SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Question about a lad on facebook

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
metamit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So I got a facebook invite in my catcher account, the email address that is ONLY in the mugu guestbook and maybe two other guestbooks, and no where else. I did a search on the name that was in the invite, Olushoga Awosanya, and it is on facebook with the same picture that's on the invite.

Do you think this is the real lad then? It looks like a real FB. Usually when I get these, the profile is gone from FB by the time I go to look.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009490804326

What do you think? What do you guys usually do with these, ignore them?

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>

Closed lad accounts x274 Mortar
Senegal Nigeria Ivory Coast United States Burkina Faso Benin Japan Ghana Cambodia Flag Togo United Kingdom Spain United Arab Emirates Germany Thailand Ukraine Turkey Italy South Africa Malaysia Canada

"We apologize for the derangement caused to you. Thank you for understanding." - "Maitre Robert", lawyer-lad

Easter 2015
Lehigh Guy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There is not much to go on. He has only pictures up and little content. His friends list looks as if it mostly makes sense, except for the Navy Seal (whose page is also a bit wierd). That he is inviting a total stranger to be a friend does not seem to make sense.

I suspect that if he is a scammer he is a romance lad; however, given nothing solid, all I have are suspicions. But bear in mind that is merey based on the fact that he invited a total stranger, that his apparent selfies are of an attractive, prosperous young man and that he is from Lagos. Of those three, only the first is not colored by baiter prejudice, as I'm inclined to distrust handsome, prosperous black men from Lagos--and that is not a real basis as no doubt there are indeed plenty of honest, prosperous, handome black men living in Lagos.

Were I a betting man, (I am not), I would lay out odds in favor of him or one of his FB friends asking you for money at some point. Do not "friend" him or contact him using your genuine FB acount. If you have a baiter FB account, use that. Be very wary of him and should he ever somehow start spelling out any scenario of personal distress you may be sure he is seting you up.

He has a suspiciously ultra-conservative US Navy Seal friend listed. It seems very much out of place given his other friends, and the SEAL guy also has few friends and he posts mostly re-canned spam about conservative hot topics, but he writes nothing about military life--which most professional military men are quick to write about. Still, the English there seems spot on American. If Olushoga Awosanya turns out to have excellent American English skills, then you might be dealing with a very sophisticated fellow.

Bottom line: Not sure. Be careful. I would not do any kind of baiting of him until he actually goes for money.

Edit: He added today that he started work at "Blissworld LLC." Blisworld LLC is a cosmetics company; however, there is a Bilss Wold Hotel in Akure, Nigeria. They could have offices in Lagos--and he is pictured in front of what could be a hotel cafe. If he merely selected the incorrect link when naming his employer, this could make sense. Really, the jury seems to be unable to reach a veridict on him. His stuff seems sketchy, but it is a new account. his page makes sense, but there is not much to go on.

"I swear with my living GOD I SERVE BY WHATEVER FIND HOLY ...THIS IS TRULY HOLY HAND JOB I WILL NOT DISAPPOINT YOU”
_______
Am surprise you are west-ting this much time and you know that your daughters life is astake ... I see it strange, something is fishing."
_______
"If You Are A Sinner That Means You Will Go To Hill. Repaint ..."
_______
"you son a beach , bastard , you will die by gun, ogun will kill you [a dozen death threats snipped] ANY PLANS YOU HAVE PLANNED EITHER TO RUB ME OR ANY OTHER THING , YOU WILL DIR BY OGUN BYE" -- One truly pissed off lad.
metamit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ Will take your advice. I was gonna make him my first FB bait just to mess with him, but think I'll just delete it and ignore. Thanks Leighi!

Senegal Nigeria Ivory Coast United States Burkina Faso Benin Japan Ghana Cambodia Flag Togo United Kingdom Spain United Arab Emirates Germany Thailand Ukraine Turkey Italy South Africa Malaysia Canada

"We apologize for the derangement caused to you. Thank you for understanding." - "Maitre Robert", lawyer-lad

Easter 2015
DoomAngel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Join our Facebook circle if you want to bait on FB... it makes it look real as we are all 'Friends' and comment on wach others comments...

So.. you are welcome if you want to join us.. which you may have already as I don't know all the Baiters names we have there, there are quite a few of us now.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks DA - I might do that. I haven't devlved into FB yet, but I might. Up until now I've left it to the better baiters LOL

Easter 2015
Mr. Kruse
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I get a lot of LinkedIn invites from Nigerians with alphabet names as well as some from India. I just delete them all. However, I could join your FB circle so you have "friends" in your list. I haven't baited FB lads before, but you never know. I have a lot of lad paid stockpiled and I doubt I run out any time soon. . . Twisted Evil

"STUPID MOFO...U NO GET MONEY BUY CC....FUCKIN BROKE N#%%&" - Lee Gatsby, CC Mogul

Closed lad accounts X 297
Spain x3 United Kingdom x51 Cambodia Flag x2 France x5 United States x17 South Africa x5 Ghana x18 x17 China x2 Malaysia x2 Ivory Coast x3 Germany x3 Benin x3 Switzerland Netherlands Canada Flag Pakistan Filipino flag Belgium Burkina Faso Denmark Australia Indonesia Turkey Thailand
Easter Egg 2013
Sand Timer Anita and Tex
$7,715 so far of bad checks captured.

* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
metamit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ I'll PM you and Doom when I set up my brand-new-to-me-someone-else's-name facebook page Wink

Easter 2015
Rowan
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've had several suspected lads try to friend my real FB account over the years. If I get friend requests from those I suspect are lads, I'll friend them, dig through their timelines and photos for any useful information (whether its pictures I can use in baits where I'm pretending to be a lad or just information on the mindset of a lad), then block them when I've gotten what I wanted.

The ones sending me friend requests more often than not have friend lists full of women from around the world and local people I assume are their real friends. Since these lads' profiles appear to be real and not scamming profiles, I believe they just like friending women they find attractive.

As for content, I agree with LG. They tend to have a lot of selfies showing off their riches. I pulled pictures of piles of money and WU receipts off of one lad's account. Also, I've come across some who brag about the gangs they are in. One had taken a selfie of himself and a couple of other gang members wearing matching gold chains with pendants. Most list their employment as "self-employed" with no further explanation or some company you can find no information on when you Google it. If they do bother to list a company, they'll usually list themselves as the CEO. Look at their education, too. If they have listed anything there, it'll be something totally out of left field, like an Ivy League school in the U.S., Oxford or some other university it's very unlikely someone from Nigeria would attend.

Sand Timer A.Z. 2013-2015
Easter 2015
"If You can't figure out the scanner find someone smart to do it ok?"
"KISS YOUR INHERITANCE GOOD BYT DUMP ASS"
"its [wo]men like you who truly ruin my days."
"Do you realize that you have pushed me to tears?"
"I pray you die of horrible disease in Jesus name for wasting my time. The is serious business."
DoomAngel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The way Facebook is working the lads go through our Friends lists and contact... so they are sowing the seeds of their own mass baits.

When I have had lads real FB accounts they still do try for money. Just chatty then they need money for this or that. I suspect they may get it from some of their women. I had one called Uche and had many women friends. Not asking for large sums and I suspect getting them.

Oh but they do love the selfies. Whether with their riches or not. One had around 10 with the same clothes on but a different pose..so done all at the same time and on FB. He asked me to do the same. Told him I was too old fo such rubbish ! Which I am but just can't see the point !

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic