SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Silly mistake.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
DTPM
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 5:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Forgot to play safely with a bait mail and accidently fired it off from my personal email account.

This lad wasnt stupid, he Googled me and replied asking if my details were correct. listed in his mail was my name, address and private phone number Shocked
One minute later, the phone rings and there he is, checking that I am who I said I was.

Ive dropped this lad but that was a noob mistake that I wont make again, lesson learnt Embarassed

Some Buddy At Home
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 6:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

WOW! That's very concerning. It's great that we have technology to do that, but at the same time I believe it's an invasion of privacy. He got all that information by your email address? Is it your real name in the email address? Have you put your personal info out there on the internet?

If I put my information out there somewhere on the internet, like my phone, address etc, then yeah, my bad that it shows up. But if I have never listed my private information than I think it should stay private.

Don't worry about the mistake. You are not the first and most definitely won't be the last. Razz

Rosy scams cancer victim, Derrick-NV classic!
US Safari 8 Safaris & 21K miles!- Pain inflicted by Juan Freizwidatt & Capone
The One, The Only PIG$ -What can't GTmama do to the pig?
New Users FAQ Goat Flying Monkey
Salting the Gold mine
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 6:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Go and sit on the naughty step for 20 minutes :banghead:

Thanks for the history,are you have now....what new version are we entry.perhaps the birth of Prince George junior and how Willie Kate Middleton made love and gave birth...o'h...o'h the queen is fight war in Afganistan...Lest i forget you made love to your ground mom last nite...Uncle tell me a knew story...are you happy now........Mr H0rn J3rry or was that Mr J3rry H0rn,I never really knew Smile
-------------------------------------------------
Look Mr Man,you must be a joker to think you can't' play smart with me I was just following you to see where you land.Stop contacting me you are just a fucking shucking dick........J@me5.

Closed lad accounts x 187 x 60

100 in 1 = 101
DTPM
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 6:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, it was very concerning!

I couldn't believe it when I saw my details as Im very private about my personal information.
My email addy isn't my name but they found me because I have a webshop and even though my shop is a different email address it looks like its linked to my personal mail and Im listed as the owner.

Im now trying to work out how I can remove it from websitelooker.net where its listed.

Any ideas anyone?

bware419ers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 6:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ahhhhh

I'm sure this is how you feel. I keep my personal accounts in Outlook and all my baiting/catcher accounts in Thunderbird. Never do I go online to look at the emails. It just helps me protect my privacy.

Golden Pig Vcamera Closed lad accounts X 7035
The Church of the Old Gods Sand Timer Safari X 17 Tattoo
Goat Mortar Flying Monkey Mc Fry Jack Boot Easter 2015 Santa Whip

Black Ribbon "FFS." - Capone
Black Ribbon - Toomuchfun
Black Ribbon - Irishemigrant
"I started to read it but got bored after the first couple of sentences." - SOOI
"Remind me not to get on your bad side." - jose_cuervo
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 7:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't sweat it. I did this once. Just drop him and he'll go away after a bit. Plenty of promising leads fall off at this stage.

OrangeCat
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 10:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Is your webshop hosted on a domain you registered? If so, the information came from your domain registration (unless you opt to pay for private registration, anyone with your domain can do a whois lookup and find you).

A few years ago, I did a search on my name and was surprised to find my address and phone number on the internet, but most of it comes from the public records. Deeds, Deeds of Trust and Mortgages list your name and address, and because it is of public record, anyone can get the information.

I wouldn't worry about this lad. Stop responding to him from your personal email and he'll move on and forget about you.

"May be the airport am gonna fly from here it can't be found there ,,,,It will landed at different airport there ..." -- K3lly Bl00m
"Whoever u are capable of doing this , am same like , ...." -- Kelly Bl00m
"ok i agree am metaly dead" - Pig$
"My rage rover sport deep the engine nock out i need money to put it in order. as a result this i fail sick." - Pr1nce

Easter 2015GoatWhip
Closed lad accounts x10
Closed lad accounts - special bacon from Pig$
dwatina
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 11:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That sucks. I know how you feel.

But my worst mistake was a few years ago when a bunch of us were baiting a lad. It was going very well, but our mistake was BCCing each other on stuff. I hit "reply all" a few times. Ruined the damn bait.

I"m surprised the lad called you.

United Kingdom x3 Mc Fry Easter Egg 2011 Elite Ninja Team Member Sand Timer
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
x3 Safari : Femmy Bait w/Team Femmy
lakeside77
A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 3:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That sucks, but you can always re-bait him from a proper baiting account.

I once posted the name of my character on this forum. One my lads google'd it and it brought him here, killing the bait. Crying or Very sad

Closed lad accounts x26 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
Surfowl
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 12:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Been there. Done that. Twice I have initiated a new email to a lad and my default (i.e. REAL) email is the one that pops up when I send emails. 99.9% of the time I change it to my baiter email but a couple times I forgot to.

I am EASILY found if my real email is ever sent/revealed and one lad actually replied to my baiter email and CC'd my real email and that was a shocker.

Fortunately, both times I was able to simply say that my boss recommended that I cancel the transaction because we could not provide the amount of wine he was looking for etc etc. Basically I simply apologized and went away but it freaked me out. Now I am VERY careful.

Just drop the bait and "drift away"

"Thanks moher fucker for wastin my tim... and mind u dis is what I do for leavng" Marvin Muela

"I CAN SEE YOU ARE NEVER A SERIOUS FOLLOWS. BUT ALL THE SAME THANK YOU FOR WASTING MY PRECIOUS TIME. YOU ARE JUST A PIES OF SHEET" Mr Netto

"I fear you play with my brain all this time and i may resort to sin and kill your skull" Quadri Mohammed
Nigeria
Netherlands
United Kingdom X 2
Closed lad accounts X159
X181
Sand Timer Edwin Mensah 3 years 2 months but finally a consistently engaged year!
Safari Maurice Yeo from Sierra Leone to Mali
Surfowl
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 12:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Been there. Done that. Twice I have initiated a new email to a lad and my default (i.e. REAL) email is the one that pops up when I send emails. 99.9% of the time I change it to my baiter email but a couple times I forgot to.

I am EASILY found if my real email is ever sent/revealed and one lad actually replied to my baiter email and CC'd my real email and that was a shocker.

Fortunately, both times I was able to simply say that my boss recommended that I cancel the transaction because we could not provide the amount of wine he was looking for etc etc. Basically I simply apologized and went away but it freaked me out. Now I am VERY careful.

Just drop the bait and "drift away"

"Thanks moher fucker for wastin my tim... and mind u dis is what I do for leavng" Marvin Muela

"I CAN SEE YOU ARE NEVER A SERIOUS FOLLOWS. BUT ALL THE SAME THANK YOU FOR WASTING MY PRECIOUS TIME. YOU ARE JUST A PIES OF SHEET" Mr Netto

"I fear you play with my brain all this time and i may resort to sin and kill your skull" Quadri Mohammed
Nigeria
Netherlands
United Kingdom X 2
Closed lad accounts X159
X181
Sand Timer Edwin Mensah 3 years 2 months but finally a consistently engaged year!
Safari Maurice Yeo from Sierra Leone to Mali
Padme

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 3:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's actually pretty easy to get people's information from just their email address. I've done it many times. I won't post how to do it here as we know the lads visit, but I think this is a good reminder for all, not just to bait safe, but also to never assume your lads are not savvy. Some may sound silly or do silly things, but others are highly skilled and intelligent and find that scamming pays better than other jobs, or they're just dicks. They come in all flavors -just like any other community/profession/group.

Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Acra>Sngpre Acra>Dkr>Rsso>Bmko>Kpndo>Ctnu -Team Woody
Safari Sand Timer Akure>Kano -Amos
Safari x8 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Owerri>Maiduguri>Owerri>Lagos>Lomé>Bmko>Kolokani Bmko>Nioro>Bmko>Timbuktu>Bmko>Youri Bmko>Mauritania>Kidira>Dakar>Jail -Team Godwin
Safari 's - assorted West Africa safaris, Cyril w/ Spindrift, France-Dublin w/ DSW
Easter 2015 Mortar Closed lad accounts Jack Boot Whip Whip Vcamera Mc Fry Goat Santa Flying Monkey
rumbero
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 3:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry to hear that, since I dont like the idea that all your personal info can be obtained from your e-mail,even my personal account has the wrong info.
I have told my friends to make note of the name I am using. this account is just for my friends.

I've been baiting a while and know what can be done with the modern technology.

So be safe and use a personal account with a fake name

Pith Helmet Lagos to Ghana Opus Dei Templar
Pith Helmet Nukuru to Mombasa 1,500 kms van donation
Pith Helmet Co bait with SlowFreddy Sao Tome island to Gabon Pith Helmet Lagos to Abuja Co, donation
YOUR WIFE WILL GIVE BIRTH TO A MONKEY, YOU ARE GOING TO SUFFER FROM EPILEPTIC,
LET YOUR MOTHER FUCK YOUR BEST FRIEND. LET YOUR FATHER FUCK A MAD STREET WOMAN, USELESS INTERNET FRAUDSTER. (barrister Dan )
I bet u , soon , u will be laying in a close casket ,
will make u understand that i'm a spiritual man (Makinwa the retarded mugu)
in juses name u will dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
( Makinwa)
Kitty La Gore
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I like what Orange Cat had to say regarding web hosting. I am/was the technical contact on a lot of domains over the past 15 years, and have paid to make that information private even though the billing address was my business address and not the home address. (The spam avalanche has been astonishing...)

You should be receiving annual emails inquiring as to whether your information is correct & current on your domain(s) - from there, they usually send information on making that information private. It's worth looking into not only for your baiting safety but also your general peace of mind.

But yeah... our lives are not so private, really.

[Is someone working on that hug emoticon?] Cool
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic