SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Classified SCAM .. very smart

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
alex-fafa
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I posted an item that i am selling on a Classifieds website in my country, outside of US.
This website i use often and normally you meet with the seller and you pay by cash, let's say that i sell a guitar then somebody call me and we arrange a meeting, it's basically maby something like craiglist, although i do not use.

Yesterday i recieve this email about my guitar:

Quote:
Good Morning,what is the present condition for this Post and how long have you owned it? i am interested in making a quick purchase for it due to my best interest, email back to my private email below [email protected] Thank You Rolando

i replied back (i fall on the scam) describing the condition of the item etc, then same day i recieve this email.

Quote:
I'm grateful for your quick response. And i will like to introduce myself to you....I'm Rolando Quiros, I base in Texas but am presently in mission Syria because I'm a /Military soldier, I'm searching on auction where i found your Item which am interested to purchase for my use when am back to Texas.I would like to pay for it as soon as possible, due to my best interest in it, i will make payment and have my private shipping Agent come for pick up at your located address, payment will be made through my Paypal account directly into your bank account, Bank details needed to proceed with this transaction is as below

Account Holder Name;
Account Number;
Bank Name:
IBAN:
Swift Code:
Total cost
Phone number
Address where it will be picked up from
Email

I fall in the scam to be honest but instead of giving my local address (no way) i insist that the agent can call me and i will arrange the meeting, i did also gave my PayPal adress and my phone was already posted in the classified Sad
My full name was also posted in my email signature, apart of that i did not give any other information.

Then he send me this email:

Hello,

Quote:
I just want to tell you that Is my pleasure to informed you that I have make the transfer of the sum of €650.00 Eur, i hope you have gotten the confirmation mail from PAYPAL .I have made the payment now as promised. I'm glad You have received the payment confirmation message from paypal regarding the payment into your bank account. The shipping company wants €150.00 Eur for pick up and deliverer. So I made a total payment of €650.00 Eur. €450.00 Eur for your (Item), €150.00 Eur for the shipping Agent and the Western Union charges is already included which is also 50 euro i added for you so that there will not be any delay ok...Please let me know as soon as you send them the money, Bellow is the shipping company agent information who will come for the Pick Up and where to send the €150.00 Eur thank you.

Agent Name: Ogbomo Raymond Osa
State: Ibadan
City: Oyo
Zip Code: 23402

You should send the money soon so that the Pick Up would be scheduled and you would know when the Pick Up would commence, make sure you're home. So just make sure you send the extra amount to the Shipping Company right away so that you can get your money immediately.It's Nice Doing Business With You.

Await your reply soon.

Best Regard
Sgt Rolando

At this moment i was 100% sure it is a scam (i recieve another email like this next day...) and i stopped replying back.
I would like to ask something , how the scammer could affect me now ? (he just knows my paypal adress, telephone number and full name)
He will just try to connect those info and find out my password ? (nothing to do with those info he has on me)
If so , i have nothing to worry but what you think based on experience?

Also why he was asking for my local adress? (i guess to have more information on me to find out my password?)

So strange ... and i am well experienced on scammers ... this time i do not know what to say!

Thanks
Hello Kitty
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Its a simple one. He pays you more money than you need, so you have to pay for the shipping charges (fictional) and he gets the $150. Also he is more than likely not in Syria but in Nigeria.

THE FBI WILL VISIT YOU FOR INTERROGATIONS,BE WARNED FOR THE LAST TIME.

told the diplomat that are husband have give up the ghost
alex-fafa
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes i knew was a simple one, thanks and now i understand how it works
although i cannot understand how he would take the money?
If i continue for example he would gave me a real bank account to deposit him 150E ???
i am in the website like 3 hrs already and reading about all those nigerian scammers and i have no words...
Oh my god, are they SO STUPID????
hahaha
i cannot stop laughing with this one and the tattoo story!
http://www.419eater.com/html/okorie.htm

Is this happened for real??? Laughing Laughing

I do think maybe also to continue with my scammer, i have strong imagination and i can play well..
what do you think?

btw, altough they are stupid , they use real bank accounts information that they get from the scammed ppl (i can see real bank name here in Greece in this okorie storie)
Hello Kitty
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Do not continue with the scammer on your real life email address, possibly with contacts on it, phone numbers etc which could be hacked. We always use a new email to bait from. Like Gmail etc.

Read all the information in the hint's section and then grab your self a mentor.

Baiting is so much fun and yes lads have been tatoooooooooed

THE FBI WILL VISIT YOU FOR INTERROGATIONS,BE WARNED FOR THE LAST TIME.

told the diplomat that are husband have give up the ghost
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome alex-fafa. Hello Kitty has given you good advice - stop corresponding with this scammer as he has your personal details. We advise only baiting scammers from anonymous accounts and in this case they have your real name etc.

It's also a misconception that scammers are stupid. Although they can be manipulated into doing ridiculous things, a good number of them are exceptionally successful, making a good living from the people they victimise.

This scam: yes indeed he wants you to think he has overpaid for the product, and for you to send him the 150 (posing as a shipping agent). The "confirmation email" from paypal is fake but intended to make you think the 650 is already in your hands.

Why he asked about your local address? Probably to make the deal sound more real. If there was a shipping agent they would need this information.

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
alex-fafa
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi firehouse-5,
Thanks, i will take your advise and stop communicating with this scammer.
My only concern now is that he has my real fullname,mobile phone and paypal adsress and i guess that he will try to use on another victim Sad
About fullname etc i am sure they can find lots of info on fb pages etc ( i do not have one but for sure somebody else will have same name like me), at least i did not give my real address (i was suspicious on this) or a real bank account.
Also full name was visible on my email signature when i contact regarding my item (my mistake that i reply with my real email) and telephone number is visible on that classifieds website ...
Anyway, i hope the scammer will not use any of those info as he didn't success to trick me and he'll just move on.
What do you think?

btw , lot's of funny stories on the "trophy" section! Very Happy
Ser Davos
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Once he realizes that you aren't responding anymore he will move on.

United KingdomSouth AfricaUnited StatesCanadaAustraliaChinaPanamaIndonesiaTurkeyGhanaThailandKenyaNigeriaBrazilUkraineUnited Arab EmiratesGermanyAlgerian FlagcameroonBeninMalaysiaSwitzerlandBelgiumAfghanistanNetherlandsCambodia FlagTogoSpainColumbia

Safari Prosper: Lagos>Bamako>Timbuktu with the Onion smugglers, TLH, and Jojobean

Isn't being a nerd all about being passionate about something that's inconsequential?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic