SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Am I in danger?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
skys
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Long story short, I have started to engage a call center of scammers who did the old robocall, "A formal complaint has been filed ... please call us back."

I've called a dozen times in the past two days asking for more information about a company called 'Recovery Support.' Of course, they won't tell me anything about who they are or where they are based. I have been yelled at and hung up on multiple times.

So, my question is, now that I have thoroughly pissed them off, should I stop calling? They do have my real phone number (who knows where they got it), but I didn't give them any information. I just wonder, can I become a target of some other kind of harassment if I anger them off enough? Should I block my number? Should I use a different number? Am I getting in over my head here?

I'd like to continue calling to waste their time, but I would like to know if it's safe to do so. Any advice is welcome.

Also, I have known about 419eater since This American Life profiled the group some years ago, and I am a fan of the work you are all doing. This is my firsts post in the forum.

Thanks.
Thursten3rd
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to eater! If you are using your personal phone for the calls, you need to stop all calls and block their number now. We don't do phone scam baiting, here. But I can tell you that you need to learn to bait safely no matter what type of scammer you choose to engage with. Personal phone numbers can provide a lot of other personal information in the wrong hands. The risk is just not worth a few amusing telephone calls.

...you cannot kill me of Innocency....! - Reverend Mark Obum

Well, is now getting to a point which you're searching for the other side of me, and if you don,t reason well, you will surely see it from me. - Steve Jobs, Commander in Chief
bware419ers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

These types of phone scams aren't "baitable," as we define it here. Also, they are not Advance Fee Fraud, which is also what we concentrate our efforts against. These types of scammers are known for exacting revenge.

https://consumerist.com/2016/02/11/diabolical-irs-phone-scammers-call-swat-team-tell-victim-theyre-there-to-collect/
http://wjla.com/news/crime/irs-scammers-swatting-against-people-who-discover-their-phone-schemes-114088
http://wavy.com/2014/09/16/police-irs-scammers-responsible-for-hoax-swat-call/
http://www.postbulletin.com/news/crime/scammer-gets-revenge-with-bomb-threat/article_b6f83e37-4adf-52be-8327-9bf366f23089.html

Since you're familiar with what we do, have a look around and see if it's something that might interest you.

Golden Pig Vcamera Closed lad accounts X 7035
The Church of the Old Gods Sand Timer Safari X 17 Tattoo
Goat Mortar Flying Monkey Mc Fry Jack Boot Easter 2015 Santa Whip

Black Ribbon "FFS." - Capone
Black Ribbon - Toomuchfun
Black Ribbon - Irishemigrant
"I started to read it but got bored after the first couple of sentences." - SOOI
"Remind me not to get on your bad side." - jose_cuervo
skys
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I appreciate the feedback. I did some deeper reading after I posted my comment and realized my mistake. Advice taken, number blocked.

I am absolutely interested in learning how to scam bait. I will visit the forums to educate myself on the guidelines and terminology.

When I am ready to contribute, what is the next step?

Thanks so much.
baitingfuriously
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

When you're ready, I'd suggest creating a baiting character and typing up all the basic details like name, DOB, sex, address etc. After that, sign up your character to a free email account (Google, Yahoo or whatever). This ensures your anonymity.

To find lads to bait, post your character's email address in the clear on website guestbooks (the infamous mugu guestbook is a good one) or pick them up from surplus: https://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=18

Enjoy. Plenty of people here will be happy to offer their help if/when you need it.

"YOU ARE A BIG SHIT" - Sir James Matt, Coordinator United Nations Fund Recovery Committee
"please i will like you to suck my dick attached on this mail" - Rev. Dr. John Wool, America Embassy office
"I knew you were blind but was not aware you were stupid also. Accept my apology for your current condition." - Powerball lottery winner Pedro Quezada
"I know that you are a big Scammer, you have to be ashamed of yourself, you do not know anything about Bank transaction, you should go and learn how to steal and fraud people." - Chris Lantana,
Transfer Manager, La Caixa Bank
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic