SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

First time doing this, wondering how well I did.

View next topic
View previous topic

sdrawkcabsti
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This isn’t epic baiting or anything but I’m happy with it. I had a table on craigslist and received a number of emails that all went into my spam folder. I wasn’t getting too many responses and so thinking that perhaps my spam filter was filtering too much I started checking them. There was about 3 or 4 from different address (seemingly), but the message was always almost identical. I decided to reply to one just for the hell of it to see what would happen. I told "Mr David" that, yes I still have the table. Anyway, here is a copy of our back and forth. I am wondering if you all think I handled it O.k., and looking for any feedback. His is red, and mine…well, isn’t. I didn't include the email address until the last one in order to save a little space. I hope I did the formatting stuff correct.
Hi,
I received your email stating that your table is still available for sale. I would like to know the lowest price you would go for it.

I would have been happy to travel down for the payment and pick-up myself, but I just relocated due to an urgent project. However, my accountant can easily send a Personal Check to you on my behalf and you will receive payment within 3 business days. Arrangements have also been made with a truck driver who will come for the pick up of the table at your address or any public address of your choice. I'll appreciate it if you consider it sold to us via this means.

We will only come for pick up after you have received the Check and they have been duly processed at your Bank. I would like to know how your name should appear on the Check and what valid residential or office address should we mail it to. We are ready to make payment as soon as we get your mailing details. Thanks for selling it to us via this medium.

Mr David

The lowest price would be 150.00

Hello,
I am fine with the price of $150 and ready to make payment asap. Are you ok with the mode of payment, if yes then pls make available a valid address where we can send the Personal check to, and how your name should appear on it. Like i said in my previous email, we will only come for the pick up after they have been duly processed at your bank.
Thanks

Mr David

Make the check out to Barney Fife. The address is (I gave him the police department address). I am going out of town next week, so when will you be sending the check, and when do you want to pick up the table? I may have to arrange to have someone else meet you, depending on how soon we can wrap this up.

I got your email with the details to where the payment for your table (Personal Check) would be sent to. Consider it sold by removing the ad from the classified site.

I forwarded your mailing details to my accountant, and he told me a few minutes later that he has sent the Personal Check to your mailing address, and would be delivered in about 2 business days. My accountant was in a rush out so he sent a total of $2390. he merged your table payment with the truck drivers expenses.
Once you receive the payment package in your mail, you go to your bank, cash or make a next day deposit, you then deduct the exact amount for your table, plus $50 inconvenience fee for holding the table for us, you then assist in sending the remaining funds to the Truck Driver via Western Union Money Transfer. The driver would be coming to your location or any public place for the pick up of the table after receiving the funds. I hope i can trust that you will send the Drivers funds in due time so he can come for the pickup as soon as he receives the payment from you.

Pls acknowledge that you have received this email and will be on the lookout for the package. I would also like you to provide a number where you can be reached, or a number where you can receive text messages on. Thanks

Mr David

I got your email and removed the ad. I suppose I can get you the $2190 ( $2330 - $150 -$50) once I get the check. I have text disabled on my phone so just send me the Western Union details in an email. I've never really done that before so I need some instructions.

(Note: After a few days he hadn’t responded so I figured the whole non-text thing scared him off, but I sent him another email.)

I haven't heard from you so I wanted to make sure you received my last email. I am assuming the check will be here Monday, but I want to confirm it was sent. As I said I'm going out of town and time is going to be kind of tight. I want to make sure I have time to return the difference and be done with this before I head out of town.

To:
Sent: Thursday, February 7, 2013 8:29 AM
Subject: {{{ Table Payment Processing }}}

Payment for your table (Personal Checks) has been sent to you. As soon as you receive the package in your mail, pls follow processing instructions carefully so we can set up a pick up date asap and wrap up the sale. The package contains a total payment of $2,390.

===HOW TO FILL THE PERSONAL CHECKS===
The Personal Checks has 2 sections

The 1st section {writes pay to}.....in this space you are to fill in your full names and address.
The 2nd section {writes from}.....in this space you are to fill in my name and address:

Name: DAVID BAILEY
Addy: 2351 WHITELEAF WAY CANTON, GA 30115

Once you receive the package in your mail, you take them to your bank and cash or make a next day deposit. You then deduct the exact amount for your table, plus $50 inconvenience fee for holding the table, you then go to the closest Western Union outlet and send the remaining funds to the Truck Driver via Western Union Money Transfer. The driver would be coming to your location or any public place for the pick up of the table after receiving the funds.

In summary, you deduct the amount for your table + $50 + Western Union Money Transfer charges and send the rest to the Driver. Here are the details of the Truck Driver who you will be sending the funds to:

Name: Christopher Bostic
Addy: 1111 S Main St
City: Marion
State: Virginia
zip code: 24354

After sending the funds to him via Western Union Money Transfer, You are to get back to me with the wire transfer details below:

1. The exact amount sent
2. Money Transfer Control Number(MTCN)
3. Senders Full Name/ Address on the receipt

Thanks
Mr David

Ok. so this is my last email to Mr David. I am assuming I won't have to ever here from this guy ever again.>>>>

There may be some delay getting you the difference. I believe you were given the wrong mailing address. I think I know what happened. I had my assistant at work make my reply for me regarding payment and where to send it. I had given her a list of things to do for me including several other correspondences I wished her to take care of. Unfortunately she was in a rush as well and it seems she managed to get two of the addresses I had written down for her mixed up. In reviewing that email, it appears she in fact did use ******* street as the mailing address.. She was responding to my good friend detective ***** concerning a charity event we are attending. I needed to mail some t-shirts and things for him and some of the other detectives. ****** street is in fact the address of our local Police Department. I called Terry and asked him to keep an eye out for your letter. I also asked if he wouldn’t mind running a check, on your check, once he gets it just to make sure everything seemed legitimate, considering all the scams and dishonest people that can be associated with Craigslist. I am sure this will not be a problem and consider it just a formality but it will put my mind at ease. Once we have determined that there isn’t a problem I will be in touch. (Or they will, depending…) Thank you for your patience in this matter and have a great day.
Karl_Ranseier
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You handled this 'Overpayment Scam' quite well.

Next time avoid the usage of an real address. Even a police department is an 'Innocent Third Party'

Aside of this flaw: Well Done! Very Happy

rowIand 0bimdike: YOU MUST BE CRAZY AND MAD. GO TO HELL SON OF A BITCH LIKE YOU. DON'T EVER WRITE ME AGAIN. YOU THINK YOU CAN JOKE WITH ME. EVEN I DID NOT GO TO THE HOTEL. I JUST WROTE TO YOU THAT I WENT BUT I DIDN'T. I AM ON MY HOME. SO GO AND PICH UP YOUR ROUTHLESS MOTHER AT THE AIRPORT.
So you where not really at the hotel? Easter Egg 2013
BRUIN
419eater charity case

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sign up for premium membership to 419eater! It gives you access to safe drop boxes where you can receive checks and other items from your mugu.

If you do receive a check from an overpayment scammer, bear in mind that the check may represent a REAL victim! Pass all information on to the mods immediately. They can contact the appropriate authorities and make sure any real victim gets warned.

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

Safari Lagos to Ghana (WIMP) by Emanuel, approx 454 miles round trip

YOU CAN GO TO HAIL - Barrister Benard Koffi

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

Hello Kitty! <--- TS certified

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic