SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Warning about student 'money mules'

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
agnomen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Article on the BBC today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21578985

Closed lad accounts x21 from 1st bait and counting Sand Timer Sand Timer Sand Timer Sand Timer Apr 2012 - present 4 years months (includes 3 month hiatus due to boredom) "circling in one circle over one year now something must be going wrong”
x5 Easter Egg 2013
Mortar x1
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A good explanation of how it works. A lot of people think its just about receiving dud cheques - here its taking the risk for the fraudsters as the victim sends you the money, and you send most of it on to the lad.

When the music stops, its your door that the police turn up at.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Padfoot
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My goodness! It's odd that I've read this because just the other day I heard about a girl who was approached by someone to do something quite similar - they said all she had to do was receive a wire transfer to her bank account and then hand over most of it in cash. It sounded innocent enough, but she was sure something bad was involved.

Closed lad accounts (Orphanage Lad x1)
Closed lad accounts (Recovery Lad x2)
Easter Egg 2013
---
"I am very plain and very honest." - Kelly

"Honestly I Love you and I do think of you as you think of me. Far from it that I am only interested in your money, No it is a lie." - Kelly

"I believe srtongly in the adage that says ''A word is enough for the wise''. Hence,if you believe in what I told you in my previous email to you then you should follow my insturctions and do what I told you, if not; then follow your heart." - Dr W. Kabore
---
Surplus emails are my life, basically.
TerranceBoyce
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been at SW a lot recently over this scam which is being pushed hard by organised scammers. Undoubtedly there's African involvement from some of the wordings used, but it's large scale organised fraud and close to 100 websites must have been unearthed recently, and much better quality than the average Lad concoction.

Members here and at SW have been doing a fine job shooting the sites down and I think the site builders have become quite dispirited, but the amount of work they're putting in to the scam is worrying. Apart from the websites they've got some neat methods to get potential victim details and I may do some research checking quite how they do it in detail.

These aren't individual Lads arranging the websites, scam spam runs and phone calls and e-mails, of that I'm certain.

Most of the pyments I've seen have come in to accounts electronically, which is a surprise. Though they have attempted, in some versions to get the mules online log in details, and some have handed them over Shocked , there must be another method they're managing to perform online payments - and by common sense, logical deduction and balance of probabilities, there's only one method I can think of, but i won't mention it, as I'm sure that those who should know are already aware.

"I have not hard form you, the so called G0MER is a thief" Loan Lad who appeared to be expecting more than just money
"I go faint if una nor help me" Loan Lad
"We bring to your humble knowledge that you should mind your ill mannered language you use to the public" Lotto Lad
"I am not interested in fraudulent matters you are trying to engage me in stealing" 419 scammer
"Your nurse is trying to do something evil i must warn you"
BearSeason
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Though they have attempted, in some versions to get the mules online log in details, and some have handed them over

You'd be surprised at what people will do when they are desperate for a job. The state of California recently had to pass a law banning employers from asking a job applicant for the password to their Facebook account. Now that deserves a Shocked .

U 2 go fuck yourself ! I don't need the money and stop emailing me please / BASTARD!!!! / fuck ur family
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Where all the cool kids are.</a>
Closed lad accounts x 47 Mortar x 2 x 2 Easter Egg 2013
TerranceBoyce
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.cifas.org.uk/moneymulescams_feb

Quote:
CIFAS, the UK’s Fraud Prevention Service

Quote:
Online job seekers are being used as unwitting "money mules" and are being asked to misuse their bank accounts by laundering money through them. Misuse of an account was the second most commonly identified fraud in 2012 – with over 45,000 confirmed instances, many of which bear the hallmarks of such “money mule” activity.

Providers are legally required to close accounts that are used to launder money and can be heavily fined by international regulators if they fail to do so........ At worst you [mules] could go to prison for it......

"I have not hard form you, the so called G0MER is a thief" Loan Lad who appeared to be expecting more than just money
"I go faint if una nor help me" Loan Lad
"We bring to your humble knowledge that you should mind your ill mannered language you use to the public" Lotto Lad
"I am not interested in fraudulent matters you are trying to engage me in stealing" 419 scammer
"Your nurse is trying to do something evil i must warn you"
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic