SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Please help.. please.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
chrissym75
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, I have a friend who started talking to a guy through the dating site eharmony. She has had a really rough time lately with some bad things that have happened in her life.

A guy contacted her through eharmony and they started emailing back and forth, and they have been talking for a few good weeks now and suddenly he has brought up the issue of money with her. She says its just a few hundred but she wants to make sure this guy is legit. She has given me his email address and the details that he gave her to send the money through.. I get the feeling that this is a scam but I really wish that its not.. for her sake. She has been hurt a lot in the past 6 months and I dont want to tell her that yet again another person has lied to her and is letting her down.

Can anyone here please help? I have his email, and other things.. should I just post them here or do I have to private message them to someone? Pretty please, anyone.. please?

Thanks
Christine
GTmama
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Christine and welcome. I'm sorry that your friend is having problems. Without knowing more it's hard to say if your friend is being scammed. Although generally we do believe that when an online lover asks for money, no matter how long it takes, it's most often a scam. Have you tried googling his email address or name? Sometimes that can identify a scammer. You might find all of the info that you need at our sister site, www.scamwarners.com. That's a site intended specifically for victims as here we bait the scammers. Good luck with your friend. I hope for her sake she doesn't send any money!

ETA: You can PM me what you have if you would like and I can take a look for you.

What a fuckkkkkkkkkk - Pig$
I just lost some gadamn fucking hope. - Pig$
Shit ball am getting angry gradually - Pig$
Been killed is better for me noow, I ve got nothing to lose - Pig$
Every has two eyes but by being there for each other we can have four eyes each. - Mary Mary
http://www.scambaitingtools.comToolbox
Keep The Party Rockin'!
Flying Monkey
weaselhunter
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Christine: Welcome to Eater! As GTmama said above, when an online lover asks for money, chances are good it's a scam.

Now, this is my opinion only, but if someone were to ask me for money through an online dating site (no matter how long I'd been communicating) I'd drop them almost instantly. Red flags and bells should be going off. What kind of person who is trying to establish a real relationship asks for money? (Low life and leech are a few words that come to mind. Again, only my opinion) Unless of course this person is only out to scam. While some scammers are obvious (to some), others are more sophisticated and convincing.

The more information you can provide, the better someone here can help determine if indeed this is a scammer. If you can forward an email to someone here (privately if you like) then a lot of information can be extracted from that. For example, if this person claims to be from New York, but his/her email comes from Malaysia, then that's a pretty good indicator somethings up.

I think I can speak for everyone here at Eater that we would be willing and happy to help you and your friend. Best of luck!
rozzelle
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Christine, I may be able to assist your friend , I can confirm if he lives in the place he says he does. Definitely do not let her Western union or any instant money type transfer to him!! Scam alert !! E mail me at here and I can speak to you about this.
coffinsurfer
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Christine and welcome. You've gotten some good ideas from the others, especially about googling his email address. You can also use google and a site called tineye.com to check out any photos that he's sent her to see if they're being used by scammers.

Like Gtmama mentioned, definitely check out scamwarners.com. It's a great site with a lot of good information.

As far as the money, it usually starts with asking for a few hundred, then the requests keep coming in for more and more money.

I'm sorry to hear that your friend has been going through some hard times. But I think she's very lucky to have a friend like you who is looking out for her.

Honey I believe you and I trust you sorry if you think am doubting you I never did that bank manager is only just a pissing of crash - Bryan
bcos you for ever in my heart cherished and adored as a priceless pearl among the rear germs - General William Miller
I can't tell of how mush i miss you,this feeling is all over me,i just want you to know that i miss you so mush. - Brian
but my heart is biting so fast for you and i cant hid it - Howard
i pray that God will put smell on ur face someday - Matt Ryan

Click here to support 419Eater.com
Capone
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Christine,
Welcome to Eater. Our sister site, ScamWarners specializes in helping people who suspect they may be victims of a scam or contacted by a scammer.

It is never ok to send money to a person you have met over the internet, even if you've been mailing for weeks. Your friend should listen to the voice in her head saying somethings wrong.

500 in 6-walked
Whip Mc FryJack Boot Flying Monkey
Mortar x4
Golden Pith Atlanta-Las Vegas -Seattle-San Diego-Seattle 2.0Atlanta-Jackson Hole, WY, Atlanta-Aspen, CO-with Juan
Safari Ghana-Bouake with Choppa and Dr. Mike
Courtesy of SH Ivory Coast!
Safari Accra-Lome with Choppa
Safari Ghana-Burkina Faso with Choppah
Safari Sand Timer -Accra-Singapore Team Woody
"no! no no money!!! all this was not true! .. "- vlad rant
" i have complained to those who think life is a comedy to those who feel life is a tragedy. " Mr. Pekkar's Problem
Go Gold!
kaede
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Christine, welcome!!

Is the guy military? My shamefully unsuccessful recent bait shows some tips for get rid of military scammer. Mine is fictional friend suggested something to the fake victim, then scammer gone.
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=245613

Will you PM me, so I can take a look?

I swear to God if you dont try to take off my informations you kept on that scammer site .All because i asked you for help is it by force please take it off .If not i have alot that i will use to spoil your entire life - st3phen m@s0n
HAHAHAH, you are smart but not wise, anyway good job continue your work. - Ben Kusoda (Ramsey Alric)
Hey bare in mind, i'm not coming to Japan anymore because i can't trust you (Florence Davidis)
Easter 2015Closed lad accounts *23 by baiting [Closed lad accounts *18 from reporting bank acct info from real victims]
Indonesia Japan Australia Turkey Nigeria United States Malaysia Malaysia Malaysia Flag Pakistan Germany France
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic