SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Almost scammed renting a place on Craigslist.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
frugm
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So here's the backstory. I placed an Ad looking for a room to rent as I have to move to Harrisburg at very short notice for work, my family doesn't have a lot of money so we can't afford to lose any....Anyways I placed an AD looking for a room not even 10 minutes later I received a text saying this person had one and it would be 150 a week including food, well you know what they say "if it seems to good to be true..." So I did a little research and it turns out this person as a woman and her husband and they have scammed 1000's out of people, so I text her back and she told me to wire her 200 dollars and she would over night me a key. To which I replied I would rather meet her at the place and give her the money then because I was afraid of scammers.
Needless to say I never received a reply. I contacted one of the other people that she had scammed and they told me she was on parole in Pa, I also found her Facebook page and her husbands and I have her phone number. I think it's sick she is getting away with this. I posted the obligatory scammer post on Craigslist which was flagged are removed for spam this morning, no doubt by her...

So how can I teach her a lesson so she'll think twice about doing this again? Ideas, comments, suggestions..all welcome.
Here is what other people wrote in response to her.

This fraud responded via text message to my daughters when she was looking for an apartment in Waynesboro PA. She met her on a Sunday, xxxxxx took 300 cash and a check for 800.00 which Xxxxxxx tried to cash first thing Monday morning(but was surprised to find out I had already put a stop payment on the check...I had a bad feeling about the whole thing when my daughter couldn't find the apartment and Ashlee couldn't meet her until 9 am on Monday). The address she provided was in the trees, no building, no apartment, nothing...and she said she was sending the 300 cash back in a money order, which of course has not happened as of yet. Her name is Xxxxxxxxx, she said it was Xxxxxxxxxxx. Her fiance is Xxxxxxxxx Her phone # is xxxxxxxxx and she lives in York, Dover, or Thomasville PA.

this girl will text you or call you and offer you a apartment..she goes by the name of Xxxxxxxxxx. she will send you pics which i am sure are pics of she has gotten off the internet and give you a fake address for her fake apartment. we got scammed out of $300 and would have been $1100 if we didnt cancel the check in time. the address she gave me for the house is 407 n church st waynesboro pa...little did i know there is no house there. she met up with me she gave me the key and i gave her the money. she kept telling me she would meet me to show the house but its been a week and she still hasnt me me....she took my $300 and ran with it. i also found out her real name is Xxxxxxxxxxxx and her husbands name is Xxxxxxxxx. she drives a black saturn vue...dont get played by this bum like we did !!!!
Edited to hide names, the address she all gave are fake.

This is her.
http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/New-Jersey/Camden-County-NJ/Ashlee-L-Ball.5052040.html
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi frugm, welcome
good eye, unfortunately some people still fall for it.
To help the rest out there, report this with our sister site [url]scamwarners.com[/url] so they can learn about it and don't make that mistake.
To get even, ask for a mentor or read and read for a lot of hours the stickies and the University forum.
Best thing, break all contact, he has your real name, maybe even address and phone.
Set up a new Gmail account with the name of your dreams and contact him with a nice proposal as a complete stranger with a fake address and phone so you can never be found, your mentor will help you with the how to... if needed
[url] http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=183735&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=100[/url] will take you to the mentor program.

Have fun, bait SAFE

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic