SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Anyone heard of this scam artist ?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
kalda01
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mr. Delima Newton a lawyer and citizen of Togo ?

Just received an email informing me that his client just died and I am entitled
to receive millions of dollars from his estate.

Is this a well known scam ?
bohigal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, welcome to Eater kalda01. Yes this is an old and very well-known scam known as a "Next-of-kin" format. There will be all kinds of fees required to unlock information, get legal work done, etc etc. for the nonexistent inheritance. If you check the Surplus 419 Scam Letters thread here you'll see people here have reported at least a dozen of these types of scams in the last month.

Btw it's usually not useful to try to identify scammers by the names they are using. It's not their real name, and multiple lads could be using the same alias because 1) scammers lie and 2) scammers lie.

Stop typing in french, am seriously dissapointed....am just confused!!!
You will have my nuts in your hands as soon as i have the latrine in my hand & i will pay the goats to the lawyer
My dear with this only, it is clear you have contacted and communicated with Africa Fraudsters and even send funds to him. what a pity!
YOU ARE A WITCH. MAY YOU MENSURATE NON STOP TILL THE END OF YOUR LIFE
Golden PithSafari Mortar Tattoo Vcamera Closed lad accountsSand Timer Team Hector:Lagos-Douala,Benin-Liberia,Senegal-Gambia-Mali-Chad, Egypt ,Awka w/ Shorty
Sand Timer Sand Timer Shorty Safari Abidjan w/ Juan
Safari Bibian
Closed lad accounts Cellphone pony Mc Fry Mc Fry Easter Egg 2013
Donate to Eater
Basinga
** WARNED **

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
Not only the name and profession, but there's a possibility the person who emailed you isn't in Togo either.

Lads lie. About everything.
Leka
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Not to forget that Delima Newton may be a real person and has no idea that her name is being used for a scam (if she is alive).

For example i have had lads pretending to be Gina Rinehart who was apparently about to die due to her obesity. Just try to google for the name.

I think that ever since i started baiting i have had either some FBI or UN chief under works or both at the same time. And i would bet that i'm not the only one.

So the first thing to get into your mind is that these are criminals trying to get as much money as possible by using any means they have, mostly by lying. Second thing is a lot harder one: Don't lose your temper about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtSPFXj_eZM

Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts (Romo -bait)
Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts (This is Abdul he is a hitpiggy(the other one is Abdul's brother i call it "Stupid")(3rd. is a "Moron"))
This is the start of my multiethnic pigsty.
Sand Timer Subject "AM".
"Note that I will not stand to be accepting embarrassment words from you"
"PLEASE YOU HAVE TO GO FOR CHECK UP WITH YOUR DOCTOR OKAY.
HOLY JESUS
DR KENITH L00KMAN"
"Please do not email me again, you are a good layer"
cowfordinner
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

kalda01 wrote:
Is this a well known scam ?

Well, if you want, I can forward you a hundred of them that I received in the last couple of weeks, all the same format. Smile

Since you found your way to this forum, maybe you want to start baiting. In this case, be sure to read the stickies in the various subforums, especially the fundamentals, i.e.

- safe baiting
- do not involve innocent third parties,
- etc.

Have fun

cow

EDIT: typo (thanks Leka)

"You have not even received the inheritance funds but you have already shown me the kind of undomesticated animal that you are"

Last edited by cowfordinner on Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total
kalda01
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I already fooled around with this con artist asking for proof how he tracked me down as the sole living relative of the deceased.
He replied that he inquired with the Chamber of Commerce in my country and allegedly they provided my email address to him.
I then asked to receive a copy of the response he received from them and said I'm going to verify the authenticity of that response.
Next thing I receive an SMS on my mobile from a strange number that appears to be a confirmation from the Chamber of commerce confirming they provided my contact details to this person in Togo.
The con artist obviously didn't realize that it is a holiday in my country and no way any one is working in the Chamber of Commerce.
Btw, I knew right from the start this is a scam attempt, and decided to fool around and make the appearance I'm playing along.
Capone
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to the forum-from what you posted, it sounds like your playing around with this scammer on your personal e-mail and with your phone number. This is not a good idea. My suggestion is that you cut off all communications immediately with this scum.

500 in 6-walked
Whip Mc FryJack Boot Flying Monkey
Mortar x4
Golden Pith Atlanta-Las Vegas -Seattle-San Diego-Seattle 2.0Atlanta-Jackson Hole, WY, Atlanta-Aspen, CO-with Juan
Safari Ghana-Bouake with Choppa and Dr. Mike
Courtesy of SH Ivory Coast!
Safari Accra-Lome with Choppa
Safari Ghana-Burkina Faso with Choppah
Safari Sand Timer -Accra-Singapore Team Woody
"no! no no money!!! all this was not true! .. "- vlad rant
" i have complained to those who think life is a comedy to those who feel life is a tragedy. " Mr. Pekkar's Problem
Go Gold!
kalda01
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wondered how he got my mobile phone number. any ideas ?
Already informed him not to contact me again as I'm not interested.
Leka
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

BTW. I just realised that obivious signs of a scam should be mentioned also. Like Emails originating from Yahoo or any other free email service. That should give a reason to suspect immediately.

Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts (Romo -bait)
Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts (This is Abdul he is a hitpiggy(the other one is Abdul's brother i call it "Stupid")(3rd. is a "Moron"))
Sand Timer Subject "AM".
HOLY JESUS
DR KENITH L00KMAN"
cowfordinner
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If he has your real personal details, email, phone, drop him like a hot potato. If you want, create an email account just for that purpose, dont give your real details, and write him an email acting as if you got his initial email to this address. He wont notice. Pomise.

As I said, read the stickies: safe baiting. These people are criminals. Unlikely, but possible that one of them is close to you or has a friend who lives close to you.

How he got your mobile phone number? Plenty of possibilities, but impossible to tell for us. Think about it, what personal details you gave him (Facebook, company email address,...)

Not all of these scammers are keyboard warriors only...

cow

EDIT: typo (thanks Leka)

"You have not even received the inheritance funds but you have already shown me the kind of undomesticated animal that you are"

Last edited by cowfordinner on Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Leka
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Ahem! SAFE baiting. Not "save baiting".

Sand Timer Subject "AM".
HOLY JESUS
DR KENITH L00KMAN"
Basinga
** WARNED **

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

kalda01 wrote:
I wondered how he got my mobile phone number. any ideas ?

There are many ways he could have done that. These are things you need to consider when creating your baiting tools (non-personal email addresses, fake profiles etc).
Webmails like hotmail often attach a profile to your email address, in which you may have placed your phone number. Alternatively if you used that email for your social media registrations, such as facebook or twitter, he could have used it to search for your profile. They really are gold mines of personal info if you're not careful about what you share and the various security settings.
Facebook is particularly notorious for it's (lack of) security. It is possible to hide every bit of personal info from strangers, but it's alarming how many people have no idea how to set it or even where those settings are, so much private info is accidentally made public...

EDIT= I made a post a couple of weeks ago about how Facebook's privacy works. Never any harm drawing more attention to it in my opinion : http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1957939&highlight=#1957939
PS: The thread I linked to is dying off. Please don't necro it...
George Carl
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Facebook is particularly notorious for it's (lack of) security. It is possible to hide every bit of personal info from strangers, but it's alarming how many people have no idea how to set it or even where those settings are, so much private info is accidentally made public...

Facebook is also notorious for making changes to how security and privacy work. When they make changes they switch the affected fields to the least secure/private setting.
If you use Facebook make sure to regularly check your settings.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic