SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Eater Nerd Squad Discussing Guys in Tights

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Poll :: Which do you prefer?

Make Mine Marvel
40%
 40%  [ 8 ]
DC Is Me
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
For the Most, I Take Both
30%
 30%  [ 6 ]
For Those That Are Windy and Prefer Indie
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 20

bware419ers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am (or was) an admitted comic book junkie. While I haven't purchased one, with the exception of a graphic novel, or two, in the past several years, the various television shows and movies from Marvel and DC have been enjoyable and l look forward to the forthcoming attractions in both media. Is there anybody else out there enjoying "Arrow," "The Flash," "Marvel Agents of SHIELD," "Agent Carter" or the DC and Marvel movies?

Golden Pig Vcamera Closed lad accounts X 7035
The Church of the Old Gods Sand Timer Safari X 17 Tattoo
Goat Mortar Flying Monkey Mc Fry Jack Boot Easter 2015 Santa Whip

Black Ribbon "FFS." - Capone
Black Ribbon - Toomuchfun
Black Ribbon - Irishemigrant
"I started to read it but got bored after the first couple of sentences." - SOOI
"Remind me not to get on your bad side." - jose_cuervo

Last edited by bware419ers on Sat May 30, 2015 1:31 am; edited 4 times in total
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've always preferred Marvel (Spider-Man and older X-Men, Excalibur) to DC.

I did start paying more attention to Batman with the advent of the Dark Knight change.

With that said, I think that Marvel does a much better job with the movies and DC a superior job on television.

Arrow, The Flash and Gotham I enjoy tremendously; couldn't get into Agents of SHIELD though (Marvel and TV as above - but the Avengers movies are fun). Although I really like Gotham, I would prefer to be able to edit out 87% of the Bruce Wayne back story stuff and just see it focus on Gordon and Gotham's corruption.

Looking forward to Supergirl, but leery about the Atom/Flash spin-off thing.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
TheLoneHaranguer
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bware419ers wrote:
I am (or was) an admitted comic book junkie.

And I used to think you were a nice person. There's strike two...

I joke, I joke. Even though I think Marvel sucks as a company, I am incredibly impressed that they have been able to pull off their "Marvel continuity" on the big screen by linking the movies together yet making sure that each one can be enjoyed on its own.

With the exception of the Christopher Nolan Batman films, DC's movies have been pretty uninspired and/or encapsulate everything that made the Dark Age suck.

I'm more of an indy guy, though, so I'd love to see some lesser-known titles make their way to Hollywood: Danger Girl, DarkChylde, Madman, an animated Bone, or (please please please) Marshal Law.

Safari T.W.A.T Vcamera Pastor Omar (Edo->N'Djamena->Abeche): "I have been slept in tached huts in the Sahara deserts"
Safari x3 T.W.A.T Vcamera x3 Tattoo Rev. Prosper (Lagos->Timbuktu): "I have never been in to this type of thing in my life and you called it enjoyment"
Easter 2015 Vcamera Goat Jack Boot
Mortar

House Haranguer: Alone we stand, together we thrive

"trust is hard to build until the foot step of trust has been stepped" Jammy King, getting philosophical

"i HAVE WRITTEN 73 MESSAGES TO YOU WHAT DO YOU TAKE ME FOR?" Rev. Boutin Dickson, not getting it
mugu_eater
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No place for Franquin Herge Uderzo Peyo etc?

Sand Timer mr Frank Bode

NOW I KNOW YOU ARE THE MOST STUPID ANIMAL THAT EVER EXIST ON EARTH. FB

ANYWAY THERES NO REASON TO WASTE MY PRECIOUS TIME WITH HE GOAT LIKE YOU..I KNOW ANIMAL LIKE YOU WOULD NOT KNOW SIMPLE COURTESY OF APOLOGY FOR WASTING A TIME OF A RESPONSIBLE BUSINESSMAN LIKE ME.
J0hns0n Prince K0fi
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 5:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've got the 1st season of Marvel's Daredevil sitting on my HD that I haven't got round to watching, anyone seen it and is it any good?

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
bware419ers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 5:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Freaking phenomenal! It has nice action, the origin is spread out, and Wilson Fisk is beautifully portrayed. The same can be said of the portrayal of Matt Murdock. I recommend it to everyone, even those who aren't comic fans.

Cruisin' for a Bruisin' wrote:
And I used to think you were a nice person. There's strike two...

Here comes strike three...(and how am a not a nice person because I watch these shows? It's not my fault you outed yourself as a closet comic book fan).

The History Professor wrote:

...everything that made the Dark Age suck.
Dark Age? Were they writing comics then?

Our Bard wrote:
I'm more of an indy guy

I've been to Indy and was at the 500 yesterday. I didn't see you and what does racing have to do with this thread? Keep it on topic.

BTW, addition to the poll added just for you!
Wink

mugu_eater wrote:

Franquin Herge Uderzo Peyo

Is that a movie or tv show?

Sheldon wrote:
With that said, I think that Marvel does a much better job with the movies and DC a superior job on television.

Not sure if I have ever seen Sheldon in a Marvel t-shirt, and I would agree, with the exception of the new Netflix series B8er mentioned.

Arrow took a bit of an odd turn this year and I wasn't pleased they were already setting up a "re-boot" at the season's end. Flash has been enjoyable throughout, is original, and keeps you guessing. I cannot wait until the next season. Like Marvel in the movies, these two shows have done a decent job of crossing over, with only a few issues.

Gotham was good, but still needs a bit of work. I disagree on the Bruce Wayne stuff, as it truly adds to Alfred's background and seeing him take on the role of father. I want more of his back story.

I hear Supergirl's entire pilot has leaked online, but I have not seen it yet. (Please don't post it on the site here, if you have a link, but I would be acceptable to receiving it via PM).

Edited to correct my first paragraph before my English is corrected by what's his name...

"I started to read it but got bored after the first couple of sentences." - SOOI
mugu_eater
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 7:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Is that a movie or tv show?

I wanted to let you know in Europe we have comics as well. Wink
Yes they all got movies and tv episodes but long time ago.The books are better tough.Herge(Tintin)Peyo(the smurfs)Uderzo(Asterix)and last but not least Franquin (Gaston Lagaffe).
In Europe Herge is seen as the father of comics.
I know it's another style but check them out iff you really like comics.

Sand Timer mr Frank Bode

ANYWAY THERES NO REASON TO WASTE MY PRECIOUS TIME WITH HE GOAT LIKE YOU..I KNOW ANIMAL LIKE YOU WOULD NOT KNOW SIMPLE COURTESY OF APOLOGY FOR WASTING A TIME OF A RESPONSIBLE BUSINESSMAN LIKE ME.
J0hns0n Prince K0fi

Last edited by mugu_eater on Mon May 25, 2015 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 7:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I disagree on the Bruce Wayne stuff, as it truly adds to Alfred's background and seeing him take on the role of father. I want more of his back story.

Alfred is the 13% I would keep. Wink
Quote:

I hear Supergirl's entire pilot has leaked online, but I have not seen it yet.

Not listening, either - I did enjoy the trailer.

Another DC on TV I really thought well done was Smallville.

Quote:
before my English is corrected by what's his name...

Well, he is English.....they think that they have a monopoly on it.

Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
oscarpiles
#1 Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 8:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We never had Comic Books growing up and except for an old X-Men book that some strange girl left at my house I’ve never really read many of them. Mind you my Father was a big fan of Mad Magazine so I still have a fairly decent collection of those to this day.

Recently a friend of mine has been teaching a University course that is centered on Comics; most are kinda odd but Artists like Crumb, Pekar, Clowes etc. are rather entertaining.

I do not want to be associated with occult and blood sucking organization,i was told that you are not a man of God but an occult leader with 666 sign. - Elvis
Until thy kingdom hell of stupidity thy come!!! - Sarah
I AM GOING CRAZYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Bobby/Jenny/Jugs/moneyp**
ufffffffffffffffffffffffff - Outlander
F*ck you ass all – Jerry Asshat
i am a good lad i have told u that many times - Kevin the Idiot
You need home training lol - Brian LaLadyBits

Jack Boot Mortar Closed lad accounts Tattoo Sand Timer Vcamera Safari Easter 2015 Easter Egg 2013 Whip Whip
Father Moleman
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 8:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

oscarpiles wrote:
some strange girl

This part made me curious, why was she strange?
bware419ers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 8:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's a Canadian designation for a female stranger. Let's leave it at that.

Father Moleman
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 9:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ I've never met a Canadian before, a few Americans but never a Canadian.
bware419ers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 9:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

FM, meet OP. According to PF, he is the devil, or, at least, a little off...

Now, back to our regularly scheduled discussion of shows and movies based on comic characters.

Father Moleman
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 9:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Why don't we ask this guys opinion:
(I only ever read simpsons comics, comic based on show so its still within the topic subject Smile )
Joker
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 11:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

All you need to know about Canadians (NSFW): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFCd4ZOTVg4

Moving to the heart of the topic though I see a lot of people are not DC fans. Laughing

They do hit the nail on the head with more than their whole batman franchise. They do hit it on the head with The Watchmen too.

Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 12:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was more of a Mad magazine kid. I think it was published by a comic book company.

Edit: It was EC Comics, thanks Google.

Father Moleman wrote:
I've never met a Canadian before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFN_tBT-xZE

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 2:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I own a very old, illustrated, autographed (by the illustrator) copy of the Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám, as well as several of the DC Superman comic books from when Clark Kent was married, and then died. I view them all as a sentimental investment, but I'm not sure I'd ever part with them.

In addition to that, I have an extensive collection of Wacky Packs and WIRED magazines from the 90s, and I loved TinTin as a child.

My Canadian roots plus the above probably put me in the "some strange girl" category...?

ETA Mad & Cracked nursed me as a baby.

Why get a mentor? <--- Best way to advance your skills and meet awesome people!!

I'm really scared because I notice that I'm develop malaria because of the hot climax here ~ Abiola in Rosso
i was kidnap by Nigeria North desperate danger men in Borno state Nigeria all because of u ~Tim
You are been a foolish man with a naughty brain. ~Paul K
lakeside77
A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 2:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was a fan of DC until Marvel showed up. The artwork and multidimensional characters won me over.

Pastor Frank wrote:
I was more of a Mad magazine kid.

The Mad comics included inspired parodies of DC comics (Superduperman, Batboy and Ruben) drawn by geniuses like Harvey Kurtzmann. The magazine drove our parents and teachers crazy because it was where we found out that our parents and teachers were lying to us.

Closed lad accounts x26 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 2:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I enjoyed Mad, but was probably too young to get a lot of the social commentary....I always enjoyed folding the back page to see the 'hidden' message.

I'm liking the Daredevil on Netflix. Very Happy

Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
TheLoneHaranguer
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 3:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

True story...

Back when X-Men 2 came out, I was going to be taking a trip to San Diego (yes, to Comicon!) and my buddy and I decided we were going to hold off on seeing the movie until we were in San Diego. (Because, after all, there's nothing more fun than seeing a film in a theater full of people who are passionate about the source material.)

As always, we got to the theater a bit early so we could get our favorite seats (center of the row, a bit closer to the back of the theater than the front), get our Icees, and settle in. Anyway, shortly after we got situated, guess who walked into the theater and took the seat right in front of me? Chris Freakin' Claremont.

To everyone's credit (including mine) Chris was not mobbed or bothered during or after the movie. However, at several points during the movie (which was heavily based upon his "God Loves, Man Kills" graphic novel), I did hear him exclaim "Yes!" and even saw him do a fist pump once.

Only at Comicon could you have a chance to watch the best X-film ever with the guy who put the characters on the map!

Safari T.W.A.T Vcamera Pastor Omar (Edo->N'Djamena->Abeche): "I have been slept in tached huts in the Sahara deserts"
Safari x3 T.W.A.T Vcamera x3 Tattoo Rev. Prosper (Lagos->Timbuktu): "I have never been in to this type of thing in my life and you called it enjoyment"
Mortar

"trust is hard to build until the foot step of trust has been stepped" Jammy King, getting philosophical

"i HAVE WRITTEN 73 MESSAGES TO YOU WHAT DO YOU TAKE ME FOR?" Rev. Boutin Dickson, not getting it
mugu_eater
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I loved TinTin as a child.

Yes we do have cultivated people on here!
I tought i was the only one on this board.
Iff somebody is interested to see some old school improvisation and some geniuses at work.Here you go.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGEVNdjEcDE

Sand Timer mr Frank Bode

J0hns0n Prince K0fi
Capone
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Since we've been discussing Mad, anyone else remember "Spy vs Spy"?

500 in 6-walked
Whip Mc FryJack Boot Flying Monkey
Mortar x4
Golden Pith Atlanta-Las Vegas -Seattle-San Diego-Seattle 2.0Atlanta-Jackson Hole, WY, Atlanta-Aspen, CO-with Juan
Safari Ghana-Bouake with Choppa and Dr. Mike
Courtesy of SH Ivory Coast!
Safari Accra-Lome with Choppa
Safari Ghana-Burkina Faso with Choppah
Safari Sand Timer -Accra-Singapore Team Woody
"no! no no money!!! all this was not true! .. "- vlad rant
" i have complained to those who think life is a comedy to those who feel life is a tragedy. " Mr. Pekkar's Problem
Go Gold!
oscarpiles
#1 Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just finished looking through some old issues of Mad from the Late Sixties/Early Seventies and I still remember them well but realized that I really had no idea what the Heck they were on about with Movies that I wouldn’t see for another 15 years (if at all) or Political Humor that still escapes me.

Good thing Spy VS Spy kinda made sense:

And now back to your regularly scheduled Nerds discussing Guys in Tights Topic....

I do not want to be associated with occult and blood sucking organization,i was told that you are not a man of God but an occult leader with 666 sign. - Elvis
Until thy kingdom hell of stupidity thy come!!! - Sarah
I AM GOING CRAZYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Bobby/Jenny/Jugs/moneyp**
ufffffffffffffffffffffffff - Outlander
F*ck you ass all – Jerry Asshat
i am a good lad i have told u that many times - Kevin the Idiot
You need home training lol - Brian LaLadyBits

Jack Boot Mortar Closed lad accounts Tattoo Sand Timer Vcamera Safari Easter 2015 Easter Egg 2013 Whip Whip
Father Moleman
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So that explains this joke that was on Family Guy that I never understood
[img]http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/maditsmadfunny/images/7/70/Family_Guy_Spy_vs._Spy.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width/225?cb=20110617015458[/img]
TheLoneHaranguer
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 5:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

And, with no further ado, back to our regularly scheduled Nerds Discussing Guys in Tights topic. In no particular order, some of my favorite comics of all time:

The Legion of Super Heroes of the 70's
Chris Claremont's X-Men
Frank Miller's Daredevil
John Byrne's Fantastic Four
Walter Simonson's Thor
Erik Larsen's Savage Dragon
Jeff Smith's Bone
Terry Moore's Strangers in Paradise
Todd McFarlane drawing (but not writing) Spider-Man

Mortar

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic