SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Lad speak translation needed

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
ben_dover
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just got an email from a lad I have been stringing along for a while that just said "bros na we we". What does it mean? I assume I have been rumbled but I would like to know what it means anyway.

"The deceased customer who died on May 2nd 2007 in a gassy car accident..."
"Im going to sell my phone and balace the guy that help me back to lagos his on my neck"
TheDane
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

His brothers have no weewees?

Sand Timer T.W.A.T Santa Safari Lagos-Ouagadougou-Arbinda Safari Warri-Yaoundé

I AM A FOOL AND I AM SO DISAPPOINTED - Brother Okei AKA Goat Milk Lad
I do not wish my enemy what I have experienced and this humiliation you are putting me through - Rushforth (on behalf of Dharma & Dr Mike)
ben_dover
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmmm...hadn't thought down those lines.

Maybe he is saying I have no dick?

"Im going to sell my phone and balace the guy that help me back to lagos his on my neck"
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

He's probably shortened "na well well". Lads chop pidign all the time.

It translates into something like not complete. He's saying, bro, you are not all there. Laughing

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
ben_dover
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Very odd then. All I was trying to do was buy £85000 worth of diamonds off him with the proceeds from my "associate's" illicit import/export business. Surely that is a normal day for him?

windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If he's calling you bro so he suspects you're another lad. Rumbled your character's name maybe?

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Bertje

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

"Mi bisnis orait. U no want di monis?"

Send your calvary greetings | What is a mentor? | Get a mentor | Forum Rules

Safari x3 Vcamera Closed lad accounts Cellphone Mortar Whip Jack Boot Inventor
Golden Pith Lucky (w/Sparky, MrMystery & Birlic) Lagos-Togo, Lagos-Bamako, Bamako-Siguiri
ben_dover
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh well, I guess it could lead to some lad-lad baiting. I will reply a bit later on.

Rowenar
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Attempt at translation:
"We're bros, no we-weeing on me."
I dunno...maybe the 'bros' is mistaken as well.
Weisze Tod
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Without context, Pidgin can be a little tough to translate, but taken at face value:

"It's us, man!"

Analysis

If he's talking to you in Pidgin, he obviously "knows" you're a scammer yourself. You probably did something very Lagosish in your baiting (which is a good thing, by the way).

"bros" - a way to refer to someone. I've translated it by sticking "man" at the end of the sentence. Another way of looking at it is when folks start a sentence with "dude," or indeed "bro," which shares the same root word as "bros," brother.

"na" - common mistake to think it negates something. It doesn't. "na" is hard to explain since it doesn't have a direct translation in English. Loosely, it can be translated into "is" or "are." In the above sentence, I translated it to "it's."

"we we" - "We" is an English word. Saying something twice in Pidgin means he's emphasizing. For the sake of proper grammar, I translated it as "us" in the sentence above and added an exclamation mark at the end for the second "we."

And if you still haven't figured out what the fellow is trying to say, he's basically amazed that you, as a 419 scammer, haven't figured that he is a 419 scammer.
username14
Please Taunt and Ridicule Me

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow, you should write book. That was just down right professional. Shocked

Offering baiting tools and taking requests at http://un14.webs.com (Updated: 8/6/11)
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Weisze Tod beat me to it with a well-detailed explanation. That's exactly how I read it. The key is that he's calling you 'bro,' and as Weisze says, "na" translates to "is" it "it is" or similar depending upon context. Basically, "we're brothers." Probable unspoken meaning, "let's work together."

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
Weisze Tod
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

username14 wrote:
Wow, you should write book. That was just down right professional. Shocked

Haha, thanks. Smile

OP, the best course of action to take in your bait right now would be to play it exactly as the scammer's called it. By doing this, in any situation, you're increasing the efficiency of your work since you don't have to spend time and energy convincing your Nigerian counterpart that what you say is truth, nor dealing with him getting cold feet out of suspicion at the last moment.

If you'd like some help writing back in Pidgin, you're welcome to contact me via PM and I can write up some translations or teach you to do it yourself.

The invitation's open to anyone, by the way. Don't underestimate the power of talking to scammers in their own language.
pete515
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am very impressed with the knowledge of pidgen - it's almost like a code rather than a language. I made the mistake of writing to a lad as a scammer in pidgen. He saw through me in no time at all but still thought I was a fellow scammer accusing me of being an Arab who was muscling in on his accounts.

It's all the NA and DEY which confuse me.

Sand Timer Simon Dormoo - 1 year+, a standard 419er who became my love lad
United States x2 ME Foundation Home, Bank of Afrique
United Kingdom

"..a strange voice like a wild pussy cat yelled at me and then paused......It was terrible, I nearly threw my phone away, and it scared me." Lad talks to a fax machine.

"mother remember I trusted you with all my hearth, remember I fouled with my blood that I am ready to take you as my biological mother remember I gave you my hope, my spirit and soul that you will lie to me or cheat me" Elinah Kipkalya
"you sun of a beach ".."you foolish and bustard stinking dead dog". More from the fragrant Elinah 4 weeks later.
Weisze Tod
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In a way, a code is exactly what it is. Being a pidgin language, by design, it's going to feel like the middle ground between many languages, held in place by culture rather than syntax. To everyone whom I've ever worked with in learning Pidgin, I've always told that 419 culture and their language are like two sides of the same coin. You can't truly comprehend one without the other. Something to think about for any aspiring pigeons amongst you.
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

na = it is, or it shall be that, ie

na u go chop bullet = You're going to get shot
ur mama na ashawo = Your mother's a whore
na e big fool = he is very stupid

dey = unclear. Sort of word mayonnaise, fills in gaps. can mean to, to do, doing, it just seems to keep the sentence going.

ie

go dey prison = go to prison
how you dey? = how you doing?
i dey = yeah, not bad.

Mistakes are common in genuine lad pidgin, so just batter it out and hope for the best. They seem to do likewise, with enthusiasm taking place over exactitude.

Boris_YELLsome
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^
Alot of them even seem to call you 'stupid' for typing in pidgin, as in they insinuate that yua dey bush monkey for not learning 'proper' english.

Cannot confirm nor deny I am part of any club having to do with Todgers
<i>"I am so sorry if i sound rude,please pardon me for God's sake"</i>
"please i will not like a situation whereby you call this innocent man funny names"
"let us try to tell our selves the truth sometimes, despite all lawyers are liars."
"I AM A VERY BUSY MAN AND HAVE NO TIME FOR FOLLY"

-
NICOMPOOL, DIE YOUNG K.
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ with that in mind it can sometimes be productive to write in overly "educated" english (feel free to abuse the thesaurus), and lord it over your lad correspondent for not being suitably educated & thus inferior to you. "Please write in proper English as I am no street boy". This also means you don't have to try and pull off pidgin - which is hard to do believably.

however if you look around for pidgin sources (especially if you look for a specific word like "dey" and the term pidgin), you can get some good sources which give good examples how you might use them. If you add linguistic jargon terms like "tense" or "aspect" you can get some technical explanations of how they are used in the language.

Quote:
dey = unclear. Sort of word mayonnaise, fills in gaps. can mean to, to do, doing, it just seems to keep the sentence going.

"dey" originated from English "there" and is very often used to reflect present progressive (ongoing action in the present time):
U dey chop > "you are eating".

Can also just be the verb "to be" - u dey home > "you are at home".

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating

Last edited by firehouse5 on Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rowenar
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One other trick is to use something like Google Translate, there's a distinct corruption when you put it to, say, Spanish, and back, so you can reasonably claim to have simply used a translator.

Case in point:

One other trick is to use something like Google Translate, corruption is a different when you put it, for example, Spanish, and vice versa, it can reasonably claim to have been limited to using a translator.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

fwiw I had a lad on the go once to whom I spoke in very good BBC english with just the od lad-ism thrown in. he almost worshipped me for some sort of uber-oga. it was disgusting.

TheDane
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rowenar wrote:
One other trick is to use something like Google Translate, there's a distinct corruption when you put it to, say, Spanish, and back, so you can reasonably claim to have simply used a translator.

Case in point:

One other trick is to use something like Google Translate, corruption is a different when you put it, for example, Spanish, and vice versa, it can reasonably claim to have been limited to using a translator.

Or use Babel Fish for that stunt. It will make it look like it was written by a 6 year old. Very Happy

Sand Timer T.W.A.T Santa Safari Lagos-Ouagadougou-Arbinda Safari Warri-Yaoundé

I AM A FOOL AND I AM SO DISAPPOINTED - Brother Okei AKA Goat Milk Lad
I do not wish my enemy what I have experienced and this humiliation you are putting me through - Rushforth (on behalf of Dharma & Dr Mike)
Rowenar
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TheDane wrote:

Or use Babel Fish for that stunt. It will make it look like it was written by a 6 year old. Very Happy

So, the typical intelligence level of a lad then?

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
"dey" originated from English "there" and is very often used to reflect present progressive (ongoing action in the present time):
U dey chop > "you are eating".

Can also just be the verb "to be" - u dey home > "you are at home".

useful - Thanks. I'd been wondering for some time.

Julia_Cio
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry for the late reply, I'm new to this forum.

"Na we we" means "We are the same" or "You and I belong here". They commonly say it, when they are convinced, you are their fellow scammer.
I heard it quite a few times too.
Padme

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Julia_Cio Welcome to eater. Please do not post in old threads. This one is several years old.

Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Acra>Sngpre Acra>Dkr>Rsso>Bmko>Kpndo>Ctnu -Team Woody
Safari Sand Timer Akure>Kano -Amos
Safari x8 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Owerri>Maiduguri>Owerri>Lagos>Lomé>Bmko>Kolokani Bmko>Nioro>Bmko>Timbuktu>Bmko>Youri Bmko>Mauritania>Kidira>Dakar>Jail -Team Godwin
Safari 's - assorted West Africa safaris, Cyril w/ Spindrift, France-Dublin w/ DSW
Easter 2015 Mortar Closed lad accounts Jack Boot Whip Whip Vcamera Mc Fry Goat Santa Flying Monkey
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic