SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Travel Booking Scam

View next topic
View previous topic

Sgt.Billy
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 3:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Any info on the perps behind this one?

To: xxxxxx.com
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 12:22 PM
Subject: booking....

Greetings,

We want to book for Diving trip , for our oncoming
Vacation.
Date 10th August to 20th August 2013, with 2 dives per day.

We are six in number.All divers with Certification Card, as well as log book.

Let me know the rate and total cost for six persons for 10 days diving with all equipment.

Mode of payment: Credit card

I await to hear from you soon

Kindest Regards
Princess Ada
Tel +447045742307

Mod edit to redact personal email as it leads back to real life information - JF
lakeside77
A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This is a follow up to the PM I sent you earlier.
I google'd the phone number and got a few returns from others who got basically the same email you got, only it was tailored to their particular businesses. The MO is for them to send you a (stolen) credit card number and ask you to charge the card an amount well over the cost of your services. They then ask you to send the surplus amount to their "agent" via Western Union.
The chances of finding out who is behind this are remote. As best I could tell looking at IP addresses in scam emails with the same phone number, they are coming from Panama.

Closed lad accounts x21 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
Juan Freizwidatt
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I edited your post to remove your email as it reveals your real life information. We are very cautious about security here.

As Lakeside says, this is a very common credit card scam. It can play out in various ways, either overpaying and asking you to pay a supposed agent, or airline, or hotel, or whatever fake recipient. Or they will cancel and ask for a full refund -- by Western Union, not a credit issued to their card, which is a stolen number anyway.

One important rule of thumb to bear in mind with any inquiry like this: if the person deliberately overpays, or requests money by Western Union, it is a scam. Period. No question.

Please read this description at our sister site, scamwarners.com, for a more detailed explanation.

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

"please if you want your funds just pay me,!! pay me!! pay me!!"

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic