SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I Want to Kill Old Man Winter!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
KissOfDeath
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

/\/\/\ That's the part that scares hell outta me, Jose -- knowing that if I have to stop in a hurry that it ain't gonna happen, with or without 4x4!

@ Dwatina -- Awwww please tell Doc that Kiss sorry Crying or Very sad

GoatJack Boot
Closed lad accounts x14 ~ Assorted
x33 ~ Assorted
x78 + Closed lad accounts x3 ~ DT
x789+959 w/Team BaconBoi ~ "This charge-back/reversals is now getting on my nerves." ~ "What exactly are you? Why are you fooling me?"

Gadgeteer Grad Thumbs up 05/29/15

2015 Easter 2015 Co-Winner w/Nick Roper

“What the hell is wrong with you?”~"Stop playing games with me okay" ~ PartyBoi w/Team Sley

“jose and KoD, Eater's <strike>most vomit-inducing</strike> cutest couple” ~ TheLoneHaranguer
dwatina
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Totally agree Jose!

Kiss: You are forgiven.

More pics from tonight:

United Kingdom x3 Mc Fry Easter Egg 2011 Elite Ninja Team Member Sand Timer
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
x3 Safari : Femmy Bait w/Team Femmy
KissOfDeath
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

/\/\/\ Nasty crap -- looks like our neck o' the woods.

@Doc: Thank you! (HUGzzz)

ETA:

@ Jose and Dwatina --

You should have been crows on the wire when Mr.Kiss decided to teach li'l ol' Southern Fried not-yet-Mrs.Kiss how to drive in snow and ice!!!

He took me to a huge, empty parking lot in his 4x4 Bronco, got out and locked the hubs, and taught me how to spin donuts -- he wanted me to do that for awhile -- just to relax me, I guess ...
Then he had me drive up some quiet, sparsely populated roads. He was actually recalling it and laughing really hard about it last night.
He says that he was so proud of me -- I only put the Bronco in the ditch once, and didn't even hit the power pole (just missed it by six inches) !!! Laughing

GoatJack Boot
x33 ~ Assorted
x789+959 w/Team BaconBoi ~ "This charge-back/reversals is now getting on my nerves." ~ "What exactly are you? Why are you fooling me?"

“What the hell is wrong with you?”~"Stop playing games with me okay" ~ PartyBoi w/Team Sley

“jose and KoD, Eater's <strike>most vomit-inducing</strike> cutest couple” ~ TheLoneHaranguer
Capone
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Great story, KOD. Up here in the mitten, we have a lot of snow from the initial storm (15 inches) plus the 4-5 inches since. I could live with that. But the high has been in the single digits and every night at least -10 F. I want to hibernate for a month.
@Jose, you know which 4wd are idiots when you see the percentage of trucks stuck on the highways. It's running 2 to one trucks to cars. Black ice and no traction trumps any vehicle.

500 in 6-walked
Whip Mc FryJack Boot Flying Monkey
Mortar x4
Golden Pith Atlanta-Las Vegas -Seattle-San Diego-Seattle 2.0Atlanta-Jackson Hole, WY, Atlanta-Aspen, CO-with Juan
Safari Ghana-Bouake with Choppa and Dr. Mike
Courtesy of SH Ivory Coast!
Safari Accra-Lome with Choppa
Safari Ghana-Burkina Faso with Choppah
Safari Sand Timer -Accra-Singapore Team Woody
"no! no no money!!! all this was not true! .. "- vlad rant
" i have complained to those who think life is a comedy to those who feel life is a tragedy. " Mr. Pekkar's Problem
Go Gold!
dwatina
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Great story KOD--I had to teach myself to drive in the snow.

@Capone: I agree about the number of trucks stuck on highways or in ditches. A good example is the idiots last night. I think the private plow truck drivers are the worst.

The regular plow truck came through early this morning and totally buried the end of the driveway--two feet of that hard crap/chunks. Took me a half hour to get it cleaned out this morning. Then I drove down the street to the local corner store to get my coffee and fill up my gas tank (I never go below a half tank). Was gone for maybe 10 minutes.

Well, that damn plow came back through again and re-buried the end of the driveway. So I park on the street, get that shoveled out again, so I can park. As I drive around the block, the plow comes back around and deposits more shit at the end of the driveway.

I said screw it, and just pulled in--with 4WD of course!

Joker
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's about to go from 20C to 0C here today. That ought to be a shock to the system.

dwatina
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Yeah--bbrrrrrr

jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've got an '02 Chevy 3/4 ton. It's nothing pretty, and a came with several dents, which were installed by the previous owner. I wash it once a year, whether it needs it or not (although the interior is always kept clean, and I am a zealot regarding maintenance).

Have never had it in the snow or ice, but have had it in some fairly hellacious mud holes. Have only gotten it stuck once, and have not installed any new dents. It took a D6 dozer to get it unattached from said hellacious mudhole, BTW.

My truck would be absolutely terrible in the snow. It has nothing to do with the 4x4, and everything to do with the tires. If I took it up North for the winter, I'd change out the mudders for a set of Blizzaks, and (probably) rarely need to put it in 4x4. Snow tires and mud tires look similar, but they're an entirely different animal.

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
dwatina
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^I hear 'ya about tires. My first Jeep (a 98 Wrangler) I bought used, and it had off-road tires on it. It sucked in the snow. I got them pretty quicky but only bought all-season.

My second Jeep (brand new '06) came with all season, but I invested in snow tires. That thing was great in the snow.

I've got a '13 Wrangler, and I am leasing it (another years or so left on the lease). I didn't invest in snow tires, but have been using the all season.

When I turn it back in August of 2016, whether I buy it or buy another one, I will invest in snow tires and will not lease again.

I think I was stupid to lease this one, but that's what I did.

As a note--I have never gotten stuck in any vehicle I've owned so far as snow (knock on wood). I have never taken vehicles off road or mudding, so I have no experience with that.

dwatina
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's goddamn snowing again! Another six inches overnight, and then freezing rain. I was going to go to the laundrymat tomorow morning, but I guess I'll have to wait unti next week. Thank God I have just enough clothes to last until then.

And the idiots are back out on my hill spinning their tires.

As a note--this is the snowiest and coldest February in Syracuse history. In fact, the entire winter may be the coldest ever recorded for us.

lakeside77
A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Karma for my glib comment to Doc yesterday: this morning I went out, fired up the snow blower to clear the 5" from my 330' of sidewalk, stepped on a patch of ice, went down and wrenched the hell out of my left knee. Finished the job but now I'm getting around with a cane.

Closed lad accounts x26 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
dwatina
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Ouch! I hope you are going to be okay.

That's a pretty big sidewalk!

Esox lucius
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Best wishes to you guys & gals over there & hope folks are looking after the local community who can't get out much in that extreme weather you are getting at the mo

"..May your unborn kids don't grow and may you be burnt to ashes asap ! " CCS
"..Sir we have given you more than 5 different accounts yet you still complaining " SCB
" YOU LOW LIFE SATANIC AGENT, FORWARD THESE MESSAGES TO YOUR MOTHER AND FATHER, THEY WILL DEFINITELY ENJOY READING THEM." RG
dwatina
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Thanks. At least in my neighborhood, folks are helping each other with snowblowing and shoveling and stuff. The city also has a "Meals on Wheels" program to bring meals to the elderly and sick (they do it year round).

I know I am so sick and tired of winter. This is one of the worst winters ever. It was pretty decent and not a big deal until the the beginning of February, but since then it's been non-stop cold and snow.

We averaged a high of 8°F since then, and windchills have been averaging around -10°F. We are going to warm up to 30 tomorrow, then -12 tomorrow night Sad

vonpaso xlura
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This morning, water was coming out the end of a pipe next to the main valve. I didn't have time to turn it off before I left for church, so I turned it off when I got back, using a rake as a lever. The plumber has since come and fixed it.

×186
Safari Accra - SH Cotonou
you are a fake people so do not ever write to me again.
Am mad at you right now ... Am tired of your questions ... Am sick and tire you and your bank
Nigerian pig . go swallow a grenade idiot. Boko Haram will solve your problem idiot .
you are big fool by send a fake payment information and never you contact me again asshole .
your passgae bearing your ATM CATD ... Ant Terrorist Certificate ... legal verterbrate ... expartiate your meaning ... gets to your dwaignted address ... successful ofghw transfer
KissOfDeath
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow, I've missed a lot today!!!
@ Capone – BLACK ICE Shocked Shocked Shocked First winter after moving here my brother insisted that I borrow his 4x4 Explorer. It got trumped, all right – hit that black ice on the interstate, skidded 50 yards, rolled over three times and then she went end over end. I even made it on the Evening News as the “Rollover of the Day” !!! (Four others went @$$ over teakettles on the same patch throughout the rest of the day.) I was OK, just a little shaken with a headache, but otherwise fine (let's hear it for seatbelts). Not so much so for the Explorer … totaled …
@ jose and dwatina – '04 Ford F150 -- one dent courtesy of some mystery shopper in the grocery store parking lot! We have never used snow tires but we keep all-seasons on her and we never let them become significantly worn before replacing them. It's very vertical (hilly) here on the CT shoreline – most of it's cut right out of the mountainsides. So between the good tires and the 4x4, we have no trouble navigating up snowy, icy roads. Same goes for mudholes, though we don't do so much of that anymore – much the shame.

@ dwatina – Syracuse sounds just like CT right now. Same awful story – coldest February on record, coldest month ever Crying or Very sad And yes – it's snowing ...

@ lakeside – ohhhhh, you poor thing!!! Wow, I sure hope you're all right. Elevate that thing at every opportunity, and ice it – 20 minutes on, 20 minutes off until it feels much better. If several rounds of ice don't bring you a little relief, try heat – 20 on, 20 off. The true medical answer to “Should you apply ice or heat?” is a secret from non-medical persons. (Shhhh – it's whichever makes it feel better, although chances are that in your case it will be ice.) Take whatever you've got for pain.

@ Esox lucius – Thank you! We live in a development of 4- and 6-unit condos. Everyone typically looks out for everyone else in their building. I'm the only one with a chest freezer, so I freeze 8-10 containers of ice every day and take them down to the guy who had his knee replaced last month. Of the five gents in our building, Mr.Kiss is the only able-bodied one. He shovels the entire area when he is home and awake, but he's gone most of the time. That leaves four of us six womenfolk to do all the shoveling of about 250 feet of walkway. There is also a 6-vehicle carport in front of the building. The cars inside the carport are mostly snow-free, but we all have two vehicles, leaving one out in the driveway. We also have to keep digging our vehicles out, then like at dwatina's building, the snowplows just come back around and shove all the snow up around them again. The plows keep burying the sidewalks, rendering them a completely lost cause.

@ VX – plumber? You're all fixed? You've got running water again? HOORAY !!! jump_4_joy

GoatJack Boot
x33 ~ Assorted

Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's a balmy 24F (and dropping) here right now. First time all week it's been above 20. By tomorrow night we're supposed to get back to -13.

Unlike the folks on the east coast, we have been in a "snow drought" this year, though, and that could really hurt the farmers in the spring.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

/\/\/\ Well, that stinxxx, Dorothy -- that which hurts the farmers hurts all of us!
(Never talk trash about the farmers with your mouth full.)

GoatJack Boot
x33 ~ Assorted

dwatina
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Dorothy: Talk about opposites. We are worried about spring flooding, and you've got the opposite.

lakeside77
A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@KissOfDeath: your recommendations are well taken. The daughter has me following the RICE routine - rest, ice, compression, elevation. I'll try the 20 on, 20 off with ice. If I'm not feeling better tomorrow I'll call my sister the nurse.

Edit: OMG! You meant 20 on 20 off with HEAT, right?

Closed lad accounts x26 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
KissOfDeath
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

/\/\/\ 20 on, 20 off with EITHER ice OR heat Very Happy

Sometimes alternating the two helps -- 20 on with ice, 20 off, 20 on with heat, 20 off ... lather, rinse, repeat!

But I honestly do think in your case that ice is most appropriate -- typically the best course for soft tissue injury because it reduces swelling, thereby easing pain.
(Former EMT/firefighter, if it makes you feel any better Cool )

GoatJack Boot
x33 ~ Assorted

Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We got another foot or more yesterday and the sun come out today melting some. Haven't been out since Friday and that's been nice. I'm ready to go out tomorrow though, we are all shoveled out! Very Happy

30 days til Spring! jump_4_joy

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
KissOfDeath
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We have meltage going on, too, Corona -- but it's just freezing back into sheets of ice Sad

GoatJack Boot
x33 ~ Assorted

Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Yep, not going out too early

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Joker
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

.... and there's the bottom of that 20C drop. Mother nature is a *****. Mad

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic