SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

New, looking for opinions. Christian Digest scam.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
facepalmz
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have been doing freelance work for about 8 months now, through a well known freelancing site. I've gotten some decent jobs and made a little extra money, which is great. But those of you who are familiar with this type of thing know freelancers must "bid" on a job or position hopefully getting chosen for the task.

So about a week and half ago, an "employer" came to me. I ranked very highly on customer service test, which will get people to invite me to their jobs. I accepted, and they wanted to deal with me through email instead of the site, which was a red flag for me, however I wanted to see how far they'd take it.

Basically it was an emailing position where I send daily Christian scriptures to a list of about 30 people a day for $400 a week. Another red flag lol, no one would pay that much for that little of work. I decided to look up the email header to find the IP source. The X-Originating IP was from California (a few different Cali locations), however the received IP, which is the true IP is located in Lagos, Nigeria from a dialup ISP.

I decided to go along with it. They wanted my name and address, nothing more. No Tax information or forms to be filled out. I emailed scriptures to the small amount of "subscribers", and asked about pay. (Apparently, his name is Chris. And the scriptures all had a picture of "Pastor Chris" whom is well known in Nigera, and other countries as a famous pastor who even created his own social networking site. I knew right away he was an imposter, but to humor him I kept it going). I was to receive my first pay after a week's worth of work.

This morning, I get this email:

"Good Morning, and I want to commend you for the job well done. I will like to inform you that I just receive a message from the company that help in paying the church online staff salary that your pay check have been mailed to you via the regular mail and it would deliver today or tomorrow morning.

Take the check to your bank and deposit it into your bank account as soon as you receive it and get back to me after that. Mark, you will help in accounting work by sending some money to a church in Florida because the check send to you is more than your pay and I will like if you can help with this. I promise you additional $50 for helping us with this. I have also attach today's digest. Thanks and bye for now."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

His English was decent in the other emails, but today likely due to excitement thinking he's got me on the hook, it appears a little more broken.

I have a few different ideas, but not sure what to go with. Or if there's any other suggestions - I'm open to them as well.

My first idea was to take a picture of his check, carefully placed inside my cat's litter box just before a cleaning. After attaching the picture I would include his IP number, location, and the fact that someone here is an idiot, and I know it's not me, or my cat, which leaves only one other option.

Or my second idea would be to let him know I got his check, cashed it at a check cashing place, and decided I would keep all the money to myself for my hard earned work. Of course I'd never really cash it, but I can imagine how he would feel if he assumed I did and he wouldn't see a dime of it.

I would play along, say I have the money, and respond to his email for further direction, but I don't get minutes on my monthly phone plan and couldn't afford calls to Nigeria anyway. However if someone else would like to take my place, I can get his number and give you my name so you can have fun with it.

Anyway, let me know what you think. Any ideas or suggestions are welcomed. And I apologize if this isn't the right category, or if I wrote about anything not allowed. This is my first post, and the first time I got a 419 to go this far with me.

Thanks!
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hello, welcome here, good eyes, you were on to him from the beginning.
One problem here. He has your real name, email phone? address? basicly everything and the moment you hold that fake check you could be charged with fraud and having a hell of a time defending yourself cause you stepped in it knowingly. THAT"S NOT RIGHT!

We go in under a fake name, use no Real Life info to set up a completely different character/person that can't be found. As an orange member you just get a notice that mail has arrived and only if you insist and pay (depending distance and cost) they'll sent it to your home address, easier, faster and cheaper is to get a picture of the item(s) so you know what he sent, but it was never in your possession at all.

In that way there is no connection with your life, family and no mishaps can happen.

If..... we're willing to help to get you going the safe way, have a mentor and all the answers you need.

Think about it Smile

Have fun, bait Safe

edit: read some here and you'll find we do some fun stuff, but always safe for us and other people (Innocent Third Party, ITP) and leave no ways to get caught up in something legal that could end up bad for us. Yes smart ones get the scammer arrested, but that's no easy. and not happening a lot.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey, thanks!

I was sure not to give out my real name. Usually people who want you to work outside of the website are either scammers, or people who want an email address they can spam or convince you to sign up for them for a referral bonus.

The email I used is an old email I still keep around that has a lot of spam. I use it for things I need to give an email for, that I don't completely trust. And the address is my PO box. I use to have a couple pen pals a couple years back and decided to just keep to PO lol. Which came in handy. The scammer accepted that for my address just fine, I think he was just really excited he actually got someone to keep talking to him!

This was the message I got today:

"Did you receive the check yesterday? If no, you will receive it today. I want you to take it to your bank and deposit it into your bank account as soon as you receive it and get back to me. "

Thanks for your reply bill2, you gave a lot of useful information, and I appreciate you taking the time. I definitely have a lot of learning to do, I will have to read up on some of the other threads on here and catch up to you guys Very Happy

Have a good one!
facepalmz
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I received the check today that this scammer wants to have cashed. I voided it immediately.

I was to get $400 weekly pay, but he did the typical over-pay and wants the rest sent to him. The funny thing is, is that he claimed to be from the "Christ's Ambassadors Of Charity" organization. He stated he was based in LA, California. The cell phone number he listed has an Oregon area code, and his home phone has a New Mexico area code. He wants me to send the remaining amount to a church in Florida, and the check was issued by a TV and VCR company in Michigan, lol. I don't know how these guys think people will actually fall for this crap, it's just so unorganized!

Anyway, I wrote back when I got the check thanking him because I told him my daughter was very, very ill and I have had problems affording all her medications. See here:

"Good morning, I have finished all the digests for today, all went through just fine. I also received the check in the mail just a couple minutes ago, I am going to take it to my bank right now. Who should I make a check out to after it's done? I'll send it out in the mail right away for the church in Florida.

Thanks again for hiring me. This means so much because I have a 2 year old daughter who is very sick. She needs a lot of medications and it's been hard on me to afford it. Sometimes she would go without meds for a month and would be in so much pain. Now I can get her everything she needs for a while - or as long as I am working with your team! Thank you, from my daughter also.

I will email you back shortly when I am back from the bank.

Take care!
Mark"

He replies back immediately once he learns I have the check. It usually takes several hours, even after emailing him in this same time frame. He wrote:

"Am very sorry to hear about your sick daughter and I pray that the Lord Jesus Christ will strengthen her and heal her. Let me know after you deposit the check so I can send you the name and address to send the remaining money to, ok?"

lol how rude. He knows full well he is going to scam me, and my daughter is sick (I do not actually have a daughter, just wanted to see what he would say), and he gives me a brief mentioning and quickly is back to the money - couldn't even separate paragraphs.

Anyway I have a couple of questions.

Where should I go from here?

Should I contact the business whose name is on the check to let them know their name and company is being used?

Also as I mentioned before, I voided the check. However, should I report it to anyone, or just rip it up and toss it?

Thanks.
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He has your address! Never reveal real personal details in a bait.

Drop,him for safety reasons. You can always bait him again, immediately, from another e-mail address, using a new identity.

Look into premium membership, which provides access to safe mail boxes.

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

Safari Lagos to Ghana (WIMP) by Emanuel, approx 454 miles round trip

YOU CAN GO TO HAIL - Barrister Benard Koffi

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

Hello Kitty! <--- TS certified
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic