SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

If Africans are so successful with these scams

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
tartan-paint
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If Africans are so successful with these scams, and we all know they work because they do them, quite scary to think what a group of intelligent English speakers with more readily available information would be able to do.

What with the fact you would instantly dismiss people with names and replies like Mr Ben Dover etc, no time wasted at all, and requests for videos, pics etc, these people would be dismissed immediately.

Is it just a numbers game for these people though. Like do they have 1000 people working in one group, and from this 3 will get lucky and the other 997 fail, but this 3 gives a nice payout.

Not sure how they operate exactly, or are a lot of them individuals doing it.
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The scammers aren't exclusively from Africa. There are many in Asian countries, Russia, the UK, even the USA. They're everywhere. However, some countries have more lenient (or corrupt) law enforcement than others, making it easier/less risky for folks there to run scams and get away with it. But, it should also be noted that the percentage of scammers in Africa vs. the percentage of honest folks there is actually quite low.

*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi tartan-paint and welcome to Eater.

Yes...it is a number's game. What scam is not? Their scripts are refined all the time.

Vcamera Sand Timer Easter 2015 Whip Jack Boot Goat Goat Flying Monkey Purple Flower
06/24/2015 Good journey Paranoid.
02/20/2017 You are missed Capone.
10/21/2018 Thank you for the laughs Toomuchfun.
03/21/2019 Keep drinking Grape Nehi, JC. I will, Irish. You win this time.
Some Buddy At Home
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Here in the USA we do have "intelligent English speakers" who are some of the worlds best scammers. They're in the 3 branches of gov't and do quite well. We even elect them to do so. Wink

Never equate poor English and grammar with intelligence. It just means English isn't their first language. If I had to write something in Spanish, man would I fail and look like an idiot.

Welcome to Eater! It's always nice to see a fresh face amongst us. Hope you have fun and most of all, bait safe. Razz

Rosy scams cancer victim, Derrick-NV classic!
US Safari 8 Safaris & 21K miles!- Pain inflicted by Juan Freizwidatt & Capone
The One, The Only PIG$ -What can't GTmama do to the pig?
New Users FAQ Goat Flying Monkey
Leka
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

tartan-paint wrote:
If Africans are so successful with these scams, and we all know they work because they do them, quite scary to think what a group of intelligent English speakers with more readily available information would be able to do.

What with the fact you would instantly dismiss people with names and replies like Mr Ben Dover etc, no time wasted at all, and requests for videos, pics etc, these people would be dismissed immediately.

Is it just a numbers game for these people though. Like do they have 1000 people working in one group, and from this 3 will get lucky and the other 997 fail, but this 3 gives a nice payout.

Not sure how they operate exactly, or are a lot of them individuals doing it.

Those English speakers would propably have a better paying job than scamming. Or at least they wouldn't need to use internet for scamming.

And do note that lads don't even seek perfection in their english or in their scripts. They use whatever works. If the script is too good then they get wrong kind of people. People who aren't too gullible not to ask any questions or suspect things when it is time to pay up.

Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts (Romo -bait)
Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts (This is Abdul he is a hitpiggy(the other one is Abdul's brother i call it "Stupid")(3rd. is a "Moron"))
This is the start of my multiethnic pigsty.
Sand Timer Subject "AM".
"Note that I will not stand to be accepting embarrassment words from you"
"PLEASE YOU HAVE TO GO FOR CHECK UP WITH YOUR DOCTOR OKAY.
HOLY JESUS
DR KENITH L00KMAN"
"Please do not email me again, you are a good layer"
Duckling
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

"Africans" vs "A group of intelligent English speakers"? Confused

Safari Sloth: "Your lies are so absurd that you made me stranded in another man’s land! Kindly don’t write back or reply my message again because if you do my God Almighty will purnish and destroy you in JESUS’ name! AMEN."

"You are very stupid! Do you hear me?! Stupid is your name!" -Lovely Laura
"I will take your name and use it for the Money Ritual!" -Lovely Laura again.
"I will send you a letter bomb. Don't worry, I will send Boko Haram to your country." -Boko Boy.
"Ogun kill you your family go die this year!" -David the Payment Agent
susanstohelit
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

"Lad" Africans is what I think was meant.
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think a lot of folks are missing the point. There are scammers everywhere, in every language. The ones that look dense are writing in a language that isn't their own but there are plenty of very smart victims who share a common language with scammers... as evidenced all over the "general chat" section right now with posts about tragedies involving scam victims.

I'm gonna pop some popcorn & wait for SOOI & co. to arrive in this thread.

Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

From wikipedia

Quote:
According to Cormac Herley, a researcher for Microsoft, "By sending an email that repels all but the most gullible, the scammer gets the most promising marks to self-select."

Send a scam email to 1000 people and 999 will probably ignore it - but it is that 1 person that the scammer is looking for.

It is also possible that many of the recipients of the emails are not native English speakers themselves and will not notice the poor language skills of someone claiming to be an English bank manager or lawyer.

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There are probably forms of Advanced Fee Fraud being perpetrated in every country in the world. Why has it become synonymous with Nigeria? A few reasons can be given as to why it flourished there in ways it hasn't in the West:

1) Corrupt governments more interested in stuffing their own pockets with cash than creating employment. The government are willing to turn a blind eye to scammers as this gets them out of having to generate employment for them. Yes we have corrupt governments in The West too but most western countries have some form of welfare/social security system in place whereas most African countries don't. This obviously leads people to desperate acts (this of course doesn't excuse stealing off other people and ruining the lives of their victims in the process but it is a factor).

2) From the oil revenues generated Nigeria invested in their education system in the 70's but with the problem of unemployment after graduation many looked at the corrupt officials making a shed load of cash out of bribery & corrupt practices and decided to follow suit. Consequently these graduates made a business out of scamming. They turned scamming into a professional enterprise in Nigeria and then more people jumped on the bandwagon. As a 'professional body' they became more effective and successful than AFF scammers in other countries and they have indeed gone global with their brand of AFF. Nigerian scammers now operate out of a series of other countries - Benin, Malaysia, Netherlands, UK, USA, Canada, Thailand to name but a few.

3) Nigerian scammers (I don't mean Nigerians as a race, many of them detest the scammers who taint their country's reputation) have justified their crime to themselves as 'payback for slavery.' If a crime can be justified in a persons mind then they feel more comfortable doing it. As a result more people feel comfortable giving it a go.

You will have to munch the statistics of the transfer so I can give to them - Mr. James Hessom Hessom

If not that you only hide behind computer and be playing prawns with us - Benny Clifford

Pith Helmet France - Luxembourg

Closed lad accounts x26 - 2012 Closed lad accounts x258 - 2013
Closed lad accounts x263 - 2014 Closed lad accounts x160 - 2015
Closed lad accounts x204 & x1 - 2016
Closed lad accounts x177 - 2017 Closed lad accounts x81 - 2018
Closed lad accounts x85 - 2019 Closed lad accounts x9 -2020
(Grand Total Closed lad accounts 1,262) Golden Pig

Last edited by 4X1X9 on Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

4X1X9 wrote:
have justified their crime to themselves as 'payback for slavery.'

A justification often used by passing lad huggers - but scammers are more than happy to scam poor Indian girls (as can be seen from bware419er's mass bait) or people from other developing countries that have never been involved in the slavery in Africa.

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^

Indeed it is merely used an excuse for them to justify their crime to themselves but we all know they will scam anyone. They even scam their own countrymen and women with visa scams playing on the desperation of a significant minority of Nigerians desperate to get out of the country by any means necessary.

You will have to munch the statistics of the transfer so I can give to them - Mr. James Hessom Hessom

If not that you only hide behind computer and be playing prawns with us - Benny Clifford

Pith Helmet France - Luxembourg

Closed lad accounts x26 - 2012 Closed lad accounts x258 - 2013
Closed lad accounts x263 - 2014 Closed lad accounts x160 - 2015
Closed lad accounts x204 & x1 - 2016
Closed lad accounts x177 - 2017 Closed lad accounts x81 - 2018
Closed lad accounts x85 - 2019 Closed lad accounts x9 -2020
(Grand Total Closed lad accounts 1,262) Golden Pig
Fridge
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

vonpaso xlura
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

B8er wrote:
It is also possible that many of the recipients of the emails are not native English speakers themselves and will not notice the poor language skills of someone claiming to be an English bank manager or lawyer.

I've answered a few posts on SW in French or Spanish; more often people who aren't native English speakers post in English, and we point out that the English of the scam letter was written by a West African. Once I answered an Italian in mangled Italian (one who grew up speaking French and hearing Spanish can mangle Italian and still be understood) and someone, trying to be helpful, ran my Italian through Google and got gibberish. There's also been a thread in English with Tagalog interspersed.

×186
Safari Accra - SH Cotonou
you are a fake people so do not ever write to me again.
Am mad at you right now ... Am tired of your questions ... Am sick and tire you and your bank
Nigerian pig . go swallow a grenade idiot. Boko Haram will solve your problem idiot .
you are big fool by send a fake payment information and never you contact me again asshole .
your passgae bearing your ATM CATD ... Ant Terrorist Certificate ... legal verterbrate ... expartiate your meaning ... gets to your dwaignted address ... successful ofghw transfer
TerranceBoyce
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not all 419 scams and scammers are unsophisticated. I've known them set up LLC's and this will happen more and more.

"I have not hard form you, the so called G0MER is a thief" Loan Lad who appeared to be expecting more than just money
"I go faint if una nor help me" Loan Lad
"We bring to your humble knowledge that you should mind your ill mannered language you use to the public" Lotto Lad
"I am not interested in fraudulent matters you are trying to engage me in stealing" 419 scammer
"Your nurse is trying to do something evil i must warn you"
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Know your enemy; these are educated, skilled criminals. The scams are elaborate and well staged. Losses to fraud can be enormous. Don't underestimate them.

dr stephen williams
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Think Ben Bernake, think Bernie Madoff, think of the various huge scams that have been done, think of an extractive economic system that cannibalizes the future to meet the needs of today. Think that a lot of those needs are to pay of debts. Think of privatized gain and socialized loss, with speculation being subsidized by various governments and larger financial institutions.

The whole economy is a scam. Growth economics is over. What is left is the various fleecings available.

You want real thieves? 419ers are not the worst of it, but they are the easiest to work against. They are also the easiest to identify.

Golden Pith x2 Safari x7 Tattoo x7 Closed lad accounts Mortar Vcamera Sand Timer x6 Team Turd Lgs-Dla Bnn-Lbra Acra-Dkar Dkr-Bnjul- Dkr-Tmbktu-Abche-Adre-N'djmna Lgos-Cairo-Aswn-Jail Ctnu-Lgos Ctnu-acra Lgos-Jbrg-Drbn-Prt-Elzbth-CT-Sprngbk-CT-Drbn-CT-Hrre-Lska-DsSlm-Mmbsa-Nirbi-Kmpla 28,510 Miles
Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Vcamera Sand Timer x4 Team Woody Acra-Sngpre Acra-Dkr-Rsso-Bmko Acra-Ctnu
Safari Lgos-Dkr-Rsso Sand Timer Vcamera (wKLG)
Safari x22 SS Sand Timer x3 United Kingdom United States Nigeria x303 : Closed lad accounts pyramid Mortar
Nurse Nastys Audi TTpony Whip Mc Fry Jack Boot
Justcold
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^+1 (Do we still do +1? Very Happy )

IBTL

Vcamera Sand Timer Easter 2015 Whip Jack Boot Goat Goat Flying Monkey Purple Flower
bware419ers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

tartan-paint wrote:

You know what that group could do? They could waste their time and resources, drive them batty with money that never arrives, send them to ungodly places and have a ton of fun doing it.

Now if someone could just organize a forum around that group of people and get them to selflessly dedicate themselves to doing that, it would be a worthwhile place I would like to join.

Oh, wait...

Golden Pig Vcamera Closed lad accounts X 7035
The Church of the Old Gods Sand Timer Safari X 17 Tattoo
Goat Mortar Flying Monkey Mc Fry Jack Boot Easter 2015 Santa Whip

Black Ribbon "FFS." - Capone
Black Ribbon - Toomuchfun
Black Ribbon - Irishemigrant
"I started to read it but got bored after the first couple of sentences." - SOOI
"Remind me not to get on your bad side." - jose_cuervo
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bwah ha ha good one bware Laughing

*although it should be noted, while the forum primarily uses the English language it is not the first language of everyone here, either Cool

419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^I realize that, however, the members here are intelligent and appear to have language skills greater than the majority of lads.

Golden Pig Vcamera Closed lad accounts X 7035
The Church of the Old Gods Sand Timer Safari X 17 Tattoo
Goat Mortar Flying Monkey Mc Fry Jack Boot Easter 2015 Santa Whip

Black Ribbon "FFS." - Capone
Black Ribbon - Toomuchfun
Black Ribbon - Irishemigrant
"I started to read it but got bored after the first couple of sentences." - SOOI
"Remind me not to get on your bad side." - jose_cuervo
Justcold
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^Excepting Toomuchfun and Irish..I agree.

oscarpiles
#1 Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Am Confuse.

I do not want to be associated with occult and blood sucking organization,i was told that you are not a man of God but an occult leader with 666 sign. - Elvis
Until thy kingdom hell of stupidity thy come!!! - Sarah
I AM GOING CRAZYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Bobby/Jenny/Jugs/moneyp**
ufffffffffffffffffffffffff - Outlander
F*ck you ass all – Jerry Asshat
i am a good lad i have told u that many times - Kevin the Idiot
You need home training lol - Brian LaLadyBits

Jack Boot Mortar Closed lad accounts Tattoo Sand Timer Vcamera Safari Easter 2015 Easter Egg 2013 Whip Whip
vonpaso xlura
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's not so much language skills (a lad's English may be worse than my English, but it's better than my Yoruba) but that West African lads don't have much access to American or European English or media. In the parts of Europe and Brazil and the Caribbean where I've traveled, electricity is fairly reliable and Internet access is easy to find (I'm not sure about Portugal, since I was there before I was as tied to my email as I am now). In Nigeria, from what I've heard on the news, the power grid is largely nonfunctional. You can't expect them to learn what a gefilte fish is or what kinds of playing cards are mackerels if they hurry to answer victims' emails before the power randomly goes out.

×186
Safari Accra - SH Cotonou
you are a fake people so do not ever write to me again.
Am mad at you right now ... Am tired of your questions ... Am sick and tire you and your bank
Nigerian pig . go swallow a grenade idiot. Boko Haram will solve your problem idiot .
you are big fool by send a fake payment information and never you contact me again asshole .
your passgae bearing your ATM CATD ... Ant Terrorist Certificate ... legal verterbrate ... expartiate your meaning ... gets to your dwaignted address ... successful ofghw transfer
tartan-paint
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I never meant so much language skills when I was mentioning intelligence. In my opinion their language skills are great, I could never communicate using their own dialect.

I just don't get why they will even spend so much time in communication with someone when even a fool would know it's a piss take. I mean every scam-bait I have read after the first few emails I would know, but these people seem to not.

I doubt the actual genuine people they are getting the money from and scamming are communicating to them like a scam-baiter does. So am surprised they haven't adapted with time and realised this by now. Will that old lady they get who sends the money be asking them to do this, do that, send a picture, get a tattoo etc lol

I wonder the intelligence level of them.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic