SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I had to laugh

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
IM_Dumm
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Last night I received a phone call at home from someone with a heavy (sounded African) accent. He told me he was from Microsoft and needed to speak with me about my computer. (I have read about phishing calls that tell you they need to help you with some Windows issue and try to get your passwords, etc.).

I was a little thrown off (was expecting either a recorded message since we get them frequently, or a wrong number). I could not help myself but I just burst out laughing into the phone. All I could muster between laughs was "Really?". The guy got mad and said "Yes, really!". I kept laughing and he ended up hanging up on ME. (I didn't even get to the point where I got to tell him I have an Apple.... Laughing )

Anyone else get one of these calls?

"you can as well fuck the hell out" Barr. Peter Ojiko
"Don;t even try to mail me again,just forget about me forever.Even GO AWAY" Abu Tafa
Easter Egg 2013
Code:
Closed lad accounts x 2
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have, they are pathetic. Unfortunately people do fall for them.

IM_Dumm
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

After I hung up my wife asked who called and I told her. She said, "You could really have had some fun with him." (I do not discuss baiting with her and did not want to explain how it would not be safe baiting since he called our house).

"Don;t even try to mail me again,just forget about me forever.Even GO AWAY" Abu Tafa
Easter Egg 2013
Code:
Closed lad accounts x 2
Fryer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Funny!!!

You could get some joy out of it by playing dumb and basically wasting a lot of their time (safely). Unfortunately, that would have to be traded off with the fact that once they realized there was someone at your number to talk to they'd never stop calling.

These types of calls are one of the main reasons we never answer the land line anymore. Anyone with anything of import will leave a message...

guy nawaaa for you oooh
bware419ers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What's this "land line" you speak of?

Golden Pig Vcamera Closed lad accounts X 7035
The Church of the Old Gods Sand Timer Safari X 17 Tattoo
Goat Mortar Flying Monkey Mc Fry Jack Boot Easter 2015 Santa Whip

Black Ribbon "FFS." - Capone
Black Ribbon - Toomuchfun
Black Ribbon - Irishemigrant
"I started to read it but got bored after the first couple of sentences." - SOOI
"Remind me not to get on your bad side." - jose_cuervo
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Have had it at work. We don't use computers at work.

For those curious types, Luddites R Us.

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have an abacus, it might need some new beads though, do the help desk people deal with that?

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
Fo'andles
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^Try going to China, or see the others, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abacus

Closed lad accounts x40

FUK OOOOOOOOF - Mrs Cooker James
you are a fo0l forever because you are not worthy to be a human being but an Animal.
.something that cannot take 10minutes is taking you 2months- barrister lawrence
dwatina
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bware419ers wrote:
What's this "land line" you speak of?

That's what I have. I don't have a cell phone.

So far as those phone calls from "Microsoft," I always play with the caller for as long as I can before finally telling them I'm on a Mac.

United Kingdom x3 Mc Fry Easter Egg 2011 Elite Ninja Team Member Sand Timer
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
x3 Safari : Femmy Bait w/Team Femmy
IM_Dumm
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you want to hear someone truly "messing" with a (real) telemarketer. (slightly NSFW)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIVfrBFc5og

Easter Egg 2013
Code:
Closed lad accounts x 2
Ahmastin Geebougah
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My modality is to immediately 'believe' every word they say, tell them I'll need to 'pop upstairs' to the computer room, spend as much time as I can 'climbing' endless stairs and walking endless corridors, eventually 'arriving' at the 'computer room', only to find the door is locked and I've left the keys downstairs. Back down we go, me chatting inanely all the time (that comes easily to me, anyway) begging them to 'stay with me'. Then starts the increasingly frantic search for keys and cursing either my housekeeper or secretary for 'always tidying things away'. Eventually the keys are located - usually somewhere where I'd already looked, the stairs are climbed, the corridors negotiated and the 'computer room' unlocked. Then I calmly ask which of my six assorted laptops or computers is the affected one. At this stage, they usually hang up... My record is 50 minutes.
IM_Dumm
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Wish I had thought of that.

Heard one the other day where a telemarketer called trying to get the person (a comedian) to sign up for a one year extension on something (magazine subscription I think). The comic told him he had just been diagnosed with terminal cancer and only had a few months to live. He ended up trying to sell the telemarketer some of his possessions (toasters, fans, etc.). The telemarketer kept trying to get off the call, but the guy kept going. Great to hear the tables turned.

Easter Egg 2013
Code:
Closed lad accounts x 2
Ahmastin Geebougah
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^ Laughing Laughing Laughing
doc holliday
Squirrels Hate Me

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Had the same thing happen a while back. Listened to his spiel and informed him that I am affiliated with an anti scam group, I know the routine, so be so kind as to go have sex with yourself. Surprisingly he just kept going and kept telling me I was mistaken, and I must listen. As he read his script I kept telling him what he would say next, but all he could do was tell me I just did not understand. After 15 minutes or so, he got exasperated and handed me to a "supervisor". Told him the same thing, and that I had told his man 15 minutes ago that knew it was a scam. He asked me if I had really told him that, and then hung up on me. Hope i cost someone his "job"

You have given me enough stress through the shit you sent to me
Jack the hitlad

What you sent to me is not real, don't you fucking understand simple english, that is not real slip from money gram, I have been using money gram before now, FUCK YOU. IDIOT. PLAY YOUR GAME WELL. MASTER OF ALL PLAYERS
Jack,the hitlad who keeps giving me fresh sig lines

Closed lad accounts x35 x2 Easter Egg 2012
oscarpiles
#1 Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I know people who have fallen for this Scam and it can be kinda costly. They gain full access to your Machinery and Credit cards and who knows what else.

I've had a few calls with them but sadly its always been when I've been a bit busy so I couldn't give them the proper Piles treatment. The last one culminated with the 'Supervisor' calling me a few choice names and telling me to get a job. It was a good half hour while my Machines booted though so I guess I can understand their frustration but honestly I didn't understand what they needed me to do. My Windows looked really clean to me....

I do not want to be associated with occult and blood sucking organization,i was told that you are not a man of God but an occult leader with 666 sign. - Elvis
Until thy kingdom hell of stupidity thy come!!! - Sarah
I AM GOING CRAZYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Bobby/Jenny/Jugs/moneyp**
ufffffffffffffffffffffffff - Outlander
F*ck you ass all – Jerry Asshat
i am a good lad i have told u that many times - Kevin the Idiot
You need home training lol - Brian LaLadyBits

Jack Boot Mortar Closed lad accounts Tattoo Sand Timer Vcamera Safari Easter 2015 Easter Egg 2013 Whip Whip
GTmama
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Laughing

The last call I had from the 'Microsoft Virus Detection Department' ended with me being scolded for my bad language. I did keep him on the line for over 30 mins while I supposedly waited for my computer to boot up and pretended to click on things.

This was just before I found Eater and started baiting. After playing along for most of that time, I couldn't help myself so I burned it and asked him if he thought I was an idiot or something along those lines. Then I scolded him for being a prick and scamming people. We traded insults while he acted appalled at my behavior because he was such a 'respectable' man working for Microsoft.

Now that I'm baiting I haven't received a single call. I'm ready though...

What a fuckkkkkkkkkk - Pig$
I just lost some gadamn fucking hope. - Pig$
Shit ball am getting angry gradually - Pig$
Been killed is better for me noow, I ve got nothing to lose - Pig$
Every has two eyes but by being there for each other we can have four eyes each. - Mary Mary
http://www.scambaitingtools.comToolbox
Keep The Party Rockin'!
Flying Monkey
WillEater
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=microsoft+scammers

Some Buddy At Home
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, at least they got the name right. They used to say they were calling from Windows. Laughing

Sadly, they focus these scams on the elderly. My MIL's retirement community friends and neighbors are constantly being scammed by these bastards. When they called her they said they were from Windows. I busted a gut when they said that, then they hung up on me.

Rosy scams cancer victim, Derrick-NV classic!
US Safari 8 Safaris & 21K miles!- Pain inflicted by Juan Freizwidatt & Capone
The One, The Only PIG$ -What can't GTmama do to the pig?
New Users FAQ Goat Flying Monkey
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic