SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Hotmail gives true sender IP address. FAQ says use Hotmail !

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
wasname
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I started my first scam bait a few years ago, when I think I wasted around $250 of my lads money on phone & FAX callls, as he tried to rip off a radio ham. He told me one FAX cost him about $50 !!! (It was 14 pages sent to an expensive 070 number in the UK. It was good fun, but I've not done any serious scam baiting since then. I used Hotmail at the time, having verified Hotmail did not send my IP address.

Something sparked my interest to have another go at scam baiting, so once again deceided to be a radio ham looking to buy kit. I used my old hotmail address, but then I noticed Hotmail was sending my real IP address. At that point I decided to use a proxy server to continute the scam bait. But once this one is over, I will change to another email service. I'll check out gmail or blumail or any other that withholds my IP.

It seems a bad idea for hte FAQ to suggest using Hotmail, when Hotmail sends the true IP address. It's probably not such an issue for someone with a dynamic IP, but for anyone with a static IP like myself, it is not a good idea.

wasname
View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerSkype Name
next victim
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome back wasname! I think I recall reading your Ham baits a while back. Hotmail has changed some things and do not seem very baiter friendly any longer.

Gmail works fine and is very easy to sign up for. Occasionally you will get the sign in that wants a phone or something to verify you with. Just close it out and try again anther day. It is just a random thing that happens.

Sand Timer Hana, Flip It, G spot, Rosy, Cynthia
Cellphone - web store
Just read the posting on Eater. You are one sick motherf****r! Smile-Alan
"The skull with bunny ears was a good enough warning" - Nailgunner
mentors- http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php
This Derick moral monster! From http:/ /scamnewss.wordpress.com/2011/10/14/derrick-ratt-scammer-beware/ Vlad blog
http://tinyurl.com/btf7872 - Toolbox
wasname
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

next victim wrote:
Welcome back wasname! I think I recall reading your Ham baits a while back.

Yes, I had some good fun. I generated a nice long form for him to FAX, which he FAXed two or three times as I pointed out there were errors. I should write it all up in the appropiate forum. He finally called it a day after the MTCN fault. He rang Western Union who did not know anything about it. I pointed out the radio club had set it up, but I could not get him to go any further. He never sussed for 100% I was winding him up, although he suspected it.

Quote:
Hotmail has changed some things and do not seem very baiter friendly any longer.

No, they do not.

I think the FAQ needs changing in this case.
Do you know the best person to contact to get the FAQ changed?

I suspect 99.99% of scammers are unlikely to be tracing IP addresses, but it was not a chance I was keen to take having a fixed one. I'm using a proxy server in the USA now. But I was given the account on a Linux server for another purpose, so it's not a great idea for me to use it as a Proxy on a long-term basis.

Quote:
Gmail works fine and is very easy to sign up for.

I do have a gmail account, but it is not for scam baiting. I will set up another one, and check it does not give the IP address.

wasname
View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerSkype Name
next victim
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Gmail headers look like this

Received: by 10.58.18.235 with SMTP id z11csp621737ved;
Thu, 1 Nov 2012 08:18:42 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.60.171.164 with SMTP id av4mr34520628oec.59.1351783122169;
Thu, 01 Nov 2012 08:18:42 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from mail-oa0-f67.google.com (mail-oa0-f67.google.com [209.85.219.67])
by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id g3si6563628obb.66.2012.11.01.08.18.42
(version=TLSv1/SSLv3 cipher=OTHER);
Thu, 01 Nov 2012 08:18:42 -0700 (PDT)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 209.85.219.67 as permitted sender) client-ip=209.85.219.67;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 209.85.219.67 as permitted sender) [email protected]; dkim=pass [email protected]
Received: by mail-oa0-f67.google.com with SMTP id n12so405570oag.6
for < >; Thu, 01 Nov 2012 08:18:42 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 10.182.45.8 as permitted sender) client-ip=10.182.45.8
Received: from mr.google.com ([10.182.45.8])
by 10.182.45.8 with SMTP id i8mr34354556obm.64.1351783121710 (num_hops = 1);
Thu, 01 Nov 2012 08:18:41 -0700 (PDT)
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;
d=gmail.com; s=20120113;
h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to
:content-type;
bh=1Zy31g5SD66PhGc3D2jETKAD8CxxFjXJ837eHygJWts=;
b= ==
MIME-Version: 1.0
Received: by 10.182.45.8 with SMTP id i8mr34354556obm.64.1351783121705; Thu,
01 Nov 2012 08:18:41 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.182.19.197 with HTTP; Thu, 1 Nov 2012 08:18:41 -0700 (PDT)
In-Reply-To: <CAKt-Ye=42EcTnHwUK4LyvLGKYdGE6UwNNtkuGUCw2E4mjn2QDw@mail.gmail.com>
References: <CAKt-Ye=4 @mail.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 15:18:41 +0000
Message-ID: <CAGr937L7-RaQ7zwckeujx2oFDONRZNgZx+0mD5asZxUkJ9_Btg@mail.gmail.com>
Subject: Re:

Sand Timer Hana, Flip It, G spot, Rosy, Cynthia
Cellphone - web store
Just read the posting on Eater. You are one sick motherf****r! Smile-Alan
"The skull with bunny ears was a good enough warning" - Nailgunner
mentors- http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php
This Derick moral monster! From http:/ /scamnewss.wordpress.com/2011/10/14/derrick-ratt-scammer-beware/ Vlad blog
http://tinyurl.com/btf7872 - Toolbox

Last edited by next victim on Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
vonpaso xlura
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hotmail recently started encrypting the IP address. We don't know how they encrypt it; if they tell anyone, it's just big ISPs. Of course, you can hide your IP address with Tor. I use Tor for most of my web browsing, including baiting.

There's more to being baiter friendly than hiding your IP address. More important is that the mail hoster doesn't delete baiter accounts when scammers complain. It's good practice to put a message in drafts explaining that this is a baiter account. Include a link to one of your published baits if you have some.

×186
Safari Accra - SH Cotonou
you are a fake people so do not ever write to me again.
Am mad at you right now ... Am tired of your questions ... Am sick and tire you and your bank
Nigerian pig . go swallow a grenade idiot. Boko Haram will solve your problem idiot .
you are big fool by send a fake payment information and never you contact me again asshole .
your passgae bearing your ATM CATD ... Ant Terrorist Certificate ... legal verterbrate ... expartiate your meaning ... gets to your dwaignted address ... successful ofghw transfer
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Click on the link at the top of the page under Partner Websites that says "Track IP Address." Input your IP address. See what it tells you.

Unless you live in a tiny town and have a static IP address, it tells you a whole heck of a lot of nothing, at least nothing that would pose any danger to you if a scammer wasn't too lazy to type it in to find out.

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bearkat419 wrote:
Click on the link at the top of the page under Partner Websites that says "Track IP Address." Input your IP address. See what it tells you.

Unless you live in a tiny town and have a static IP address

I do have a static IP, which is probably why it concerns me more than most. But why the hell reccomend something when there are safer alternatives?

wasname
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

With all respect, I think that you may be getting confused. Although here it states:

Quote:
Well, there are plenty of web based free email services you can use. Of course the first one the comes to mind is Hotmail

You can also read here:

Quote:
We recommend "baiting safely" which means, ideally, an email account that strips out your originating IP address.

However, I also have a static IP address, and it points to the small town where I live. But I will still sometimes use webmail accounts which reveal my IP address. One lad and I even had a little chat about it (my character was supposed to be living in another country, so I told him it was a satellite IP address). I'm not worried. I'm nothing like my characters, so even if a lad came hunting for a teenage au pair or a retired ex-businessman, he certainly isn't going to think that I am either of those people.

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
Raga Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi there, wasname! Good to see you back with us again.

Nurse Nastys Audi TT + Sand Timer (15 mo.) David Holt (will eat your flesh for money)
"there is something fishery going on", "You people are all Junks", E. Kaba
"Go and face your dumb life", J. Mathin
"You are not well trained as a human being...", M. Tony
"...there are thieves and kackers and postal pilferers in africa...", E. Didier. Shocked Who knew?
music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My IP is 94.193.129.3. Please find me.

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
Karl_Ranseier
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^

Here you are:

rowIand 0bimdike: YOU MUST BE CRAZY AND MAD. GO TO HELL SON OF A BITCH LIKE YOU. DON'T EVER WRITE ME AGAIN. YOU THINK YOU CAN JOKE WITH ME. EVEN I DID NOT GO TO THE HOTEL. I JUST WROTE TO YOU THAT I WENT BUT I DIDN'T. I AM ON MY HOME. SO GO AND PICH UP YOUR ROUTHLESS MOTHER AT THE AIRPORT.
So you where not really at the hotel? Easter Egg 2013
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My IP is 76.31.86.97
I'm tempted to use it in a tattoo bait
I've checked. You will not arrive at my door by following any info obtained from it.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic