SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

cyber stalking

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
CalimariUberAlles
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Here is a story of relentless harassment by a mentally unbalanced individual which has been going on, with a brief interlude, for over 5 years. I heard about this on NPR this morning and it made me feel angry and powerless. And here is the victim's blog.

I certainly would not advocate anything illegal, and I realize this website is about fighting scamming not stalking. I thought the topic would be of interest. Is this a price we are expected to take a chance to pay for all this technology? Is Ms. Anelli paying for us?
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

CalimariUberAlles wrote:
I thought the topic would be of interest. Is this a price we are expected to take a chance to pay for all this technology? Is Ms. Anelli paying for us?

Well, I'm not sure I understood your question, but stalking itself - even without the internet - has been around a long time.

Van Gough comes to mind.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This is one of the reasons there is so much emphasis on "safe baiting" here. I know it's a bit of a different situation, but... it's also a good reminder that we are dealing with criminals. No real life details, and hide IP if it could trace to you, etc. are precautions worth taking. Just my two cents.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The issue I wish to raise is how our interconnectedness has facilitated a new type of stalking. The victim here did nothing stupid, did she? She's the administrator of a public website. She asked the perp to follow the guidelines and heed the other moderators. She rolled the dice, and for her they came up "you lose." It seems the same thing might have happened to almost anyone in her position.

So, what happens now? Is the accepted response to say, she should have been more careful? Or that the New Zealand government should get on the ball (which it certainly should) and leave it at that?

I also wonder what steps Ms. Anelli and those close to her who have also been affected could take to alleviate or repair the damage done.

Thanks for your patience.
Joker
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

..... all is fair in love and war. In this case, war. I thoroughly believe a person has the right to protect what the American's term the pursuit of life, liberty, and happiness. Anything gets in the way of that, well that thing might just get bowled over. That includes some wanker on a keyboard even bothering to show up at my house in a manner I deem threatening to the three concepts mentioned above. He would, at the very least, not be leaving in a state of excellent physical condition.

If he is just some idiot hiding behind a screen, I would say don't worry and ban him whenever he comes up. Pay him no mind and by block him I mean start blocking him by IP or for that matter block the entire country of NZ if he is that much of an issue to the site owner. He gets a proxy or VPN, you block those too. After a while he will get tired of trying to get through.

Also stalk your enemy too but do so quietly. One can return the favour and if it is discovered that the person is coming to your country to be a specific threat.... well there are means to handle that even if LE refuses to.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic