SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

possible Cameroon lad in Chinese sweatshop

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Basinga
** WARNED **

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 2:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Own up, Who sent a lad on safari to China?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-27237870
redo
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 2:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hahaha, I saw that! My first thought (and second) was "this is a setup." What are the odds that a dude from Cameroon had tiny pictures of himself to send out in bags? And that a human rights activist would find the letter? Also, the guy said he wrote letters in French and English. Did they label the bags as "Export to France" and "Export to Australia"?

The whole thing is suspicious, and I wouldn't be surprised to find out it's a scam Smile

Ghana

Safari Mr. Cheater, Lagos to SH Accra

"to help us fish this people out any where they are this massage should not be forwarded to them or any body, Be very carefully what ever you are doing with these crocks" - Mark Smith
"Please proceed immediately and stop playing on yourself. Am i understood!!!??" - Barr. David
"Now i know you need to visit Rehab. Simple English you can't understand and you keep playing games, I regret having you here, please stop sending me emails." - Barr. David again
"I am sorry to say you lack gurts" - Bernard Hill

***Pimp Your Ride***
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 6:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So just because he's from Cameroon, he's a lad? I see no proof in the article that he is.

I'd be very, very careful where you're stepping as it's bordering on racism.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Basinga
** WARNED **

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 7:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^

It states clearly in the article:

Quote:
According to DNAinfo, he was detained in the eastern Chinese city of Qingdao after being arrested for fraud in May 2011 - charges he denies.

Well, he would deny it (who wouldn't? but I suppose for us, it's still his word against the Chinese authorities', I'm not sure which I'd put my trust in in all honesty), but I still put "possible Cameroon lad" in the title.

Is that not careful enough?
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The word "possible" is not a get out of jail free card.

And it certainly doesn't say "possible" in the OP.

Would you still have made the thread if it was a white guy?

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Basinga
** WARNED **

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Slightlyoutofit wrote:

Yes. I have before. If you look through my post history, you'll find threads showing fraudstars getting done from all over the world. Nobody threw the race card at me when I posted the thread about the jailed American love ladettes, or the British mob that got sent down.

Why are you assuming I'm racist?

The guy's from Cameroon. He's been done for Fraud. Due to those facts, I'm calling him a 'Possible Cameroonian lad', because that's exactly what this story is about...

Or would you prefer I didn't point out a nationality at all? Am I being racist and sexist if I refer to myself as a British man?

Last edited by Basinga on Thu May 01, 2014 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Let me repeat:

There is no decent evidence that this guy is a scammer. Your OP does not say that he is a "Possible" scammer. If it had, I would probably have left it. But it didn't did it? It out and out calls him a lad.

Understand?

basinga wrote:
Why are you assuming I'm racist?
The guy's from Cameroon.

I did not call you racist. I said that the thread is bordering on racism, but there's a certain irony in that quote up there and it illuminates why I think this thread is out of line.

Basinga
** WARNED **

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Slightlyoutofit wrote:
Your OP does not say that he is a "Possible" scammer.

It's in the title! Are you telling me people click links into this thread without reading the title at all?
The post itself, and I can't believe I'm having to explain this, is a quip asking if any members here have created a successful safari, which could be linked to this news story!
I did NOT say "who sent this lad" did I?

Slightlyoutofit wrote:

I did not call you racist.

You don't have to when you're insinuating it so clearly, ie when you asked:
Slightlyoutofit wrote:

Everybody can see that. If that's not waving the RACIST! card, then what the hell is?
Basinga
** WARNED **

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Right. So, not only do you insinuate on a public forum that I'm racist, but you then send me a PM instructing me to:
Quote:
go and educate yourself.

You, sir, are bang out of order.

I do not care if you are a forum admin. I demand you apologise. Publically, not via PM.
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

LMAO!! "Demand"? You can whistle for an apology.

And why post only part of my PM? why not post it in it's proper context?

Slightlyoutofit wrote:
I haven't called you racist. I said the post smacks of racism.
If you can't see that you need to go and educate yourself.

Once again, I did not call you a racist. In fact the quoted PM above expressly states otherwise as does one of my posts above. That's twice. When someone expressly states that they are not calling you a racist, it's a bit stupid to then state that they are insinuating that you are. I haven't even insinuated that you're an idiot. Yet. I'm going to go with just clumsy and say that you put your foot in your mouth without realising it.

I stated that the thread ("the thread" got that?) could be construed as borderline racist.
The foundation of it is based on nationality. It is in the title. Nationality is also the first thing you stated in rebuttal. Your words. Not mine.

Incidentally, the guy in question is a teacher. He is now teaching in Dubai. From what I know of that country, the Dubai authorities would not allow a convicted fraudster to hold a teaching position. In fact, they wouldn't even let him into the country in the first place.

And finally and very importantly: the news report referred to states "fraud". It does not state 419 fraud or cyber-crime. There are many, many different types of fraud, yet the natural assumption here is that he is a lad ("possible" or not). It is hard (no, impossible) to see that as anything other than stereotyping. That alone is bad enough. It trumps everything. Do you understand?

If you still cannot see the problem then the advice to go and educate yourself still stands.

Locking this as it's pointless trying to flog a dead horse.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic