SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

DEA Extortion Scam

View next topic
View previous topic

lumberman
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

First, I would like to say hello to all here. This is my first post.
I found this forum by looking up how to scam the scammers. The Mr. Bukkake story had me hooked.

I could use some advice. I was the intended victim of this extortion scam. I saw only one old post on this site describing the situation. The audio links are since dead.

The caller was rather convincing at first and, I must admit, had me going for a considerable amount of time. I kept my wits about me and through probing, determined that it was not legit by the inability of the "agent" to provide an email address which forced me to Google the phone number. I called my local DEA office to explain the situation and was referred to a number in Washington to call. I did and have yet to receive a reply - 7 days.

I was so angry I decided to go vigilante. This is where the advice comes in. I thought that I could flood their magic jack line with false calls using *67 to tie them up and hopefully prevent others from going through this potential nightmare. It seemed to have worked somewhat. The "leader" finally answered my final call himself. I could go on about this conversation but wont unless others are interested.

In essence, I would like to know anyone's thoughts as to my foolishness in having assumed that *67 was an absolute protection and if an attack by many people on these phone numbers might bring some of these scammers to their knees.
next victim
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to the board! Always great to have more willing to help this cause. We are always interested in people messing with these guys, but first and foremost is your safety. If he has real information on you and you are using your name, even with *67, you are not safe baiting.

It is hard to guess with minimal posting like this but you have posted once already and are eligible for the mentor program. Link is in my sig line. Most are kind of rotten and don't charge much if you pay by western union but they are invaluable to beginners in this.

Read the articles in Eater University, the stickies in H,H & T, and find your comfort in a truly fake character or 20. Most of all, have fun and bait safe!

Sand Timer Hana, Flip It, G spot, Rosy, Cynthia
Cellphone - web store
Just read the posting on Eater. You are one sick motherf****r! Smile-Alan
"The skull with bunny ears was a good enough warning" - Nailgunner
mentors- http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php
This Derick moral monster! From http:/ /scamnewss.wordpress.com/2011/10/14/derrick-ratt-scammer-beware/ Vlad blog
http://tinyurl.com/btf7872 - Toolbox
Big X
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you PM me the phone number, I can make sure he gets plenty of phone calls from his fellow scammers.

Flag PakistanUnited Arab EmiratesSaudi ArabiaTurkeyChinaKorean FlagJapanThailandVietnam FlagCambodia FlagFilipino flagMalaysiaIndonesiaAustraliaNew ZealandSouth AfricaKenyaNigeriaGhanacameroonBeninTogoIvory Coast x15,466
Safari Parti Boi: Lagos-Natitingou
Safari Rev Ozzy: Warri-Lome-Cotonou
Safari Woody: Accra-Singapore
Safari Archie: Abuja-Niamey
Sand Timer John Well, Rev Ozzy, Lil Richard, Zenith Bank, Archie x2
Joker
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ What he said. Send details to this wicked man, make inquiries within. Twisted Evil

lumberman wrote:
I was so angry I decided to go vigilante. This is where the advice comes in. I thought that I could flood their magic jack line with false calls using *67 to tie them up and hopefully prevent others from going through this potential nightmare. It seemed to have worked somewhat. The "leader" finally answered my final call himself. I could go on about this conversation but wont unless others are interested.

In essence, I would like to know anyone's thoughts as to my foolishness in having assumed that *67 was an absolute protection and if an attack by many people on these phone numbers might bring some of these scammers to their knees.

Nice phreaking. That method should be safe assuming your carrier uses that method. It SHOULD block your number to any caller ID but that being said it is in no way private. It definitely doesn't make you the James Bond of the phone world but to track through it.... you would almost have to have government level toys and search warrants to do this. I would hazard a guess that your scammer has neither.

As far as your conversation with him though, that could have given away your identity if he remembered your voice with respect to who he was calling. If he knows who you are sit back, read up, get a mentor here, and go back at it a learned man after knowing 100% you're safe.

Big X
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just sent the number to 350 lads. And I will follow up on those who send me their formats in response. He should get some calls. Twisted Evil

Flag PakistanUnited Arab EmiratesSaudi ArabiaTurkeyChinaKorean FlagJapanThailandVietnam FlagCambodia FlagFilipino flagMalaysiaIndonesiaAustraliaNew ZealandSouth AfricaKenyaNigeriaGhanacameroonBeninTogoIvory Coast x15,466
lumberman
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Most calls were not answered - went to voice mail. They were looking for actual # ID's. After I realized the voice mail could detect silence I made noise. Better to have them waste time going through and wasting their mailbox.

I would typically use different voices. I'm a bit like Rich Little. Don't think they really could figure it out. Hell, one call answered, I had him convinced I was Mr. Stan Snuffalupugus. Gave him a call back number for the folks he claimed to represent. They didn't answer for a while after that one.

All in all I think I was not figured out. Not a smart move on my part in retrospect. If he knew who I was I think he would have pointed the fact out to me. There would have been no better way for me to stop my attack than threaten one on his part.

Regardless, I need to be careful and safe. That's why I'm here!
Big X
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^ Not a problem for our purposes. I told the lads to leave a message if "I" don't pick the phone, and I will encourage them to keep calling back. Hopefully it will waste the caller's phone credits, the recipient's time, and just generally annoy both of them.

thedevguy67

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This scam has been making the round in the US, here is a link for information

http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/pubs/pressreleases/extortion_scam.htm

I have a sex dull that will f*ck you till dead - Stanley Lee
You are dirty and castrated Goat - CC Jones
Go f*ck yourself because I know your mum is sucking Satan's penis - Peggy Paiser
You must be high on your mother's frozen menstruation! - Victor Evans

Jolly Roger Safari United States United States United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Ghana Nigeria Togo South Africa
Mortar x12 Golden Pig Closed lad accounts X 2340 X 100s
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater, lumberman. I'm sorry to hear you were targeted by this. It doesn't sound like Advance Fee fraud, however, so beyond the scope of what we do here. While it matches the "death threat" type of extortion email scams we do see, it's not perpetuated over the internet so there's not much we can do to chip in and help. Essentially, it's not really baitable and I don't think abusing the Magic Jack number will do much other than maybe get the scammer to switch numbers. Have you listed a complaint anywhere online, including the number, so that it will show up in searches for others?

No offense intended, but I'm not comfortable with you simply sending a phone number to our members to abuse, without being able to provide any other evidence of a scam.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Big X
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ To me this seems no different than a hitlad. "Send money overseas by WU or the DEA will bust down your door."

I think it's still baitable, if only by my phone chain modality. Magic Jack numbers are expensive to purchase and expensive to call.

And as for evidence, I called the number myself last night with the same *67 procedure as described, just to make sure before I bombed it. It's definitely dirty.

lumberman
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

HI Ima,

Yes, I did post the number on various sites. Many people had posted before me w/the same issue. Upon googling the # I was able to determine that it was an extortionist. I'm assuming Big X looked up the # prior to doing anything. I will stick with the internet for now. It is much safer. However, these guys are really bad and I don't want them to put others through this misery. I researched their scam thoroughly prior to my phone blitz and found that some people were so terrified they ended their lives because of the fear.
Nailgunner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ this is not unheard of with fraud victims. A quick google will find several victims in England who have comitted suicide after being robbed blind by scammers. there are many more worldwide. You really can't play down the severity of the situation they find themselves in. This is why we do what we do.

lakeside77
A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Haven't we seen this kind of scam has been baited before? See http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=209094 and http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=207324

Closed lad accounts x24 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
Agent1002
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

MJ can be traced if you get them on the line and you are using MJ also. SIP connections are routed initially through MJ servers for number lookup and to ring the party. Once connected, the connection is peer to peer. Look for traffic on Port 5070 or 5071 with network tools if you are up on that. If you call from any other phone, it doesn't work as the call goes from the Phone Co to MJ servers to him. You can't then see his IP.

MJ does not do SMS. Many times a lad will give me his US cell phone while at the airport. I use GV and send him the info he wants in a SMS.. It will bounce as undeliverable. Tell him you sent the MTCN in a SMS message.. Loads of fun.

Internet Security Team

Agent 1002

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic