SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Chance of getting a scammer to not withold number?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
wasname
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a scammer who I think is quite hooked. He gave an invalid IBAN, and we reported the bank said it is invalid, so I suspect he really thinks we went to the bank. He seems quite keen.

Someone was supposed to be going to the bank yesterday, but did not make the payment as there was a big queue, a long story, and the battery run out on her mobily scooter. She has told him to phone someone. He replied he did not have his number, so she has given him the number. He kept ringing last night, but does not get through. When he queried this, she told him the person only takes calls at certain times of the day, his phone is often on voicemail, and that he blocks numbers which are withheld.

Anyway, the scammer gave up last night, but this morning he has rang again, but the number is withheld, so he does not connect.

What is my chances of getting him not to withhold the number?

wasname

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=230851
View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerSkype Name
rattlesnake
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You could try a dollarchop. Thank him for calling last night with the *new* account information, and that the transfer went through successfully. Make up a fake phone number and say "this is your phone number, right?".

'i hate the fact that i come online everyday to send you emails and all i get is disappointment every time' - Silk
'keep your money ok. we dont need it. have a bless day' - Barrister Douglas Brown
'YOU ARE A BASTARD AND A FOOL' - Dr. Ugo Peters
'I WANT TO LET YOU KNOW THAT THE MAN IN THE WESTERN UNION IS A CRIMINAL AND A LOW LIFE CHEAT' - Dr. Ugo Peters
'tell your stupid prostitute step dauther never to play with the tail of a tigger' - Capt. Anita George (US Army)
The Monsignor
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am in UK and use FleXtel. Even if a Caller witholds their number, FleXtel actually discloses all of it except the last 3 digits, eg:
Quote:
002347033154xxx called at 16:25:24 on May 29 2013

What I then do is challenge the Lad by reading out his number and when I get to the last 3 digits I stop reading and say something like "You get what I mean? Stop trying to hide your number, my software shows it to me. I only do business with people who are straight and upfront. I don't trust people who try to hide things".

The Lads usually accept that I can see their number and stop hiding it.

I am deliberately vague about how I can see the number, as I don't want to educate the Lad. He just assumes that I must have some special computer programme or something.

FleXtel is also very useful when a Lad claims to be in a certain country, but hides his number. You can see (most of) it via FleXtel and if the code belongs to a different country, this tells you that he is probably lying about his geographical location. Obviously, you don't tell him that you know, but keep this information in your mind as you bait him.
wasname
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[quote="The Monsignor"]I am in UK and use FleXtel. Even if a Caller witholds their number, FleXtel actually discloses all of it except the last 3 digits, eg:

Yes, I see it 002348054778xxx, which is of course Nigeria, not Spain where he claims to be. He seems to have gone a bit cold now. I sent him a message via one of the characters

> No, he Phone Number is not going..thank

"Did you speak to Nick? Is he able to get someone to pay you today?"

His reply was a bit short, and did not include the word "payment", so it is a bit worrying. His reply was simply

"No, he Phone Number is not going..thanks"

Perhaps the club's secretary will ask tommorow if his number starts with 805, since Nick said someone has been calling him with a number starting 805, but because they are trying unsuccesfully to withhold the number, he just ignores the call.

I'm not sure how best to handle it now.

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=230851
View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerSkype Name
devil_woman
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I tell lad I am scared to answer when number withheld because of the obscene phone calls I have been getting.

Closed lad accounts 100+45:goat: Easter Egg

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic