SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

The Dream Inhibitor

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
chaplinkeatonmarx
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am a student who has been saving up through my first day of college till now, to purchase a film camera. My passion is film. I thought I had my eyes on one but the man used my own blinding passion against me and scammed be of half of the money I saved. I don't have a high paying job and it has taken me years to get this money. He doesn't answer my calls and I am restless that he keeps the ad up and is willing and able to scam others. He takes emails but doesn't respond through the non-craigslist email but he does give his number to "contact" him and he does answer the phone - he seems friendly but its a facade. 419 do what you do. If you need his direct number message me. Goes by the name "Henry"

The conversation go like this. (I used an alternate email and he went about the same way but just changed to name I give him)

Buyer: Are you selling the Canon.

Henry: Are you available today?

Buyer: (says whatever)

Henry: Ill tell you what, if we do it today ill leave it for (whatever price he thinks sounds good) . Can i have a number to contact you at? or you can contact me. I'm in Montauk, New York. You could come pick it up or if you can't then i could do an overnight delivery through Walgreens location store where i don't get paid until you receive the Canon and inspect it and test it out and then they release the money to me. Let me know

I am now told I need to suck it up and start over. I understand this but film is all I have. I wanted to get into festivals next year and now I have to wait longer despite my hard work shooting on low quality cameras and cell phones. He has my address and all so idk if it's a safety issue. Thank you

Snipped link - Connie
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi chaplinkeatonmarx.

Welcome to 419Eater. I hope you roll up your sleeves and pull up a chair. We really need everyone's help. I would like to say that I also have a passion for film as you do and lament that the world has gone digital. BTW, the camera body that you link to is a top shelf DIGITAL rig and would normally go for 2 to 2.5 times more than the person was asking for. How were you able to transfer $1,400.00 USD to the "seller"?

About safety. The person has your personal information. That is a serious concern. You should not bait him. There are legal remedies that you may pursue and hopefully other members may suggest a few.

I have redacted the Craigslist link that you have provided.

Connie

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
chaplinkeatonmarx
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Connie,

Again its my idiotic fault. I was blinded by the idea of the camera that good being sold for a large discount. I did it through Western Union (I know) I didn't know anything about the method until after. He told me there was a passcode that would prevent the money from being taken out of my account before I got the item. I put in a passcode but he was able to bypass it. Immediately after he got the money and I called and called and nothing. He's still waiting on a call back from "the other buyer" which is my account as well under another name
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am sorry that you have suffered such a horrible lesson.

Could you post up the link and the phone number at our sister site Scamwarners?

It may prevent another victim from being cheated out of their money.

Btw, by film do you mean video? It's possible to buy complete film rigs with multiple lenses, high guide number flash units and filter kits on the used market for pennies on the dollar. Very few people shoot film anymore. I know a guy with 7 medium format cameras that uses a 100 dollar 6 year old Canon exclusively.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
chaplinkeatonmarx
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't mind as long as I can make cinema (video) with the little money I have. Can you let me know more details about shooting film? Thanks and I'll try to post his number and link on the site
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow chaplinkeatonmarx. A kindred spirit at such a young age.

If you would like to know more about what I do to make the cameras pay for themselves or at least become tax deductible send me a PM and we can chat.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic