SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

What exactly do you not understand? (Short Craigslist scam)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This was a person named K1m J@mes who responded to my Craigslist add, then answered back as H3ctor Fan@ndez. I had a hard time convincing her/him that the item was no longer for sale. Oh, I also had a hard time remembering what his name was.

Quote:
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2013 3:16 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Samsung Refrigerator w/ washer/dryer

Hi do you have the above item for sale ? kindly forward /cc your response to my email address its connected to my cell phone i can respond immediately k1mj@mess110 at gmail dotcom

Sent from my Galaxy S®III

I figured already this was a scam feeler email, but responded anyways just in case:

Quote:
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 9:13 AM
To: 'k1mj@[email protected]'
Subject: Refrigerator for Sale

Yes, I do still have it for sale.

Now, Kim becomes Hector and has a different email address.

Quote:
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2013 4:18 AM
Subject: Re: Refrigerator for Sale

Thanks for the swift response, just to let you know that am okay with the condition and price of the item, am ready for its purchase and am willing to add an extra $50 to the asking price to secure the purchase as am really interested in the purchase my form of payment will be by sending you Check via USPS express mail delivery.

I'll be responsible for the pick-up and the pick up money will be included in your payment to avoid delay and to enable pick up company to schedule an appropriate time for he pick-up at your location after check has been cashed and fully cleared your bank,as i have other properties to be moved alongside with yours.

I would have really love to come for the viewing and pay in person by cash but due to my work frame that might not be possible i work in the mining industry and have a one week off and 3 weeks none stop to work in the mine this was why i incurred the service of a pick up agent,so if if you have the pics that might be an option .Please do get back to me with your full name and address including your cell and land number to facilitate the mailing of the payment.

Many Thanks

OK, obviously the check fraud scam. I don't feel up to baiting currently, but lets have some fun with the reply:

Quote:
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2013 8:21 AM
To: ‘[email protected]
Subject: RE: Refrigerator for Sale

Dear Hector Fanandez,

It's interesting to know you work in the mining industry. I have many relatives who work in the mining industry, so you all have a lot in common. Have you ever seen the movie Silent Hill? That was about a coal mining town that dug too deep into the earth and they ended up releasing some kind of demonic plague upon the town, and everyday these demons would appear and begin killing the townspeople. Right before the demons appeared, a siren would go off warning everyone, and the entire town (or what was left of it) would scurry to the church for safety (or so they thought). It turns out, the lady minister who was running the church was actually helping the demons out by summoning them, and offering sacrifices to them for her guaranteed safety. I think this movie was based on a true story, so please make sure you don’t dig too deep and release any kind of plague upon mankind. There was also another story about these dwarves that dug too deep, because let's face it, every dwarf I've ever known has been nothing but a greedy, glittery-eyed fool always seeking the next gemstone; diamonds, rubies, etc. But anyway, these dwarves dug too deep into the mines of Moria, and they released a Balrog, which ended up killing Gandalf (or so we thought), but he wasn't really killed, he ended up doing battle with the beast from Hades and defeated it, thus earning himself a brand spanking new White Robe, and he became known as Gandalf the White. But when Aragorn called him Gandalf in Fangorn Forest, Gandalf said that's a name he hasn't been known by for many years, because his real name was Mithrandir, which I'm not sure what that means, but I think it translates into "Man who falls into deep hole, fights Demon, changes his grey robes for white ones, get's a shiny new white staff, and walks the world as a powerful wizard, yet never shows any wizardry powers", or something to that effect. I would be interested in knowing what your name "Hector Fanandez" translates to, so if you have that information, please let me know.

Oh, look at me rambling on and on. I don't get to talk to many people these days, so when I do, I tend to go on and on about meaningless subjects such as movies and demons and mines and dwarves, and what not. Sometimes I almost forget the reason why I was even talking to someone to begin with. Luckily, I haven't forgotten why you emailed me. And, I'm sorry, but the refrigerator has already been sold. I ended up selling it to someone much like yourself, except this person is currently overseas working on the oil pipeline, and can't come to pick the item up either, so he has also arranged for a shipping agent to take care of the shipping. He's a little more generous though, as he's offered to include an extra $250 for my trouble. All I have to do is cash his check when it arrives and forward the remaining balance to his shipping agent in Baltimore, who for some reason, wants me to send the money via Western Union to a man in Ghana. Weird!!! But, whatever, as long as I get my money, he gets his refrigerator, and hopefully, you won't release any plague upon mankind with your mining operations, and the world will be a much better place, for you, and me, just wait and see!

Thank you for your inquiry, and thank you for listening!

Doug UpDegrave

He doesn't seem to understand that I've already sold the item to another scammer.

Quote:
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2013 10:18 AM

okay am okay with price you just send me mailing address for check okay and I send you the check for payment .Please do get back with you full name and address including you cell and land number okay .Then you will cash check and subtract the money for your item and rest will go to my shipping agent which I include in the check for shipping okay .You contact my shipping agent to confirm payment but due to my work frame is not possible for me to pick up okay .Do get back to me with your full name and address including cell and land number okay I send you payment for item.

OK, one more attempt to set him straight:

Quote:
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2013 11:46 AM

Dear Hector Gonzales,

There seems to be some confusion here. The item is no longer for sale, okay? Someone else has offered me a better price, okay? Therefore, it will not be necessary for me to send you my full name and address including my cell and land number, okay?

Thank you,

Vic Torious

There, that should do it. Right?

Quote:
Sent: Friday, June 21, 04:11 AM

Please do get back to me ASAP with your full name and address including cell and land number to facilitate payment okay .I just need you name and address this is worry free okay I will take care of shipping with my shipping agent you will subtract your payment and give the remaining to my shipping agent okay.

Nope, I guess not! OK fine, just send me your money.

Quote:
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2013 8:03 AM

Dear Ferdinand DelTorrez,

Okay you win. Here are my complete details:

Full name: Sam Iam
Address: 419 Iamsam Drive
Greeneggs Andham, CA
Cell: (419) 555-9856

I anxiously await your payment and shipping agent contact. However, I must let you know that your shipping agent will not be able to ship the item to you as I have already sold it to someone else. Please expedite your payment.

Thank you,

Sam Iam

Now, I think he understands.

Quote:
Sent: Friday, June 21, 9:39 AM

You are fool .do not contact me anymore.
[/quote]

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic