SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Scammer Stereotypes?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
sonofscam
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was wondering what everyone's broad generalizations of different types of lads were. Since I've been back in the baiting community I've noticed that different scammers tend to fall into different stereotypes, some of which I've seen.

For example, charity lads seem extraordinary lazy and very stuck on script.

All of the recovery lads I've baited tend to give up bank accounts quite willingly, but have little patience and get quite rude, pushy, and seem to twig if they don't get their payday rather easily.

In everyone's experience here has anyone noticed if there are groups that tend to only work with straight baits, go for safaris more willingly, give up trophies, twig quickly, etc?

Risky free Homeland Security Forms
Mortal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What you have to realize that with all things considered, there are still people on the other side and that's why you can't draw from stereotypes much. Some formats are easily baited one way in particular (pigs from recovery scams, safaris from gold lads etc.) but the core to a good bait is not trying to find the stereotype your lad falls within but rather trying to understand what your lad is like regardless.

Get him off script and start finding out what makes him tick Wink

Safari George: Accra -> Togo I really want to do business with you, because i know you are an Angel send to rescue me by God.
Czech RepublicUnited StatesNigeriaGhanaGermany x6
GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU. Mr. Olisa
Every night a phonecall from you, you talk rubbish. Mr. Olisa
Juan's hidden fries!
calvin
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I did some small experiments last year around this time regarding different scam types/ ASEM size etc:

https://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=257637&highlight=

At this time of year the loan lads have a feeding frenzy and are easier to extract pigs from was a general conclusion.

Sand Timer - Danilla 2yrs
Sand Timer - John Smith / David Coleman / James Pearson

"The person that went to the bank say is like you are playing a fast one on me,Because the cashier was just laughing at him"

"PLEASE IMMEDIATELY REMOVE THE "SCAMWARNERS" REFERENCE ON THE INTERNET ... THE INFERENCE THAT SOMEHOW THAT I AM RUNNING A SCAM IS HURTFUL TO MY BUSINESS"

"GUY U DE VERY WICKED AND HEARTLESS."

Whip
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We all have stereotypes -- it's hard to avoid doing this! And in the scam world they're often based on the tools and approaches that are used differently in various scams. I feel strongly that a detailed discussion of scam stereotypes is a dead end - unless we take a more constructive approach that considers the usual methods that are typical of different scams.

As others have mentioned there is incredible variability within any scam type depending on the individual scammers and how they operate -- as a baiter it can be very limiting to think in terms of these stereotypes when baiting a particular sort of scammer.

However, if you consider the methods that are typical of different scams (including the populations that a particular type of scam might target), and how they might be exploited in baits, this moves beyond stereotyping into more constructive analysis.

For example I like to bait traditional trunkbox scammers and dying widows, because in the early stages this allows me to draw out the conversation a long time, due to confusion among the two or three scammer characters that are typically involved from the start. This is more about the structure of the scam than about more general stereotypes about the scammers themselves.

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
defalt
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ I agree, it's not so much the scammers them selves but more the type of scam your baiting.
I had a scammer I was baiting once, Unknown to me at the time, I was baiting two different scams at the same time with two of my different characters.
One was a trunk box scam, which I struggled to get much out of, and the other was a loan scam.
The same lad was behind both scams at the same time with both my characters, on his loan scam I almost had him on safari, but things went pair shaped when both baits accidentally got connected together and it all blew up in my face

I have found orphan laddettes to be lazy and at best you can get the pigs but not much else.

i must say thank you so much for making me cry only God we jurge you - @nna

i think before that you are a nice man, but i don't know that you are a dog i call you a dog because you think that am prostitute but i am not a prostitute - @nna

you are a disgrace to me, so respect yourself. stop writing to me ok. i don't have your time. fucking liar like you bye - m3riem

i mean i have never been so embarrassed in whole life i advice you go to the western union office right a way to make complain. - j4cob eth4n

i better i strock you with death or cancer cos you never send any money you just insulted me
- lord prist

i think some things is run your brain. if i see you worter to me again, i will dishold you. - mariam A
bware419ers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stereotypes are worthless. For every assumption, there's an exception, or four. Lads lie. That's a fact. I'd leave it there.

Golden Pig Vcamera Closed lad accounts X 7035
The Church of the Old Gods Sand Timer Safari X 17 Tattoo
Goat Mortar Flying Monkey Mc Fry Jack Boot Easter 2015 Santa Whip

Black Ribbon "FFS." - Capone
Black Ribbon - Toomuchfun
Black Ribbon - Irishemigrant
"I started to read it but got bored after the first couple of sentences." - SOOI
"Remind me not to get on your bad side." - jose_cuervo
Doraemon
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Word bware419ers. Stereotypes lead to prejudices. And we know where prejudices lead to. Like firehouse5 said we all have stereotypes. But this is why it's called like this and not a fact.

Safari Mr. Alex second safari with maggiestail Ouagadougou - Kano
Safari Illuminati Agent L. Ekpoma - Lomé
Safari Illuminati Idiot Ekpoma - Lomé
Switzerland x 5 United Arab Emirates Nigeria Kenya South Africa United States x 7 Benin
sonofscam
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I suppose I could have picked a better word than stereotypes. Upon review that was poor wording.

However, I do appreciate and understand everyone's messages and input.

Risky free Homeland Security Forms
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic