SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

No traction.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
deal breaker
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

After an initial good time with a CC "artist," I have not had any success in getting a reply on any of my attempts to get another bait running, either CC or 419 scam.

Some of my attempts started with the "surplus" letters posted here. I copied the email address and made the subject look like a reply to the original. Some of my attempts were using emails I picked up with my real world business and forwarded to my baiting account. All involved sincerely worded replies to the original solicitation.

I have used a couple different email accounts set up through hushmail, either @hushmail.com or @hush.com. I am thinking perhaps that is tipping my hand or else the lads are checking that replies are coming from addresses that they originally solicited?

Suggestions?

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Keep your initial reply short and sweet along the lines of "tell me more about - - - - - "

"YOU NEED SOME DOCTOR" Barrister Peter Paul

I dont know who is lieing ,either you or F3lcha1r

is annoying to watch my email for a whole day and not read from you-
>178 Closed lad accounts x 200 Goat Easter Egg Purple Flower x2
United StatesNigeriaSpainUnited KingdomChinaGhanaUnited NationsThailandFilipino flagCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyMalaysiaSouth AfricaCanadaBeninRussiaFranceCayman IslandsLuxembourg
Ivory CoastBurkina FasoPortugalUnited Arab EmiratesTogoMexican FlagNetherlandsAustraliaIndonesiaSwitzerlandItalySenegalTurkeyJapanGibraltar
Peru : sri lanka : USVI : Oman x 5816
Cellphone x 45 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x2
Doraemon
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What woody999 says is true, i made the same mistake before and already wrote long initial replies which never got me any answer. A short "i may be interested" and maybe one small hint to your wealth or your characters stupidness will do the job.

Safari Mr. Alex second safari with maggiestail Ouagadougou - Kano
Safari Illuminati Agent L. Ekpoma - Lomé
Safari Illuminati Idiot Ekpoma - Lomé
Switzerland x 5 United Arab Emirates Nigeria Kenya South Africa United States x 7 Benin
TheLoneHaranguer
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lads tend not to track where they send their spam so, even if you reply from an address they didn't send mail to, 99.9% of them aren't going to realize it. Similarly, most lads tend not to read your first couple of responses and just send out the next page of their script, so don't waste time crafting responses specific to their spam -- just keep things short and sweet.

My favorite opening line is:
Quote:
My friend,

I think I may be interested in your offer. Please tell me more.

Safari T.W.A.T Vcamera Pastor Omar (Edo->N'Djamena->Abeche): "I have been slept in tached huts in the Sahara deserts"
Safari x3 T.W.A.T Vcamera x3 Tattoo Rev. Prosper (Lagos->Timbuktu): "I have never been in to this type of thing in my life and you called it enjoyment"
Easter 2015 Vcamera Goat Jack Boot
Mortar

House Haranguer: Alone we stand, together we thrive

"trust is hard to build until the foot step of trust has been stepped" Jammy King, getting philosophical

"i HAVE WRITTEN 73 MESSAGES TO YOU WHAT DO YOU TAKE ME FOR?" Rev. Boutin Dickson, not getting it
bware419ers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My favorite opening line:
Quote:

-Sent from my iPad Air

You'd be surprised how often it gets a response.

Golden Pig Vcamera Closed lad accounts X 7035
The Church of the Old Gods Sand Timer Safari X 17 Tattoo
Goat Mortar Flying Monkey Mc Fry Jack Boot Easter 2015 Santa Whip

Black Ribbon "FFS." - Capone
Black Ribbon - Toomuchfun
Black Ribbon - Irishemigrant
"I started to read it but got bored after the first couple of sentences." - SOOI
"Remind me not to get on your bad side." - jose_cuervo
Rowan
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, a lot of them don't read the first couple of responses. A few times I've amused myself by sending short, silly replies and had lads email me back. For example, if a lad is posing as some diplomat holding on to a trunk with my name on it, I'll might reply with something like, "If your trunk is purple, I'm interested in knowing more about it." Or a widow dying painfully of cancer might get: "I pray that your suffering ends soon. How can I help that along?"

Some I've given short answers to that should have hooked them, but they never replied. Maybe they already had a victim on the line they were concentrating on (although you hope not), or weren't checking that email anymore or missed your email entirely. Who knows? There's plenty more fish out there, so just grab so more emails from surplus. Wink

Sand Timer A.Z. 2013-2015
Easter 2015
"If You can't figure out the scanner find someone smart to do it ok?"
"KISS YOUR INHERITANCE GOOD BYT DUMP ASS"
"its [wo]men like you who truly ruin my days."
"Do you realize that you have pushed me to tears?"
"I pray you die of horrible disease in Jesus name for wasting my time. The is serious business."
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One other reason people sometimes get low response rate: responding too long after the initial scam mail was sent.

If you wait too long to reply:

Sometimes scammers won't reply because their initial email addresses have been shut down for spamming (and you don't always get an auto-reply in such cases, it depends on the provider).

Other times they may be focusing on potential victims who are a little bit further into the scam. If this is the case, keep your eyes open as you may get an unexpected reply when the scammer looks back to see if he got any new replies.

And still other times (especially mails posted in Surplus here), the scammers may have been baited in various ways by the time you reply, and more suspicious of new replies.

By the way my own current "standard response" to initial scams is
Quote:
I'm sorry, did you mean to send this to me?

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
Haruna
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DealBreaker, I recommend this lad. He doesn't like phone calls so you can give him an invalid number, he won't call and he won't let you know his number for security reasons.

Don't use the deafness excuse! It's already in process (I didn't know he was anti-calls when I started the bait).

His first two messages are relatively articulated, but he starts babbling when it comes to the Western Union part.

I'm posting my exchange with him here.

"Younger brother to Hassan, you can fxck off with your deceit and cheat heart." Hassan Jamal.

My sound tracks

Big X
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My standard response is "I'm confused, are you sure you sent this email to the right person?" Invariably, the lad replies that he did, and it immediately establishes that Roger will be confused about everything in the bait.

Flag PakistanUnited Arab EmiratesTurkeyChinaKorean FlagJapanThailandVietnam FlagCambodia FlagFilipino flagMalaysiaIndonesiaAustraliaNew ZealandSouth AfricaKenyaNigeriaGhanacameroonBeninTogoIvory Coast x15,508
Safari Rev Ozzy: Warri-Lome-Cotonou
Safari Woody: Accra-Singapore
Safari Archie x2: Lagos-Natitingou, Abuja-Niamey
Sand Timer John W, Rev Ozzy, Lil Richard, Zenith, Ever Bank, Robert M, Archie x2
Ser Davos
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Unfortunately it is quite common to find a lad that is so successful that he simply doesn't have time to communicate with someone who hasn't paid him yet.

The biggest mistake that new baiters make is thinking that they can turn a random lad into an epic lad. The epic baits get published here. What doesn't get published here? Several thousand baits that go nowhere.

Just keep at it. The advice given in the previous posts is extremely valid. Combine that with a shotgun approach and you will find a lad that is begging to be recognized by this community.

United KingdomSouth AfricaUnited StatesCanadaAustraliaChinaPanamaIndonesiaTurkeyGhanaThailandKenyaNigeriaBrazilUkraineUnited Arab EmiratesGermanyAlgerian FlagcameroonBeninMalaysiaSwitzerlandBelgiumAfghanistanNetherlandsCambodia FlagTogoSpainColumbia

Safari Prosper: Lagos>Bamako>Timbuktu with the Onion smugglers, TLH, and Jojobean

Isn't being a nerd all about being passionate about something that's inconsequential?
deal breaker
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This shouldn't be this hard! I finally had two responses and was off and running.

Now I have been "kicked out" of the email provider (hushmail) that I was using...for violating their terms of service. So I have lost both of those due to everything being on their server.

I went to gmail to resurrect an identity but they want details like my cell phone number. I prefer not to associate that with these identities. What email providers are you guys using?

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Gmail is a good choice. Another one that does not give out your location is Inbox.com.

...you cannot kill me of Innocency....! - Reverend Mark Obum

Well, is now getting to a point which you're searching for the other side of me, and if you don,t reason well, you will surely see it from me. - Steve Jobs, Commander in Chief
woody999
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Keep trying gmail. I have several accounts and have never given my number. Most of the time you can ignore the telephone questions and continue with the sign up using an alternate email address for recovery. Microsoft now also hides IP addresses.

"YOU NEED SOME DOCTOR" Barrister Peter Paul

I dont know who is lieing ,either you or F3lcha1r

is annoying to watch my email for a whole day and not read from you-
>178 Closed lad accounts x 200 Goat Easter Egg Purple Flower x2
United StatesNigeriaSpainUnited KingdomChinaGhanaUnited NationsThailandFilipino flagCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyMalaysiaSouth AfricaCanadaBeninRussiaFranceCayman IslandsLuxembourg
Ivory CoastBurkina FasoPortugalUnited Arab EmiratesTogoMexican FlagNetherlandsAustraliaIndonesiaSwitzerlandItalySenegalTurkeyJapanGibraltar
Peru : sri lanka : USVI : Oman x 5816
Cellphone x 45 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x2
Big X
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hushmail used to be baiter friendly, but now it is best to avoid it. I lost a couple of accounts there too. But I switched to Gmail, and I've never had a problem since.

Flag PakistanUnited Arab EmiratesTurkeyChinaKorean FlagJapanThailandVietnam FlagCambodia FlagFilipino flagMalaysiaIndonesiaAustraliaNew ZealandSouth AfricaKenyaNigeriaGhanacameroonBeninTogoIvory Coast x15,508
Safari Rev Ozzy: Warri-Lome-Cotonou
Safari Woody: Accra-Singapore
Safari Archie x2: Lagos-Natitingou, Abuja-Niamey
Sand Timer John W, Rev Ozzy, Lil Richard, Zenith, Ever Bank, Robert M, Archie x2
Capone
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Re phone numbers. Lots of options so you never have to pick up. Ignore the question. If your lad gets persistent, explain your employer pays for your phone and you can't make/receive personal calls. I've never had this questioned. Or get a K7 number and set up a phone mail greeting for your character. Or your phone doesn't have international service.

500 in 6-walked
Whip Mc FryJack Boot Flying Monkey
Mortar x4
Golden Pith Atlanta-Las Vegas -Seattle-San Diego-Seattle 2.0Atlanta-Jackson Hole, WY, Atlanta-Aspen, CO-with Juan
Safari Ghana-Bouake with Choppa and Dr. Mike
Courtesy of SH Ivory Coast!
Safari Accra-Lome with Choppa
Safari Ghana-Burkina Faso with Choppah
Safari Sand Timer -Accra-Singapore Team Woody
"no! no no money!!! all this was not true! .. "- vlad rant
" i have complained to those who think life is a comedy to those who feel life is a tragedy. " Mr. Pekkar's Problem
Go Gold!
Big Al
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Also, I leave a draft in my G-mail boxes. Something along the line of: "To whom it may concern. This is a 419baiter account. I use it to E-mail scammers for the purpose of collecting their information. Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns regarding the use of this E-mail profile. Thank you."

Try opening an account on different days. Sometimes G-mail asks for a phone number and sometimes not. One easy way is to Buy a Skype Baiter number and use it for the E-mail phone number.

ETA: Many of the tactics discussed here:
https://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=259589&highlight=doom+dakar
..will work on many different kinds of Lads. Maybe you can get some pointers there.

Also, do you have a Mentor? If not I suggest you apply for one.
deal breaker
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep, Mugu Eater is my mentor. I've been kind of bogged down with work and haven't had the time to pursue this....hope to change that soon.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic