SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Scammer sends a hacked photo with his phishing spam email.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
j_g
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not sure if this is the right way to contribute, but I ended up in a conversation with a scammer by accident this morning.

What was unusual is that the scammer had included a photo (hacked from photo box or the like perhaps) with his email to me. The whole thing appeared to be from a person I knew. I even looked at the email address by right clicking on it but didn't notice that the provider as @hotmail instead of the correct one. I've left the hacker/spammer's email in the exchange and perhaps I should have egged him on a bit more, but he now seems to have given up. The address is of the British Consulate in Istanbul. I note that he didn't reply to my suggesting that I am going to be in Turkey and can call and see him.

Quote:
Dear Frank,

Sorry you can’t phone.

I’ve wired the funds to my friend Peter in the Consul. He works in the local Police liaison department.

The address is

Meşrutiyet Caddesi No 34
Tepebaşı Beyoglu
34435 Istanbul
Turkey

If you go round they will help and they will even let you phone me.

Phone me when you can.

John

On 18 Oct 2016, at 12:49, Frank Perry <[email protected]> wrote:

I'm sorry I cannot call you at the moment.Sure i would have done that instead of sending you a mail. I get decent reception for data but the phone call networks is just horrible. My phone will not send/receive phone calls or text messages. It will only run apps that use data whether it be 3G or Wi-Fi. When I tried calling my phone from a land-line it went straight to voice mail even though my phone is on.The new sim card I registered for here would take about 18-36hrs to be valid.I understand the fact that a lot of internet impersonation is going on around the world,but if i wasn't the one i will not asked you to send the money to my name via western union and you know that i can't receive money in any financial institution without any form of identity...I don't have access to my bank and I don't have any other means of communication at the moment. Once the Sim is working i promise to call you on phone, so i can explain things to you properly. i promise to pay you back as soon as possible and i hope to read from you soon.Thanks F

Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2016 6:32 AM
To: Frank Perry
Subject: Re: I Need Your Urgent Help...Frank Perry

No problem,

Give me a call; you’ve got my telephone number and we can discuss things. As it happens I’m in Turkey the day after tomorrow so I can call and see you.

Kind regards

John

On 18 Oct 2016, at 12:29, Frank Perry <[email protected]> wrote:

This is real me and i also sent the message earlier so it is not a spam mail. Good to hear from you.I have been having network problem on my phone because am presently in Istanbul,Turkey and using an hospital computer to write you at the moment. I really didn't want to bother you with this but I have no one else to turn-to at this point. I received an emergency call from Turkey that my cousin and his family had a terrible accident in Istanbul.unfortunately his wife who was driving at the time died instantly. I rushed down here to help him and his family but sadly,i don't have direct-access to make transactions on my Bank from here and need to settle the hospital bills of he's and his three year old son whose leg was broken fast. I was wondering if you could urgently loan me about 1,350 pounds which is approximately ( 1,520 Euro ) to sort-out things and i promise to immediately refund when i arrive back.Here is the Doctors Phone Number: +905318900249

I spoke to the doctor and he said the best way of receiving money here is via Western Union Money Transfer. All you have to do is locate any of the Western Union outlets around you, I was told you can find one at local Post offices or shopping malls. Once sent, I have been told I can get the money within 15 minutes of transfer. Besides, it is safe enough as I can cash it with my ID (which means I'm the only recipient). Please bear in mind that if your schedule won't allow you to do it via outlet today, you can use your card to register and send online at www.westernunion.com (according to the manager here who's been really helpful).Here are the details below:

Name: Frank Perry
Address: Kocatepe Mh, 34437
City: Beyoglu/Istanbul

Please as soon as the money has been wired kindly get back to me with the Western Union Transfer Details and other details printed on the transfer slip necessary to get the money here fast. such as the MTCN REFERENCE NUMBER: , Amount: and Senders Name:

Look forward to your reply,Thanks Frank

Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2016 5:39 AM
To: FRANK PERRY
Subject: Re: I Need Your Urgent Help...Frank Perry

Frank,

I wasn’t sure if your email is spam or not but I’m replying in the hope I can help.

Kind regards

John

On 18 Oct 2016, at 11:07, FRANK PERRY <[email protected]> wrote:

I hope you're doing great? Actually, I'm having such a frustrating ordeal right now and need a favor from you.I'm unavailable over the phone so I'd appreciate if you could email me back asap. Thanks Frank
<frank perry1.jpg>
[/quote]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic