SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

New Scam? Info Here

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
WillEater
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Some buddies received an email from a vendor they use.

Quote:
Phoenix Customer Care
Show details

Dear Xxxxxx Xxxxx

We recently received notice that a scammer is targeting Sound Choice Certified KJs and other licensees, using information taken from our public licensee directory.

The scam goes like this: The scammer sends an email or calls the KJ, requesting information about booking a private show. After booking the show, the scammer tries to get financial information from the KJ, such as banking information, supposedly to pay the KJ, but in reality to attempt theft from the account, identity theft, or other financial fraud.

The emails are in somewhat broken or awkward English and appear to originate from outside the United States.

We want to reiterate that the information the scammer is using to contact you is public information. Our private databases and any financial information of yours that we might have as a result of doing business with you continue to be protected with industry-standard (or better) security technology.

However, we encourage you to avoid becoming a victim of this scam. We suggest that you take the following steps to protect yourself:

Guard your personal and business financial information closely. Don't give it to just anyone. There are many ways to get paid that don't require you to give up personal information.
Be skeptical of too-good-to-be-true offers, especially those that come from the Internet. Do business face-to-face when possible.
If you receive one of these scam emails, delete it—or, better yet, report it to your local law enforcement agency.
If you do find that you've become a victim of this scam, contact local law enforcement. Depending on the type of crime involved, you may also report it to the Internet Crime Complaint Center at https://ic3.gov, the U.S. Secret Service, the FBI, or the Federal Trade Commission.
Spread the word to others who might not know about this scam, so that they don't become victims.

Thanks for being a Sound Choice customer.

If you have any questions, please reply to this message or contact Customer Care

If there is any interest, I'll pursue the scammer email details.

Let me know..

vonpaso xlura
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Please get an email from the scammer, including full headers, and post it at Scamwarners. Several of us can tell whether it was written by a Niger-Congo speaker, a Slav, or someone from another particular part of the world, not just that it's broken English. I can even tell sometimes that a message in English was machine-translated from French (or vice versa) written by an African.

×186
Safari Accra - SH Cotonou
you are a fake people so do not ever write to me again.
Am mad at you right now ... Am tired of your questions ... Am sick and tire you and your bank
Nigerian pig . go swallow a grenade idiot. Boko Haram will solve your problem idiot .
you are big fool by send a fake payment information and never you contact me again asshole .
your passgae bearing your ATM CATD ... Ant Terrorist Certificate ... legal verterbrate ... expartiate your meaning ... gets to your dwaignted address ... successful ofghw transfer
WillEater
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have requested the emails, and if they were not deleted, I'll do that.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic