SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

How much does it cost a scammer to call me these days?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
JokerBill
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So a new scambaiter here. Recently, I've gotten a scammer to call me.

I just bought like a $2 sim card and have a spare mobile phone.

The thing I found weird was how eager he was to ring me. Like he rang me after just a few emails back and forth.

And since then, he's probably tried to ring me about like 40-50 times (I've only picked up a few times cause I always have it on silent), but usually it goes to voice mail so I imagine he would have to pay some sort of flagfall fee.

This is like a loan scam and he pretty just wants me to pay my $110 processing fee to process the loan. So yeah, I was just wondering how much does it actually cost to ring an international number from nigeria?

Doing some research on Skype, it looks like to call an Australian mobile, it's 27 cents per minute and 13 cents for flagfall.

I imagine that would be the maximum they would pay. So I was wondering do most scammers generally just use Skype or some sort of VOIP plan to call me? Or are they much more organized and have banded together and got some sort of like unlimited plan where their phone and internet usage is free?

Just wondering what the best way to waste these guy's time and resources without having to put in too much effort myself!
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello and welcome Smile

They may well be paying that, they usually have some money if not tons of the stuff (I can't see loan lads being big guys really as they are pretty short-run scams). On the other hand they are very good at finding international call plans and international dialling schemes that allow them to call foreign mobiles for pretty reasonable rates. Skype with outgoing cal ID is good for this as well.

Sounds like your lad is well hooked, phone conversations are a great convincer and you will get a long way by letting him call you. Thumbs up

JokerBill
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

YEah he seems very gullible. I also have a feeling he might have internet on his phone or something cause he always calls me fairly quickly when I tell him that something's gone wrong and i need to speak to him etc. I'm not good at recognizing voices but he sounds like the same person to me.

just wondering is there a way to figure out what he's using etc. by his phone number?

he generally calls me on the same number although a few times it's been different.

they are

+2348140033850 (this is the most common one)
+2348182279451
+2347058445493
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic