SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

How does this "pick up this WU" scam work?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Brinkus_Crane
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just got an email telling me to come pick up USD$5,000.00 from a Western Union, MTCN included, no mention of fees or anything. Just says go to my nearest Western Union and get it. How does this one work?
oscarpiles
#1 Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Not a Clue actually. Respond with 'Was this Meant for me?" and ye shalt have your answer or your Money but if you don't get your Money it's not my Fault okay?

Mind you if you do get that Cash remember OP eh?

I do not want to be associated with occult and blood sucking organization,i was told that you are not a man of God but an occult leader with 666 sign. - Elvis
Until thy kingdom hell of stupidity thy come!!! - Sarah
I AM GOING CRAZYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Bobby/Jenny/Jugs/moneyp**
ufffffffffffffffffffffffff - Outlander
F*ck you ass all – Jerry Asshat
i am a good lad i have told u that many times - Kevin the Idiot
You need home training lol - Brian LaLadyBits

Jack Boot Mortar Closed lad accounts Tattoo Sand Timer Vcamera Safari Easter 2015 Easter Egg 2013 Whip Whip
Justcold
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You cannot go and pick up any money because you don't have what is needed to do it. (Plus it was never sent to begin with)

So you email back furiously to your benefactor that you need his help and **SURPRISE** Shocked.....you need to pay some fees.

Vcamera Sand Timer Easter 2015 Whip Jack Boot Goat Goat Flying Monkey Purple Flower
06/24/2015 Good journey Paranoid.
02/20/2017 You are missed Capone.
10/21/2018 Thank you for the laughs Toomuchfun.
03/21/2019 Keep drinking Grape Nehi, JC. I will, Irish. You win this time.
hunuamumu
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

did you check the control number to see if the funds were available? some of these lads are bloody stupid! Laughing

Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Even if it is an apparently valid MTCN you won't be able to cash it out. Not that you should anyway. Report it to a moderator, please, if it is valid.

Tururut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's as easy as the lad sending it to himself or to an accomplice, so even if the MTCN is valid, you'll never be able to pick it up. Baiters used to do this a long time ago, but then we saw lads recycled our MTCNs.

Parti Boi. Sand Timer x2 Safari x3 Xmas Parti 2012 Lagos-Natitingou, Lagos-Parakou-Kandi, Benin City- S4fari Hotel Kano A 419 picked me up, took my bag and ran away - have did a lot for Gomer but nothing good come out, every time different trip and they always mess up at last, why? Benin Republic mess up, Kano state in Nigeria mess up, Safari Camp also mess up - am really ashamed of my self in street
Sand Timer My wife divorce our marraige because I failed to provide proper maintenance of the family.
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As others have said, MTCN alone is not enough to pick up the money. You will also need ID that matches the receiver, or a test question and answer, or the sender's name. WU might confirm that the MTCN is valid, but they will not confirm the amount, which means it could be $5.

So you try to pick up the money, WU tells you that you need more info to get it released, and you email the lad asking how to pick it up.

Guess what? He can give you the info, but it is going to cost you...From there on it moves right into standard AFF.

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i've had a couple of those, and on the original email they say that i'll need to settle some fees before i can collect the money

no surprise that whilst the money is allegedly held up in london, the fees need to go to benin Laughing

Closed lad accounts x25
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic