SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

any diabetics here on eater?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Padfoot
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 2:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been diabetic for a few years now and thought I'd ask if there are any others here who'd like to share stories, offer support, or just generally grumble about how Spelnda can't truly replace the taste of good, old fashioned cane sugar.

Closed lad accounts (Orphanage Lad x1)
Closed lad accounts (Recovery Lad x2)
Easter Egg 2013
---
"I am very plain and very honest." - Kelly

"Honestly I Love you and I do think of you as you think of me. Far from it that I am only interested in your money, No it is a lie." - Kelly

"I believe srtongly in the adage that says ''A word is enough for the wise''. Hence,if you believe in what I told you in my previous email to you then you should follow my insturctions and do what I told you, if not; then follow your heart." - Dr W. Kabore
---
Surplus emails are my life, basically.
Fo'andles
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 7:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm type 2 since June last year, on tablets twice a day, having to lose weight, been given an idiots list of foods to avoid, must be working, averaging loss about 1lb a week, at times, down from 20 stone 10lbs to 19 stone, or there about, still a long road ahead.

Closed lad accounts x40

FUK OOOOOOOOF - Mrs Cooker James
you are a fo0l forever because you are not worthy to be a human being but an Animal.
.something that cannot take 10minutes is taking you 2months- barrister lawrence
Padfoot
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 12:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In the past I have tried to control it but it can be difficult with these 12-18 hour days I have to put up with. At the moment I'm supposed to be in insulin and metformin, plus I was told I should start taking cholesterol medication as well. The doctor said it is beneficial for diabetics to take it to reduce high cholesterol related risks.

Closed lad accounts (Orphanage Lad x1)
Closed lad accounts (Recovery Lad x2)
Easter Egg 2013
---
"I am very plain and very honest." - Kelly

"Honestly I Love you and I do think of you as you think of me. Far from it that I am only interested in your money, No it is a lie." - Kelly

"I believe srtongly in the adage that says ''A word is enough for the wise''. Hence,if you believe in what I told you in my previous email to you then you should follow my insturctions and do what I told you, if not; then follow your heart." - Dr W. Kabore
---
Surplus emails are my life, basically.
Fo'andles
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm also taking metformin as well as the cholesterol (statin) also one for high blood pressure.

This from the British Heart Foundation booklet "Diabetes and your heart"

Different people develop different combinations of symptoms.

The range of symptoms for diabetes are:

being more thirsty than usual
passing more urine than usual, particularly at night
extreme tiredness
unexplained weight loss
blurred vision
itching in the genital area (or regular episodes of thrush)
slow healing of wounds.

Possible complications

Over many years, diabetes can sometimes cause damage to different parts of the body.

This damage can be:

to the heart and blood vessels, increasing the risk of coronary heart disease, strokes and peripheral arterial disease (disease of the arteries that carry blood to the different parts of the body such as the legs)
to the eyes, causing damage to the blood vessels, which can lead to reduced vision
to the kidneys, damaging the tiny blood vessels and causing the kidneys to work less well
to the feet, causing problems with circulation and leading to ulcers
to the nerves, leading to loss of sensation (especially in the feet and legs), and pins and needles.

The good news is that you can help or prevent or delay these problems by making some changes to your lifestyle and managing your diabetes well.
Good management includes keeping control of your blood glucose, blood cholesterol and blood pressure levels, keeping to a healthy weight, living a healthy lifestyle, and going for a review each year.

For more information visit these websites.

Diabetes UK website www.diabetes,org.uk
British Heart Foundation website www.bhf.org.uk

Padfoot81, pm on way.

Closed lad accounts x40

FUK OOOOOOOOF - Mrs Cooker James
you are a fo0l forever because you are not worthy to be a human being but an Animal.
.something that cannot take 10minutes is taking you 2months- barrister lawrence
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic