SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

who wants to party?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Ser Davos
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just got this in my catcher account.

Quote:
I'm Redacted Name, a geologist and international oil distributor at Jofa Oil Distribution. My very good friend had Prostate cancer which was already in the stage IV and the doctor said he needed a miracle for him to be cured of the cancer. But for grace over him a miracle happened when he learnt about Rick Simpson cannabis Oil, he has been on the treatment for the past 3 months and the result is tremendous as the "Miracle" Cannabis Oil has cured the Cancer.

If you or any member of your family have any cancer problem, chronic diseases, diabetes or any related dangerous diseases, please contact

Regards,

Is this baitable? I first thought this was de-education, then I googled Rick Simpson cannabis oil. It is a HIGHLY (pun intended) potent extract that claims to cure cancer, diabetes, pain, inflammation, arthritis, depression, sleeping problems, and cheetos deficiency.

Also the name that I redacted belongs to a professor at Iowa state University. And the email was sent from a .edu address from Iowa state. Should I contact this person or Iowa state University? Or should I pass the info to the mods? I'm guessing it's pass the info to the people who know what they are doing.

United KingdomSouth AfricaUnited StatesCanadaAustraliaChinaPanamaIndonesiaTurkeyGhanaThailandKenyaNigeriaBrazilUkraineUnited Arab EmiratesGermanyAlgerian FlagcameroonBeninMalaysiaSwitzerlandBelgiumAfghanistanNetherlandsCambodia FlagTogoSpainColumbia

Safari Prosper: Lagos>Bamako>Timbuktu with the Onion smugglers, TLH, and Jojobean

Isn't being a nerd all about being passionate about something that's inconsequential?
TheLoneHaranguer
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm probably playing this one overly safe, but I'd skip the bait. On the (admittedly) very slim chance that something goes wrong, I'd rather not see you needing to explain to the authorities why you were sending emails re: the purchase of a controlled substance.

Is there any way you could analyze the email header and see if the email actually came from Iowa State, or if the lad spoofed it? If the email legitimately came from their domain, you should report it to the mods.

Safari T.W.A.T Vcamera Pastor Omar (Edo->N'Djamena->Abeche): "I have been slept in tached huts in the Sahara deserts"
Safari x3 T.W.A.T Vcamera x3 Tattoo Rev. Prosper (Lagos->Timbuktu): "I have never been in to this type of thing in my life and you called it enjoyment"
Easter 2015 Vcamera Goat Jack Boot
Mortar

House Haranguer: Alone we stand, together we thrive

"trust is hard to build until the foot step of trust has been stepped" Jammy King, getting philosophical

"i HAVE WRITTEN 73 MESSAGES TO YOU WHAT DO YOU TAKE ME FOR?" Rev. Boutin Dickson, not getting it
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Regarding baitability: it does not appear that this is a scam of the kind we bait here. It looks to me like a spam email advertising a dodgy product, rather than the various versions of advance fee fraud (making payments for something nonexistent).

For edu addresses it's always possible that the account has been compromised - this happens all the time. And if indeed this is the case it's usually quick to get that shut down via the university's abuse contact.

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
Robert Heinrich der 1.
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

it could be either a normal product scam, or there are processing fees which turns it into an advance fee fraud...

I think, it's in the same category as the scams, where they try to sell pills like oxycodon and so...

Easter Egg 2012 Safari Lagos - Accra - Kasoa (and back) 2x490km Safari Lagos - Nairobi (and back) 2x ~5000km, Nairobi - Mbiri 2x130km on easter sunday, Closed lad accounts x12 , 6x Penisprint, Dai Teatime / Anderson Frank: but have been there since about 1hr plus no sign of them and was interrogated by the police and almost arrested

Team Eze, 2 Safari lagos - cotonou and lagos - cotonou (he hated it).
The threatening is increasing day by day with different cursed of animals, and i don't know what to do now. ---- am angry for your head
Duckling
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

firehouse5 wrote:
It looks to me like a spam email advertising a dodgy product, rather than the various versions of advance fee fraud (making payments for something nonexistent).

Agreed. I would pass this as well.

Safari Sloth: "Your lies are so absurd that you made me stranded in another man’s land! Kindly don’t write back or reply my message again because if you do my God Almighty will purnish and destroy you in JESUS’ name! AMEN."

"You are very stupid! Do you hear me?! Stupid is your name!" -Lovely Laura
"I will take your name and use it for the Money Ritual!" -Lovely Laura again.
"I will send you a letter bomb. Don't worry, I will send Boko Haram to your country." -Boko Boy.
"Ogun kill you your family go die this year!" -David the Payment Agent
Thursten3rd
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It looks like a snake oil sales scam. All forms of marijuana are illegal in Iowa, so I highly doubt any University professor is going to be involved in selling it or any related product.

It could also be a 419 scammer trying to get upfront payments for a nonexistent product. But I agree with the pros. Report it to the University and move on.

...you cannot kill me of Innocency....! - Reverend Mark Obum

Well, is now getting to a point which you're searching for the other side of me, and if you don,t reason well, you will surely see it from me. - Steve Jobs, Commander in Chief
bware419ers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

"Rick Simpson cannabis Oil" is associated with http://www.cureyourowncancer.org/ (a site that has been around since 2012).

This does not appear to be AFF, but simple spam.

Golden Pig Vcamera Closed lad accounts X 7035
The Church of the Old Gods Sand Timer Safari X 17 Tattoo
Goat Mortar Flying Monkey Mc Fry Jack Boot Easter 2015 Santa Whip

Black Ribbon "FFS." - Capone
Black Ribbon - Toomuchfun
Black Ribbon - Irishemigrant
"I started to read it but got bored after the first couple of sentences." - SOOI
"Remind me not to get on your bad side." - jose_cuervo
Ser Davos
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got the impression that this was a scam and not spam because no website was mentioned.

And I will analyze the header when I have a chance. It's a real PITA to do that on my phone. Or is it? Maybe I just don't know an easier way.

United KingdomSouth AfricaUnited StatesCanadaAustraliaChinaPanamaIndonesiaTurkeyGhanaThailandKenyaNigeriaBrazilUkraineUnited Arab EmiratesGermanyAlgerian FlagcameroonBeninMalaysiaSwitzerlandBelgiumAfghanistanNetherlandsCambodia FlagTogoSpainColumbia

Safari Prosper: Lagos>Bamako>Timbuktu with the Onion smugglers, TLH, and Jojobean

Isn't being a nerd all about being passionate about something that's inconsequential?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic