

*Disclaimer: I have not tried every variation of the above listed spirits. This list represents a loose generalization - based on memory, mood, and/or other such miscellaneous criteria best known to me - of my favorites.

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic