SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Adventures with Lotto Lads 6 - Microsoft Sweepstakes Lottery

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Otterfan
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've won another lottery! However, this one starts off by telling me I've won with a load of ladscript that I can't be bothered to read.

So far, it's mainly as normal as a straight-bait can get, but who knows... ?

I wrote:
Dear Patrick Wilson,

I received the email below but it is all very confusing to me.
Can you please explain what this means and why it has been sent to me.

thanks,
RJ

<======= Original Message =======>
Dear Lucky Winner,

We are pleased to inform you that your email/company address has been selected Please see attached file for details.

Award Committee

CONGRADULATION! CONGRADULATION! AWARD PROMOTION! "2016"
From The Head Office of Sweepstakes National Lottery Award "2016" Head Office Address: 51-75 Southampton Row, Bloomsbury London United Kingdom WC1B 4AR Contact Age. Dr. Patrick Wilson: E-mail: [email protected] TEL; +27-81999 9999 / +27-78 999 9999 REFERENCE NO: NISW-L/2016-271044 BATCH NO: 2016MAR#1,016 Dear Winner, WINNER NO: 04 We are pleased to inform you that your emails/company address has been selected for a cash prize offer as registered member of Internet E-mail user. You have subsequently won the sum of Seven Hundred and Twenty Thousand United State Dollars Only [US$720,000.00] from the Sweepstakes National Lottery international emails award promotion draw on the 151 of September 2016.
All participants were selected from worldwide websites through our Microsoft computer ballot system drawn from 21,000 names, 3,000 names from each continent (Canada. Asia, Australia, United state, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Oceania, as part of international "e-mails" award promotions program, which is conducted annually for prominent no -word users all over the world, and to encourage the user of internet and alleviate poverty worldwide
lAs part of our security protocol you are to quote this security code MSW/MAR/XX2016, REFERENCE NO: MSW-U2016-271044, BATCH NO: 2016MAR#1,016 to your claiming agent. (Regarding the process to transfer your prize by our African payment offshore Bank in South Africa, kindly contact your claim agent immediately with bellow information: Contact Payment Agent Name: Dr. Patrick Wilson. E-mail: [email protected] Tel: +27-81999 9999 / +27-78 999 9999 Provide us with your .11 details for Your payment 'Full Name Surname/First:
[Telephone Number:
'Address/City:
'Country Origin:
Endeavor to call or email the agency your full details such as your winning information. If you do not contact your claims (AGENT) within 72 hours of this notification, your winning could be revoked Winners are advised to keep their winning information secret to avoid double claim (IMPORTANT) pending the ii. transfer/claim by Winner. Congratulations once again!!! Regards, Mrs. Lillian Peterson (Announcement)

Mr. Anderson Cole [Director].
NOTICE: DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL BECAUSE YOU MIGHT NOT BE ATTENDED TO. KINDLY CONTACT YOUR PAYMENT AGENT ABOVE DIRECTLY FOR FURTHER DIRECTIONS

What a mess that opening format is. Mrs Peterson, Mr Cole? Who wrote it? And "CONGRADULATION"? Of course, I mention none of these mistakes.

Normally, I try to write to the original person, refusing to contact the next stage of the script until a little later (if at all). The email address for MrsMr PetersonCole doesn't exist so I am forced to contact Patrick Wilson.

Lad wrote:
ATTN: Co-Winner.

We wish to acknowledge receipt of your message to this office in respect to your Lottery winning notification and claim Congratulations.

It is our obligation to inform you that we have been mandated to process, release and transfer your winning fund by Sweepstakes Lottery Award promotions. We are mandated to supervise, assist and monitor the claim and payment of winners of the Lottery from the designated bank here in South Africa.

However, we want to clearly inform you that the Lottery draw was actually held and was conducted by Sweepstakes Lottery Award promotions to help eradicate poverty round the world. In their efforts to help the poor people of the world, Sweepstakes Lottery decided to introduce this Lottery draws. As a matter of fact, one is not expected to play in this Lottery draw before becoming a winner. Winners were selected from web services provider that are affiliated to Microsoft world wide.

Fortunately, so many people including corporate bodies have benefited from this gesture. It is a good thing that you are one of the winners. The gesture has actually favored both the rich and the poor alike. As you did receive a winning notification letter from the Lottery promotion, then you are very lucky, which calls for immense celebration. Should you desire to file in for your winning claim, please, re-visit the notification letter sent to you by the Lottery promotion and send your winning details to us to enable us process your winning and instruct the paying bank to transfer your fund to you.

The details we require include:

1. Name in Full:
2. Address:
3. Nationality:
4. Age:
5 Sex.
6. Occupation:
7. Marital Status:
8. Phone.
9. Fax:

These are the information we require to commence the formalization process. Without this information, we cannot process and verify your winning. This is also to avoid double claim and payment.

Once again, we send our congratulations to you on your winning.

Thank you.

Sincerely yours,

Dr. Patrick Wilson.

I wrote:
Dear Mr Patrick Wilson,

Thank you for your clarifying email explaining about my winning this lottery of yours. I am still somewhat amazed that I won anything, and I wonder what exactly I did that allowed me to participate. But I guess I shouldn't question things too deeply if there's money involved! Ha!

Here are the details you requested.
1. Name in Full: Rxxxxxxx Bxxxxxxxx Jxxxxxx
2. Address: 17 Xxxxxxxxxx, Pxxxxxxx, Cxxxxxxx, PL99 9XX, England
3. Nationality: British
4. Age: 57
5 Sex. Male
6. Occupation: Retired
7. Marital Status: Married
8. Phone. 08709999999
9. Fax: I don't have one.
I hope this is the infos you need to process my claim further.

thanks,
RJ

Lad wrote:
No. 247 / 8 Vuyokazi Street,
Park Town, Johannesburg, 2001,
Johannesburg, South Africa.
Cell: +27-81 999 9999

Fax: +27 86 571 9999

For the Attention of: Rxxxxxxx Bxxxxxxxx Jxxxxxx.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF LOTTO WINNING CLAIM.

Dear Sir,

We wish to acknowledge receipt of your message to this office in respect to your Lottery winning notification and claim for a total payout of US$ 720, 000.00. We have also received and confirmed your winning details. Congratulations.

It is our obligation to inform you that we have been mandated to process, release and transfer your winning fund by Sweepstakes Lottery promotion program. We are mandated to supervise, assist and monitor the claim and payment of winners of the Lottery from the designated bank here in South Africa.

Here below are our payment options:

#1) Collection of price in person (This means you have to come down to collect your prize)

#2) Direct Payment by bank to bank wire transfer into your bank account, for the bank to transfer your fund to your bank account, they will need the following bank details:

1) Your bank name
2) Your bank address
3) Your bank swift code or IBAN number
4) Your bank branch code or routing number
5) Your account number
6) Beneficiary name of the account holder
7) Attached copy of your international passport or Driver’s License or National ID Card.

#3) Payment by certified bank Cheque (to be posted to you through designated courier service)

#4) Payment by Bank ATM CARD (to be posted to you through designated courier service)

Please, kindly indicate your choice of the options available to you to enable us commence the process of your payment immediately. In normal circumstances, it will take us two to three banking working days to complete the processing and transferring of your money but this would depend on the support and co-operation we receive from you.

We normally advise winner to keep their winning details and all documents regarding your winning safe and confidential to avoid double claim and disruption and interruption of payment process.

Thanking you very much for your anticipated co-operation in serving you well. Should you need more clarification, please call on the telephone number below or email us.

Once again, we send our congratulations to you on your winning. Please, kindly reply our emails on time so that we can meet up the payment deadline.

Thank you.

Sincerely yours,

Dr. Patrick Wilson.

Standard stuff and so I reply with my standard "Can I have that in GB pounds, please?" request. It buys at least two days.

I wrote:
Dear Patrick,

Thank you for your informative email. It was interesting reading!
May I ask a question? How much is the prize in GB pounds? We don't use dollars here, not since we won our independence, and we use GBP for all our currency needs now. Can you tell me how much the prize is in GBP so I have a number I can relate to? Thank you.

As for the options you provided, I would like to pick option 3, a cheque posted to me. It seems the easiest and most traditional way, and that's what I'm more comfortable with.

regards,
RJ

Lad wrote:

Dear Sir,

We confirm receipt of your mail and your request well noted. Your total payout money is US$ 720, 000.00 which is equivalent of GBP£555, 000:00 (Five Hundred and Fifty-Five Thousand Great British Pounds Only).

Kindly, read this mail carefully and follows the instructions immediately as to enable us process and send your winning fund to you via FedEx Courier Services as you have indicated before the deadline issued to us by the Lottery board.

We understood that you will want your payment made to you by certified Bank Cheque (Check). We have entered it into our data base; we shall be forwarding your payment instructions to the paying bank. We shall send your certified Bank Cheque (Check) to your full contact / residential address.

However, we have finalized the verification of your winning claim in our data base and confirmed by the Lottery Company. For us to process and send your winning fund to you as you have requested, we shall require a processing / administrative fee of £285 (Two Hundred and Eighty-Five Great British Pounds Only)This is a mandatory fee paid by all winners of the Lottery that fell within our payment zone. This fee will cover our administrative charges, stamps, duties and other administrative formalities including the cost of postage / Delivering.

It is also imperative that we indicate that we are not permitted or allowed to make any form of deduction of fees from winner’s funds. The Lottery board insured the funds while depositing it with the paying bank, which makes it practically impossible to make deductions whatsoever.

You’re certified Bank Cheque (Check) will be sent to you through FedEx courier services. You should know that these courier service providers will be paid upfront here before they can collect your parcel for delivery. It is from this fee required from you that the payment for the delivery will be made also. You are to finance these. As you can see with us, there is no way we can process and send your winning without you paying the required fee.

As soon as you indicate your readiness to send the money for the processing fee of £285, You advice to use this details below to send the money immediately through Money Gram or Western Union whichever one that is preferable with you.

Details include;

Surname name of receiver:……………… XXXXXXX
First name of receiver:…………………… XXXXXXX
Middle name or receiver:……………………VIOLET
Address of receiver:……………………… .Johannesburg, South Africa.
Use this as text question:………………….What is the Color
Use this as the Answer:…………………….Blue

As soon as you send the money, please, kindly email us the sender's details as follows: or send the slip via attached.

(1) Surname of sender,
(2) First name of sender
(3) Middle name of sender
(4) Address of sender
(5) Telephone number of sender
(6) Transaction / control / MTC number.

We shall update you immediately the money is received and commence with the process immediately, if we receive the processing / Cost of delivering fee from you today probably your certified bank Cheque (Check) will be send to you tomorrow morning and forward the tracking number to you immediately without any delay for your confirmation.

Once again, congratulations to you on your winning as we anticipate you further instructions. Please, kindly reply our emails on time so that we can meet up the payment deadline.

Thank you.

Yours truly,
Dr. Patrick Wilson

Good! Numbers my character can relate to!

I wrote:
Dear Patrick,

I received your email with all the details in it and I read it all several times so I was clear what I should do to claim my winnings.

I have not replied to you until now because I have an embarrassing situation. You see, we are not rich here, and I am struggling to find the fee you asked for. I don't have that kind of money spare, and you said I can't take money out of my winning prize to pay the fee. This sounds quite silly to me and I don't understand it but it's your lottery so it's your rules, I guess.

Anywy, in order to get my prize sent out in time, is it possible you could lend me the money to pay this fee? You know for certain that when my prize winnings gets here I will be able to pay you back. In fact, I will pay you back 10 times over! I will be able to afford it then!

So please, so that my daughter and my wife don't have to suffer, please lend me the money for this fee, and then when the prize is here, I will definitely pay you back. I am swearing on my family's life that this will happen as soon as the prize is here. Please?

thanks,
RJ

Let's see if I can borrow that delivery fee.

Lad wrote:

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your mail just received and the content well noted.

Unfortunately, , in reference to the rules and regulations governing our contractual agreement with the Lottery board, we are not allowed or permitted to get personally involved with winners of the Lottery either by way of compensation or gratification. It is a breach of contract and we would not like to jeopardize our contract by going contrary to the agreement and rules. So I am sorry to tell you that is not possible for me to pay the fee on your behalf and I really appreciate your offer but it is out of my control.

It is also imperative that we indicate that we are not permitted or allowed to make any form of deduction of fees from winner’s funds. The Lottery board insured the funds while depositing it with the paying bank, which makes it practically impossible to make deductions whatsoever. This we have informed you previously.

We also wish to inform you that if you are not willing or capable to comply with the requirement to enable us process and send your winning fund accordingly, then we shall send you a winner’s cancellation form to you in order to cancel your payment. We shall send you the said form by scanned email. When you receive the form, you print it out, fill it carefully, sign it and scan and email it back to us.

When we receive the filled cancellation form back from you, then we will process the cancellation accordingly and then inform the bank of the cancellation of your payment and your fund will be returned bank as unclaimed fund.

If you are not comfortable with this and you still want to go ahead with processing your payment, please, kindly let us know urgently and arrange the fee requested to enable us process and send your fund to you before our payment deadline. The choice is totally yours now.

Thanking you very much for your anticipated co-operation in serving you well. Please, kindly reply our mail on time so that we can meet up with the deadline.

Thank you.

Truly yours,
Dr. Patrick Wilson
(Executive Director)

What, I can't borrow a mere £285 from you, Patrick? You know I've got a huge lot of money coming to me very soon, so you know I'm good for it!

I also notice Patrick has promoted himself to "Executive Director". Didn't have a title before.

I wrote:
Dear Patrick,
Was your email serious? Is wasn't just a joke at my expense? I am feeling it was.

You said that I was a winner of a lottery draw. And then I am being punished by my prize being withdrawn just because I don't have money.
Wait a second! The lottery win is meant to put money in MY hands not someone else's! This is ridiculous, and this is why I think your reply was just a little joke you were having with me. Haha, I am laughing now that I realize your reply was not meant to be taken seriously.

Please reply and be more serious, okay?

thanks,
RJ

Yes, I'm calling him out for being a joker this early.

Lad wrote:
SUBJECT: For the Attention of: Rxxxxxxx Bxxxxxxxx Jxxxxxx.,not a joke.

Dear Rxxxxxxx Bxxxxxxxx Jxxxxxx.

We are serious and not a joke as you think, if you cannot comply with the requirement then, come down here in South Africa and collect your prize in person or you forfeit it the choice is totally yours as we cannot force you to claim your prize.

Thanks you.

Truly yours,
Dr. Patrick Wilson.

He's done away with all the headers and footers. But still retained the strange formating that puts an extra two lines between every paragraph when I copy&paste it here. (I've taken these out in all of his emails to save space.)

I wait ten days before replying. Not sure why, just distracted with other baits and other things.

I wrote:
Dear Patrick,

I am writing to inquire what is going on with you people?
I have been waiting for your informations about where to go to claim my prize but you have not replied for over a week now.
Is there a problem? If there is, please reply to me and let me know the nature of the problem because maybe I can fix it and we can continue with my claim for my winnings.

thank you,
RJ

Three days go by and he doesn't reply.

I wrote:
Dear Patrick,

Still waiting for infos about how to claim my winnings.

I hope you are not keeping my prize for yourself. That would be evil and sinful.

thanks,
RJ

Two days and still nothing.

I wrote:
Dear Patrick,

Okay, your lack of response is confirming that you were a joke all along, and you were never serious with me. I can accept that, if it is the situation here.
However, if there is still a prize for me to claim then stop messing me around and please reply as soon as you read this.

thank you,
RJ

The next day...

Lad wrote:

Dear Sir,

Sir, we confirmed receipt of your mail, and we want to clearly inform you that we are not in anyway joking with you and we will never do, your fund is real and your fund still available, if you still wish to claim it, then you have to follow below instruction as was instructed to you earlier in our previous mail. Remember this mail was earlier sent to you on the September 21, 2016.

We confirm receipt of your mail and your request well noted. Your total payout money is US$ 720, 000.00 which is equivalent of GBP£555, 000:00 (Five Hundred and Fifty-Five Thousand Great British Pounds Only).

Kindly, read this mail carefully and follows the instructions immediately as to enable us process and send your winning fund to you via FedEx Courier Services as you have indicated before the deadline issued to us by the Lottery board.

We understood that you will want your payment made to you by certified Bank Cheque (Check). We have entered it into our data base; we shall be forwarding your payment instructions to the paying bank. We shall send your certified Bank Cheque (Check) to your full contact / residential address.

However, we have finalized the verification of your winning claim in our data base and confirmed by the Lottery Company. For us to process and send your winning fund to you as you have requested, we shall require a processing / administrative fee of £285 (Two Hundred and Eighty-Five Great British Pounds Only)This is a mandatory fee paid by all winners of the Lottery that fell within our payment zone. This fee will cover our administrative charges, stamps, duties and other administrative formalities including the cost of postage / Delivering.

It is also imperative that we indicate that we are not permitted or allowed to make any form of deduction of fees from winner’s funds. The Lottery board insured the funds while depositing it with the paying bank, which makes it practically impossible to make deductions whatsoever.

You’re certified Bank Cheque (Check) will be sent to you through FedEx courier services. You should know that these courier service providers will be paid upfront here before they can collect your parcel for delivery. It is from this fee required from you that the payment for the delivery will be made also. You are to finance these. As you can see with us, there is no way we can process and send your winning without you paying the required fee.

As soon as you indicate your readiness to send the money for the processing fee of £285, You advice to use this details below to send the money immediately through Money Gram or Western Union whichever one that is preferable with you.

Details include;

1) Surname name of receiver:… XXXXXXXO, (2) First name of receiver:… XXXXXXX (3) Middle name or receiver:…VIOLET (4) Address of receiver:…… . 8 Vuyokazi Street, Johannesburg, South Africa.(5) Use this as text question:…What is the Color (6) Use this as the Answer:….Blue

As soon as you send the money, please, kindly email us the sender's details as follows: or send the slip via attached.

(1) Surname of sender, (2) First name of sender (3) Middle name of sender (4) Address of sender (5) Telephone number of sender
(6) Transaction / control / MTC number.

We shall update you immediately the money is received and commence with the process immediately, if we receive the processing / Cost of delivering fee from you today probably your certified bank Cheque (Check) will be send to you today as well and forward the tracking number to you immediately without any delay for your confirmation.

Once again, congratulations to you on your winning as we anticipate you further instructions. Please, kindly reply our emails on time so that we can meet up the payment deadline.

Thank you.

Yours truly,
Dr. Patrick Wilson

Ugh. This feels like a scripted reply, except for his inclusion of £ figures instead of $ figures. Nice of him to take the time to go through and put those in.
Oh wait, he didn't. It was just a copy&paste of a previous email. Lazy lad!

I wrote:
Dear Patrick,

Thank you for finally replying to my emails. Since the last time I heard from you (24th of September) I have sent three emails wondering when you would break your silence and respond to me. I see you have finally done so, which is good news, but I am not happy with what you wrote in that email, implying that I have not been replying quick enough for you. Really, Patrick? I went through over two weeks of complete silence from you and suddenly you are blaming ME??? I am very offended by this, I must tell you. And why is there this stupid deadline? The National Lottery run by the UK Government has a period of 180 days to claim any winnings from them. That's 6 months! I fail to see why you people allow a tiny period to claim prizes. Will the money disappear? Will it evaporate?

I'll stop now because your email is making me turn all passive-aggressive and sarcastic, and that is not good for my well-being.

Please reply soon (less than 2 weeks this time, okay?) and answer my concerns. I am looking forward to receiving this winnings because I have plans to make my daughter's birthday a very special time with this money.

thank you,
RJ

It's been so long and I've had so many other baits going on that I forgot that I was going to pursue his offer of letting me go down to South Africa to claim my prize. Never mind.

Lad wrote:

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your mail just received and the content well understood.

However, nobody is blaming you. Like I said earlier, your funds are still available and will be sent to you as soon as you send the required processing fee as advised, and the earlier we receive it the sooner we proceed, it is up to you now because the earlier the better.

Thank you.

Yours truly,
Dr. Patrick Wilson

I wrote:
Dear Patrick,

Thank you for your response. You are starting to sound more reasonable and serious now.

I will send the payment as soon as I have sold some items of mine to raise the £285. You've caught me at a low time with lots of bills and demands coming in all at the same time so I am currently low on finances. However, I have some collectible items that I bought a long time ago and I will sell these to get your fee. I hope this is okay with you.

thank you,
RJ

Lad wrote:

Dear Sir,

Confirmed receipt of your mail and the content well noted.

No! Problem, until then we shall be wait to hear from you.

Thanks you.

Truly yours,
Dr. Patrick Wilson.

I don't understand his punctuation of "No problem" but I don't care. I've gained a little bit of time to think up something else.
I can either wait a few days before giving him an update, or maybe update him every day. I'll see how I feel about that tomorrow morning.

"I have to sale something now to be able to drink water." -- Alice Idris on safari in Cotonou
"why did you waste my time like this why." -- US Army Captain William D Swenson
Hello Kitty! <--TS certified.

Easter Egg
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic