SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Comeback after 10 yrs of retirement - Lads now much wiser???

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
dingleberry
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi gals and guys,
I just came back out of baiter retirement and revived an old baiting character.
This character's background story is that he's the pastor of a church and the ultimate goal is rather modest by today's standards: Getting a photo with a sign with funny wording on it, very limited (local) safaris to hotels or airports, and of course the usual fake WU slips, fake WU MTCN's and so forth...
Now, having contacted about 15 lads during the last week (from the surplus forum with email addresses not older than 20 days), mostly in West Africa, I am amazed that only 3 of them have responded so far and only 1 has spent more effort than only 1 or 2 mails... So most didn't respond at all (I do mention in my first baiting mail that I'm a pastor - and the church has a rather silly sounding name...)
Are the lads much, much wiser than they were 10 yrs ago? Have they finally figured out how to use online tracking of MTCN's? (The one lad I even had a chance to send a fake WU slip to, literally responded after 10 minutes that it was fake) Does a "pastor" (or any other person/character "out of the ordinary") contacting them raise red flags instantly nowadays?
I always assumed that the high level of lad stupidity (mostly born out of their greed and desperation to find a victim) would remain the same. Was I wrong? I mean, I see some hilarious scambaits still happening in 2015, just as funny as in 2005, but is it now much harder to find dumb enough lads?
Cheers
Dingleberry

"i don't like American people so f*ck off" Ms. Fatima
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome back. I think you're right about one thing, scammers are more aware of time wasters and not so many are willing to play along with things that are obviously dodgy from the start. Holding a sign is harder to get these days - though can be done, again many lads (correctly) see this as a sign of a time waster.

Your low response rate suggests your opener might need to be adapted, though there are still some scammers who ignore the contents and follow the script to start.

WU and moneygram, yes many scammers are well aware they can be checked online. My suggestion: go for bank accounts. One huge change from old times is that we are able to report accounts to the authorities, hitting scammers where it counts. You can pm any mod with the details, and baiting for accounts can also get you more acquainted with changes in scammer approaches.

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
dingleberry
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks firehouse, for your insights...
So the game seems to have changed much ever since... Okay.. Well, so if they adapted, I will have to adapt as well.

The most responsive scammer I mentioned did indeed send me some bank account information, after I sent him some WU "security forms", after I claimed that WU told me all transfers to Nigeria are under DHS surveillance.

Let me look up the account info... Should be in your PM inbox soon. It's a Nigerian bank account though...

dingleberry
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

firehouse5 wrote:
One huge change from old times is that we are able to report accounts to the authorities, hitting scammers where it counts. You can pm any mod with the details, and baiting for accounts can also get you more acquainted with changes in scammer approaches.

I PM'ed you the account info.... I just googled the name from the account holder and found something that indicates that this account has been used in scams at least since early 2014.

So, is it likely that this account may have been reported before, but Nigerian banks do not react to such reports??

vonpaso xlura
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Is that you, "grown where the sun don't shine"?

I don't know about baiting characters who are pastors, but lads who claim to have millions of dollars for me still also claim to be reverend.

We also have info channels in place to report stolen credit cards, which often come from baiting product lads. Ask some of us with some black pigs for help preparing your price list, and join in.

×186
Safari Accra - SH Cotonou
you are a fake people so do not ever write to me again.
Am mad at you right now ... Am tired of your questions ... Am sick and tire you and your bank
Nigerian pig . go swallow a grenade idiot. Boko Haram will solve your problem idiot .
you are big fool by send a fake payment information and never you contact me again asshole .
your passgae bearing your ATM CATD ... Ant Terrorist Certificate ... legal verterbrate ... expartiate your meaning ... gets to your dwaignted address ... successful ofghw transfer
bware419ers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
So, is it likely that this account may have been reported before, but Nigerian banks do not react to such reports??

I can tell you they do respond. However, you will find banks all over the world that don't "close" accounts at one single report. Often, a pattern must be seen and each bank has their own regulations they follow.

Also, please note that lads will often send fake accounts in their initial scripts. Consider this a "test" of compliance.

Golden Pig Vcamera Closed lad accounts X 7035
The Church of the Old Gods Sand Timer Safari X 17 Tattoo
Goat Mortar Flying Monkey Mc Fry Jack Boot Easter 2015 Santa Whip

Black Ribbon "FFS." - Capone
Black Ribbon - Toomuchfun
Black Ribbon - Irishemigrant
"I started to read it but got bored after the first couple of sentences." - SOOI
"Remind me not to get on your bad side." - jose_cuervo
Capone
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Prior reports aren't necessarily tests of veracity. Pass the info along in any event, the bank may be looking for additional evidence. And, since you know the drill, 3to 5business days later, you can claim that your bank has told you the account is not valid or frozen.

Welcome back-it's so good to see returning faces/avatars. You can try SW for other lads or reset up your catchers.

500 in 6-walked
Whip Mc FryJack Boot Flying Monkey
Mortar x4
Golden Pith Atlanta-Las Vegas -Seattle-San Diego-Seattle 2.0Atlanta-Jackson Hole, WY, Atlanta-Aspen, CO-with Juan
Safari Ghana-Bouake with Choppa and Dr. Mike
Courtesy of SH Ivory Coast!
Safari Accra-Lome with Choppa
Safari Ghana-Burkina Faso with Choppah
Safari Sand Timer -Accra-Singapore Team Woody
"no! no no money!!! all this was not true! .. "- vlad rant
" i have complained to those who think life is a comedy to those who feel life is a tragedy. " Mr. Pekkar's Problem
Go Gold!
dingleberry
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the warm welcome @everyone..

Also, thanks to @all for the valuable advice given! It's great to be back!

Padme

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome back! I think a big change from back when you (and I) originally signed up here is that many lads scam mainly or exclusively via smart phone. This means they love to talk and also love phone-based chat programs like kik, whatsapp and viber, vs instant messaging like Yahoo and email exchanges.

Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Acra>Sngpre Acra>Dkr>Rsso>Bmko>Kpndo>Ctnu -Team Woody
Safari Sand Timer Akure>Kano -Amos
Safari x8 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Owerri>Maiduguri>Owerri>Lagos>Lomé>Bmko>Kolokani Bmko>Nioro>Bmko>Timbuktu>Bmko>Youri Bmko>Mauritania>Kidira>Dakar>Jail -Team Godwin
Safari 's - assorted West Africa safaris, Cyril w/ Spindrift, France-Dublin w/ DSW
Easter 2015 Mortar Closed lad accounts Jack Boot Whip Whip Vcamera Mc Fry Goat Santa Flying Monkey
Robert Heinrich der 1.
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^

they can also reply at any moment. 5 years ago (and 10 years ago aswell) they basically just had their internet cafes with slow connections with quite high charges. nowadays, with their smartphones, they can reply to mails at any time they like.

if cleverly played (gomers, dollarchops, sms with trojan horse install texts "installing trojan horse accomplished"), they can be forced to reset their phones, deleting everything on it (not violating the eater-rules, as no real malware was sent, just texts about installing them, it scares the crap out of them).

regarding phones, they love to talk, yet they don't really like to call (let the victim pay for the call).

and there is a new breed of lads, benin boys. they stick to their script, and they drop people (victims, baiters) very quickly if they ask questions.

Easter Egg 2012 Safari Lagos - Accra - Kasoa (and back) 2x490km Safari Lagos - Nairobi (and back) 2x ~5000km, Nairobi - Mbiri 2x130km on easter sunday, Closed lad accounts x12 , 6x Penisprint, Dai Teatime / Anderson Frank: but have been there since about 1hr plus no sign of them and was interrogated by the police and almost arrested

Team Eze, 2 Safari lagos - cotonou and lagos - cotonou (he hated it).
The threatening is increasing day by day with different cursed of animals, and i don't know what to do now. ---- am angry for your head
Haruna
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Dingleberry, I'm in a similar situation.

For an old school mugu I'd recommend , (you may find his formats with google). He's an Ivory Coast-based lad (Originating IP: 41.202.76.38, Telecom, Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire) and indeed a Naija national. The word "modality" will be there. Very Happy

"Mayee" is just a variation of "mugu", "maga" and "mahee". So this idiot is mocking potential victims from the opening message on. Evil or Very Mad

"Younger brother to Hassan, you can fxck off with your deceit and cheat heart." Hassan Jamal.

My sound tracks

dingleberry
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Robert Heinrich der 1. wrote:
^^^^
they can also reply at any moment. 5 years ago (and 10 years ago aswell) they basically just had their internet cafes with slow connections with quite high charges. nowadays, with their smartphones, they can reply to mails at any time they like.

Yep, a few more responded yesterday and today. I am at a 50% response rate now.

I already figured they'd all be much more flexible in their communication with the technology available nowadays, since lots of less sophisticated android phones can now be bought for as little as $50 or less, yet they still offer everything from old style email to whatsapp, viber and so forth...

dingleberry
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Haruna wrote:
@Dingleberry, I'm in a similar situation.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll have a look at this...

dingleberry
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Padme wrote:
.... they love to talk and also love phone-based chat programs like kik, whatsapp and viber, vs instant messaging like Yahoo and email exchanges.

Ooops, Sorry Padme. I overlooked your post, and just repeated what you already said. Yep, that's one of the bad parts of the "mobile digital revolution". It has reached almost everyone on the planet, even the ones it better shouldn't have...

kishnabe
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

https://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=79281

Mr/Mrs. Dingleberry, Would you please reupload this one if possible? Thank you.

Sounds Amazing/Popular.
dingleberry
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@kishnabe
I will try to find a copy of it. The original HD it was stored on crashed a couple of years ago. It was an HD with not so important stuff on it, so I didn't have a backup of the whole drive, but there's a slim chance that I at least made a backup copy of the scambaiting stuff...

dingleberry
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

kishnabe wrote:
Mr/Mrs. Dingleberry, Would you please reupload this one if possible?

Okay, I backed up EVERYTHING from back then and found it today!

Here you go: https://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2218161

Kitty La Gore
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome back, Dingleberry! And in case nobody mentioned it yet, a recent poster posted this lovely site:

http://dingleberryfarms.com/3.html

If you haven't visited yet, you simply MUST book a tour! (grin)

Why get a mentor? <--- Best way to advance your skills and meet awesome people!!

I'm really scared because I notice that I'm develop malaria because of the hot climax here ~ Abiola in Rosso
i was kidnap by Nigeria North desperate danger men in Borno state Nigeria all because of u ~Tim
You are been a foolish man with a naughty brain. ~Paul K
Haruna
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Other things that changed:

Dubai used to be a major mugu haven some years ago. But I haven't found any truly Dubai based lad since quite a long time. I hope this is because authorities took positive action, but I couldn't tell.

Already some years ago you could trace a Western Union payment on line. But back then you only needed the MTCN. Now you have to type sender's and receiver's name. A real life MTCN, already collected, could be informed to many lads and they would only find out that some other guy don chop the dollars. Such modalities are not available anymore. No problem though, since demanding a bank account is a better alternative.

ASEM's on the lad side are nothing new, but nowadays they are much more frequent than before. "Hey, your millions are ready, what are you waiting for?", that's what 50 % of the opening messages in my catcher say. Ten years ago, this was kind of an exception, and 50 % of the formats where related to Maryam Abacha, Myriam Abacha, Abacha Mariam, and Abacha whatever Smile.

"Younger brother to Hassan, you can fxck off with your deceit and cheat heart." Hassan Jamal.

My sound tracks

dingleberry
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Kitty La Gore wrote:
http://dingleberryfarms.com/3.html

LOL

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic