SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Help, New York style Baked Cheesecake

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, I got ambitious for tomorrow night, I've been looking after a section for absentee owners, from NY, mowing the lawn, trimming hedges etc for the last 18 months

They are here now, and invited me around for dinner tomorrow night, they are doing the roast lamb etc, I'm doing dessert

Thought I'd go for NY Baked cheesecake, it looked simple, ok, I did change a few things, like whipping the egg whites to give a more lighter texture, I'm using greek style yoghurt and sourcream to top it with along with some home made plum sauce

Problem is, after 2 hours in the oven, it is still a long way from set, and the top is starting to brown, how dark is the usual NY cheesecake?

Do I leave it for another hour, then turn the oven off, and let it cool and set as per recipe?

Do I give it to the dog, and go for something simpler before tomorrow night?

edited : spelling

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
Vampiremerchant
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Leave it for an hour....

Give to dog

Go to store and buy one..... Laughing

Closed lad accounts x 35 Easter Egg

Mortar x 100

Thailand (with thanks to Nigel Tuffnel)
Thailand United Kingdom
Thailand
Thailand
Thailand

My dear Brother , if I have to you to scam you, May the WROGHT of GOD be upon me and my generation
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

not very helpful person wrote:
Go to store and buy one.....

I live near the end of a long valley, the nearest town of any size, 3 shops and a garage, is an hour away and closed hours ago. And don't suggest going for a drive tomorrow, it's summer here, and the area is full of bloody tourists driving (badly) oversized campervans

Ok, I'll wait up another hour, then if it all fails, will go for rhubarb and yoghurt with meringue topping on a ginger biscuit base

Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
bohigal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

NY cheesecake isn't supposed to be light and fluffy, high density is one of its features. I think the overbrowning is also from the meringue. Cheesecake doesnt usually brown.

Stop typing in french, am seriously dissapointed....am just confused!!!
You will have my nuts in your hands as soon as i have the latrine in my hand & i will pay the goats to the lawyer
My dear with this only, it is clear you have contacted and communicated with Africa Fraudsters and even send funds to him. what a pity!
YOU ARE A WITCH. MAY YOU MENSURATE NON STOP TILL THE END OF YOUR LIFE
Golden PithSafari Mortar Tattoo Vcamera Closed lad accountsSand Timer Team Hector:Lagos-Douala,Benin-Liberia,Senegal-Gambia-Mali-Chad, Egypt ,Awka w/ Shorty
Sand Timer Sand Timer Shorty Safari Abidjan w/ Juan
Safari Bibian
Closed lad accounts Cellphone pony Mc Fry Mc Fry Easter Egg 2013
Donate to Eater
Tururut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I echo this. I'm not too sure whipping the whites was a wisest move.

Parti Boi. Sand Timer x2 Safari x3 Xmas Parti 2012 Lagos-Natitingou, Lagos-Parakou-Kandi, Benin City- S4fari Hotel Kano A 419 picked me up, took my bag and ran away - have did a lot for Gomer but nothing good come out, every time different trip and they always mess up at last, why? Benin Republic mess up, Kano state in Nigeria mess up, Safari Camp also mess up - am really ashamed of my self in street
Sand Timer My wife divorce our marraige because I failed to provide proper maintenance of the family.
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If I recall correctly, NY style cheesecake doesn't really set while cooking, it all happens as it cools down & not completely until refrigerated.

The excess browning, maybe you cooked it at too high a temperature? My best results came from reducing the temperature along the way - starting really hot, maybe 250C for a brief sizzle, but then allowing the oven to gradually reduce down to about 120C & leaving it there 1.5 hrs or so.

Anyway I'm sure it's all too late now, how did it turn out in the end?

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
Vampiremerchant
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My comments earlier were mean't in a jocular way, if I caused offence I apologise

Closed lad accounts x 35 Easter Egg

Mortar x 100

Thailand (with thanks to Nigel Tuffnel)
Thailand United Kingdom
Thailand
Thailand
Thailand

My dear Brother , if I have to you to scam you, May the WROGHT of GOD be upon me and my generation
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Vampire. no offense caused, I got a chuckle from the comment Very Happy

Firehouse, fully agree, the whipped egg white was a mistake, I can be a bit experimental, usually at the wrong time

Bohigal, you are so right Very Happy

Ok, it did settle down and firm up, after 3 hours at 140*C, left it in the oven overnight, no cracks on top, colour is a dark yellow on top, I can trim the edges up, then I'm putting a sour cream and youghurt top, with plum topping. Not traditional, but I have plums falling everywhere off the trees,

Photo to come later in the day here once I get organised

Thanks

Capone
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Let us know how it turns out? NY style cheese cake, like Firehouse said, firms up during cool down and refrigeration. It's dense and velvety. Always a matter of your tastebuds, but I'd skip yogurt as a topping-the cake isn't very sweet and has a tang. Fruit with or without syrup usually goes best. Plums sound great.

500 in 6-walked
Whip Mc FryJack Boot Flying Monkey
Mortar x4
Golden Pith Atlanta-Las Vegas -Seattle-San Diego-Seattle 2.0Atlanta-Jackson Hole, WY, Atlanta-Aspen, CO-with Juan
Safari Ghana-Bouake with Choppa and Dr. Mike
Courtesy of SH Ivory Coast!
Safari Accra-Lome with Choppa
Safari Ghana-Burkina Faso with Choppah
Safari Sand Timer -Accra-Singapore Team Woody
"no! no no money!!! all this was not true! .. "- vlad rant
" i have complained to those who think life is a comedy to those who feel life is a tragedy. " Mr. Pekkar's Problem
Go Gold!
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is a fucking disaster. Why didn't you call me first?

I give up.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've never had baked cheesecake with yogurt. Only pounds of cream cheese. It sounds like it should be delightful. My first true love many years ago spent hours and hours and lots of our minimum wage salary making baked cheesecake. I remember it being light brown on top with a textured skin like no other cheesecake I have had since. I once raided the fridge for some strawberry jam, spread it on the top, got a dirty look that could melt glass and never had homemade baked cheesecake ever again in my life.

The plum topping sounds wonderful too. If you have any left over can you send it to me?

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
bohigal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Pretty common for NY cheesecake to have a thin sour-cream topping. Yogurt would be a fine substitute. I don't think irish was making a yogurtcake, ick! Smile

@irishemigrant: did you use graham crackers for the crust? Please tell me you did. Btw the plum sauce sounds delicious.

You will have my nuts in your hands as soon as i have the latrine in my hand & i will pay the goats to the lawyer
My dear with this only, it is clear you have contacted and communicated with Africa Fraudsters and even send funds to him. what a pity!
Golden PithSafari Mortar Tattoo Vcamera Closed lad accountsSand Timer Team Hector:Lagos-Douala,Benin-Liberia,Senegal-Gambia-Mali-Chad, Egypt ,Awka w/ Shorty
Safari Bibian
Donate to Eater
TheFae
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have seen pics of Irish's homemade bread. I am certain the cheesecake will be stellar. Thumbs up

GO GOLD! **CLICKY**
"This is really bad"
"my account has been disable and can not sell anymore and this is all i live on"
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My bet is no graham crackers as they seem to be rare specimens indeed outside of N America! Had to resort to importing few boxes... Then a "close enough" recipe for crumbs.

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
oscarpiles
#1 Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

PF Wrote:

Quote:
This is a fucking disaster. Why didn't you call me first?

What good would Stellar Photoshop skills do in this case? Am confused....

I do not want to be associated with occult and blood sucking organization,i was told that you are not a man of God but an occult leader with 666 sign. - Elvis
Until thy kingdom hell of stupidity thy come!!! - Sarah
I AM GOING CRAZYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Bobby/Jenny/Jugs/moneyp**
ufffffffffffffffffffffffff - Outlander
F*ck you ass all – Jerry Asshat
i am a good lad i have told u that many times - Kevin the Idiot
You need home training lol - Brian LaLadyBits

Jack Boot Mortar Closed lad accounts Tattoo Sand Timer Vcamera Safari Easter 2015 Easter Egg 2013 Whip Whip
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ Any other questions?

** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, it turned out really well, my friends, who actually come from New York, and are so American as to make PF appear to be Canadian, were suitably impressed

I used a sour cream/greek yoghurt topping, with simmered plum juice sprinkled over

The contrast of the slightly sour topping, with the (oh sweet Jesus this is so rich) cheesecake was just right

@PF, thank you for the offer of help, I will remember to consult with you next time. Why I will I have no idea, but I see that you have mastered Photoshop Level 2 really well Very Happy

@ Daughter of the Sidhe, thank you for the display of confidence in my culinary skills, I'll send the bagels next week Wink

Bohigal and Firehouse, I used gingernut biscuits, with a bit of added ground ginger for the base, we do have something similar to Graham crackers here, but they taste like sawdust, much the same as Graham crackers Laughing

Esox lucius
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^
That looks yummy-licious Smile

"..May your unborn kids don't grow and may you be burnt to ashes asap ! " CCS
"..Sir we have given you more than 5 different accounts yet you still complaining " SCB
" YOU LOW LIFE SATANIC AGENT, FORWARD THESE MESSAGES TO YOUR MOTHER AND FATHER, THEY WILL DEFINITELY ENJOY READING THEM." RG
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OMG, the phone rang while I was looking at the photo and could not answer or even talk right away. I was salivating so much that after swallowing I could only string three words together at a time.

Gingernut biscuits sound amazing.

Here's a great recipe for graham crackers. I use sugar instead of brown sugar and butter instead of shortening, flatten them out, cut them round and cook them like a cookie, put a scoop of ice cream between two and call it a chilly burger. They go great in Minnesota in January. Laughing

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/graham-crackers/

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

irishemigrant wrote:
simmered plum juice sprinkled over

That sounds fantastic, great contrast.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Irish, that looks fantastic, well done!

I have never tried NY baked cheesecake, but it sounds scrummy.

Can I come visit as well? Smile

** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That looked so good I was drooling!

500 in 6-walked
Whip Mc FryJack Boot Flying Monkey
Mortar x4
Golden Pith Atlanta-Las Vegas -Seattle-San Diego-Seattle 2.0Atlanta-Jackson Hole, WY, Atlanta-Aspen, CO-with Juan
Safari Ghana-Bouake with Choppa and Dr. Mike
Courtesy of SH Ivory Coast!
Safari Accra-Lome with Choppa
Safari Ghana-Burkina Faso with Choppah
Safari Sand Timer -Accra-Singapore Team Woody
"no! no no money!!! all this was not true! .. "- vlad rant
" i have complained to those who think life is a comedy to those who feel life is a tragedy. " Mr. Pekkar's Problem
Go Gold!
His
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As a lover of all things cheesecake, I have to say this looks yummy.

I disagree about Graham crackers, though. Love honey grams with milk. Smile
bohigal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That looks delicious, irish!

Safari Bibian
Donate to Eater
TheFae
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Irish, I knew you'd knock it out of the park. Absolutely amazing! My mouth got all watery just looking at it. Well done! Thumbs up

You're trying to safari the lot of us, yes? ♥

GO GOLD! **CLICKY**
"This is really bad"
"my account has been disable and can not sell anymore and this is all i live on"
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic