SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Chance for everybody to vent

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Issw18o
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So these turds tried a grandparents scam on my grandparents luckily the people at walmart let them know it was a scam. They left a number for them to call to wire the money or whatever they do and the same guy answers every time, if you ask for jill stone he will say she is in court and asks if he can help you out, usually he hangs up but often he will try to fight back which is funny. Me and my wife have been calling him quite frequently to waste his time/tie up their line. I read the rules and didnt find anything against posting scammers info so here you all go 1-855-xxx-xxxx

ps i find it very frustrating that authorites cant trace this number and do something, anybody have info on why not?

Moderator edit: removed unconfirmed phone # --bo
Some Buddy At Home
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Depends on where the scammer is located. If you're in the US and the scammer is in another country, not to mention a 3rd world country, US law enforcement are limited to what they can do and chances are that law enforcement in the 3rd world country won't do a thing. Except get a bribe from the scammer. That's why we waste their time and eat up their phone credits! Razz

Welcome to Eater! Sorry your grandparents were targeted. Evil or Very Mad

Rosy scams cancer victim, Derrick-NV classic!
US Safari 8 Safaris & 21K miles!- Pain inflicted by Juan Freizwidatt & Capone
The One, The Only PIG$ -What can't GTmama do to the pig?
New Users FAQ Goat Flying Monkey
Ewok
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Three times I have called, I have explained I am calling from the UK in reply to Jill's urgent email, the guy answering the phone sounds panic ridden and hangs up very quickly.

He has now left the phone off the hook. Thing is, my 7 am is his middle of the night, I have the scamming git on speed dial!

YOU ARE A JOKER AND I KNWE IT,YOU ARE GUYMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - goodwill dukk
you are a fucking fool,that is why you are lonely there,fucking white pig. - solomonodoom.
What kind of person are you devil-Austin Burberry
Did your Mother Kill you??? Honestly your not Woman No not A Mother - PeterJ
you are stupid old girl! i think you never have a sex for many years why not you use your finger?? or kill yourself-werkagegnehu
modokmind
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is a different sub-species of scammer. Take a look:

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-855-<mod snip>

Also Ewok, did you record the call? If not, did he sound American?

Ewok
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He is 100% American. Sounds NY by accent. He answers the phone by saying "Captain James .... Can't get the last name.

I haven't recorded it, he is now just hanging up on me.... As it costs me nothing to call him, I don't mind, i will just keep calling him!

It appears they have a scam going where they are telling people that they have a warrant issued against them from a quick google search of the number!

YOU ARE A JOKER AND I KNWE IT,YOU ARE GUYMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - goodwill dukk
you are a fucking fool,that is why you are lonely there,fucking white pig. - solomonodoom.
you are stupid old girl! i think you never have a sex for many years why not you use your finger?? or kill yourself-werkagegnehu
Issw18o
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks everybody, some more information.

He has told my wife that americans are stupid as well as old people thats why they keep giving him money, i didn't detect an accent so i assumed he was canadian, Im fairly sure its the same guy answering but not 100%.

These people told my family that I had gotten arrested in las vegas and i needed money for bail and so forth.

The number says united states on my phone when i call.

The number seems to be disconnected at night (US time) i already had the idea of keeping him up.

Does anybody know how these people get numbers, do they just call random numbers till they get an old person that plays into the scam?

Also the police cant file a report unless a crime was commited but an officer talked to my grandma and took down all the info and said he would call the number but didnt say much else.
bohigal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mod note: Moved from Main to Miscellaneous Scams.

@Issw180: Hi and welcome to Eater. I edited out the phone # in your initial post until we can have substantive proof that this is a scam. Sorry but we've had people publish numbers here for harassment/revenge purposes before. Btw this is a US toll-free number.

@ewok: Please post a link to your google search results. I can't find this number with Google.

Stop typing in french, am seriously dissapointed....am just confused!!!
You will have my nuts in your hands as soon as i have the latrine in my hand & i will pay the goats to the lawyer
My dear with this only, it is clear you have contacted and communicated with Africa Fraudsters and even send funds to him. what a pity!
YOU ARE A WITCH. MAY YOU MENSURATE NON STOP TILL THE END OF YOUR LIFE
Golden PithSafari Mortar Tattoo Vcamera Closed lad accountsSand Timer Team Hector:Lagos-Douala,Benin-Liberia,Senegal-Gambia-Mali-Chad, Egypt ,Awka w/ Shorty
Sand Timer Sand Timer Shorty Safari Abidjan w/ Juan
Safari Bibian
Closed lad accounts Cellphone pony Mc Fry Mc Fry Easter Egg 2013
Donate to Eater
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Issw180, welcome to Eater. However as bohigal pointed out, posting phone numbers without documentation is against forum rules.

Forum Rules wrote:
Do not post email addresses or phone numbers without sourcing them to a scam mail or fake site. The potential for abuse of non-scammers is too great. We're not saying that you would point other baiters towards an ex-significant whatever, cheating spouse, or that neighbor who never returned your power tools. We are saying that in the past, others have. Moderators reserve the right to remove un-sourced phone numbers or email addresses, or just delete that particular post entirely (they're like your credit card company, lots of reserved rights).

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
Issw18o
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My bad I'm sorry I don't have any documentation yet as it was a phone scam but my I can find something on the number
Ewok
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-855-448-0701

The same bloke answers and announces his name as Captain James (I can not hear the surname.)

Fair bit of info around here http://800notes.com/AreaCode.aspx/1-855

Give the number a search, I have it on my phone but I can't read all the numbers now and have closed down the Google page. It did appear to be a known scammer.

bohigal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^That's not the same number the OP reported. As I said, an 855 area code is a toll-free number in the US. Anyone can purchase one of these and an 855 prefix doesn't necessarily mean it's from a scammer.

Stop typing in french, am seriously dissapointed....am just confused!!!
You will have my nuts in your hands as soon as i have the latrine in my hand & i will pay the goats to the lawyer
My dear with this only, it is clear you have contacted and communicated with Africa Fraudsters and even send funds to him. what a pity!
YOU ARE A WITCH. MAY YOU MENSURATE NON STOP TILL THE END OF YOUR LIFE
Golden PithSafari Mortar Tattoo Vcamera Closed lad accountsSand Timer Team Hector:Lagos-Douala,Benin-Liberia,Senegal-Gambia-Mali-Chad, Egypt ,Awka w/ Shorty
Sand Timer Sand Timer Shorty Safari Abidjan w/ Juan
Safari Bibian
Closed lad accounts Cellphone pony Mc Fry Mc Fry Easter Egg 2013
Donate to Eater
Ewok
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ I understand, however I typed the number straight into Google when it was on the page, I do not have the number now so have used generic search terms. I would not be calling the Captain were I not convinced he was a filthy scammer.

The arrest story is all over the interwebs with THAT phone number. The annoying thing is, I can press redial on my phone but I can't read the blinkin number on it. (it only shows so many digits and I have to dial 001 to get through to the former colony.)

modokmind
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bo...that is the same number the OP reported. I actually wrote it down when it was posted so I can confirm that independently.

Also Ewok...please listen to the voice on this recording: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=207324&highlight=

I have a sneaking suspicion that this is the person you spoke to. This is a guy that has been running this scam in the Mid-Atlantic area for a while now and is really successful at what he does.

Issw18o...if you could also listen to that recording and confirm the voice is the same then I'm sure we are dealing with the same person.

Ewok
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Link won't play. Only had a few words from him, couldn't understand his surname, "Captain James something..............."

GTmama
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Called the number several times and had different people answer each time. Cheyenne Carter, Brittney Morgan, and some lady who went on about a Legal service something or other.

What a fuckkkkkkkkkk - Pig$
I just lost some gadamn fucking hope. - Pig$
Shit ball am getting angry gradually - Pig$
Been killed is better for me noow, I ve got nothing to lose - Pig$
Every has two eyes but by being there for each other we can have four eyes each. - Mary Mary
http://www.scambaitingtools.comToolbox
Keep The Party Rockin'!
Flying Monkey
seeuinthenews
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This attempted scam happened today on that 855 448 48XX numbet that went like this: A sobbing hysterical young man tried to convince my elderly mother that he was her grandson and in jail in Las Vegas on an erroneous drug and weapons charge, then put Capt. Brian of CCDC (Clark County Detention Center in Las Vegas) on the line who told her to wire transfer $4K thru Walmart to release him on an appearance bond and would be returned in 24 hours. Fat chance. Lived in Vegas 25 yrs. Not how they do things there. Elderly beware! You are b---- prey! Get on it Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department- somebody has it coming!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic