SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Should you tell your friends/family that your scambaiting?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Li scam bait
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Is this a good idea or just keep it secret?
4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Mods don't come and eliminate you if you tell someone you are a scambaiter, at least not yet Wink. It's down to the individual. Telling people about baiting in a way can be good because it can lead to discussions about 419 among your family/mates that could be of educational value. 419 scams can only thrive in ignorance, the more people are aware of the format and can see the signs the better.

On another note you have to take into account how not telling someone may affect your friendship/relationship as I found out recently to my peril as it did cause some friction between me and my wife. My wife knows, as I live with her I can hardly keep it a secret and naturally she became curious as to why I had a phone other than the one she knew about and why I would go to another room and shut the door to answer. Naturally you could imagine where her mind was going with this one and I think, to be honest, after confronting me she was quite relieved to know I was talking to criminals as opposed to a 'bit on the side.' You can see how people caught in 419 scams who are told to keep everything 'top secret' can lose their loved ones when they enter this secretive world as it breeds suspicion.

Unless you are specifically asked to keep some aspect of baiting secret everything else is available for public consumption.

You will have to munch the statistics of the transfer so I can give to them - Mr. James Hessom Hessom

If not that you only hide behind computer and be playing prawns with us - Benny Clifford

Pith Helmet France - Luxembourg

Closed lad accounts x26 - 2012 Closed lad accounts x258 - 2013
Closed lad accounts x263 - 2014 Closed lad accounts x160 - 2015
Closed lad accounts x204 & x1 - 2016
Closed lad accounts x177 - 2017 Closed lad accounts x81 - 2018
Closed lad accounts x85 - 2019 Closed lad accounts x9 -2020
(Grand Total Closed lad accounts 1,262) Golden Pig

Last edited by 4X1X9 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My friends and family know about it -- I find it's a good path into discussions of scam awareness and avoidance. I am not any good at trophy baiting (no tattoos, safaris, funny pictures or carvings for me) so I just describe it as messing with the scammers to learn how scams work.

But I don't tell them all of the gritty details nor the forums I participate on, with the exception of my wife (for reasons similar to those 4X1X9 posted). I do point people to scamwarners if they have "a friend" who is involved in a scam but don't imply that I am involved there.

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There's no reason not to tell people and in fact, it's a good thing to advertise it.
The more people who know about what we do, the smaller the number out there who are likely to fall for a scam. By getting the word out there about what we do, we let fly a little bit of education.

So shout it from the rooftops - "A Scambaiter and proud of it!!!"

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Li scam bait
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I asked this because I was in a busy restaurant the other day and I thought that talking about scambaiting would be a good conversation starter, but then I realized that what if there were a scammer in the restaurant and then they might shoot me or something so I kept it quiet.
Big Al
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I seem to get about a 50/50 reaction to telling people that I do this. Some say that's pretty cool and have even forwarded me E-mails and Snail-mailed letters. Others look at me like I'm the ID-10T and think "Nobody falls for that crap". I figure they'll never believe it until it happens to someone they know and love.

(That'll be two more cents please)

Last edited by Big Al on Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They know but don´t understand the fun (or the "work + prepare" aspect) in baiting. However, now they know about scams Smile so indirectly, a true benefit.

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
vonpaso xlura
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've told some people in my city, my aunt, and people in Lojbanistan. I've told them about the Libyan Detector Ship; once I told a girl the name of my main character, and she laughed even before hearing what her occupation is. I've posted a few scripts my aunt sent me.

×186
Safari Accra - SH Cotonou
you are a fake people so do not ever write to me again.
Am mad at you right now ... Am tired of your questions ... Am sick and tire you and your bank
Nigerian pig . go swallow a grenade idiot. Boko Haram will solve your problem idiot .
you are big fool by send a fake payment information and never you contact me again asshole .
your passgae bearing your ATM CATD ... Ant Terrorist Certificate ... legal verterbrate ... expartiate your meaning ... gets to your dwaignted address ... successful ofghw transfer
Li scam bait
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

4X1X9 wrote:
The Mods don't come and eliminate you if you tell someone you are a scambaiter, at least not yet Wink. It's down to the individual. Telling people about baiting in a way can be good because it can lead to discussions about 419 among your family/mates that could be of educational value. 419 scams can only thrive in ignorance, the more people are aware of the format and can see the signs the better.

On another note you have to take into account how not telling someone may affect your friendship/relationship as I found out recently to my peril as it did cause some friction between me and my wife. My wife knows, as I live with her I can hardly keep it a secret and naturally she became curious as to why I had a phone other than the one she knew about and why I would go to another room and shut the door to answer. Naturally you could imagine where her mind was going with this one and I think, to be honest, after confronting me she was quite relieved to know I was talking to criminals as opposed to a 'bit on the side.' You can see how people caught in 419 scams who are told to keep everything 'top secret' can lose their loved ones when they enter this secretive world as it breeds suspicion.

Unless you are specifically asked to keep some aspect of baiting secret everything else is available for public consumption.

Wife: Honey, you seem to be acting strange lately... you're not cheating on me are you?

4X1X9: No honey. I'm just scambaiting bloodthirsty cutthroat criminals.

Wife: Oh, thank God. I'm so relieved.
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Abso-effing-lootly! I always told anyone who might be interested. You'd be amazed how many people do not understand scams, and my talking about scambaiting has educated more people than I can count. Some people found it to be fascinating, and would ask a bazillion questions. Others found it to be distasteful, and the "racial" aspect of it would occasionally come up. I was always prepared with what to say when those questions arose.

What I found most interesting is how many people -- intelligent, active, professional people - really had no clue about internet scams! Oh, many of them have heard jokes about the "Nigerian prince" scam, but that's it. They wouldn't have recognized other kinds of scams if they landed in their inbox. Some of them would have absolutely been at risk for some of the more inventive scams - particularly mystery-shoppers, payment-processing, anything to do with checks. MOST people I know assumed that once the check clears in 3 days, it's guaranteed good.

Sadly, I recently learned the hard way that no matter how much you try to educate people, some will still be at risk for scammers. But I have no doubt that at some point in my years of scambaiting and talking about it, I've saved at least a couple of people from getting scammed.

The only way to stop scams is through educating potential victims. So blab away, I say!

Closed lad accounts x15 Malaysia X1 United Kingdom X1

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified.
Esox lucius
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

FrumpyBB wrote:
Quote:
They know but don´t understand the fun (or the "work + prepare" aspect) in baiting. However, now they know about scams so indirectly, a true benefit

Exactly what I find, but many do see the fun aspect, others think that baiting is a proper part time job I do & ask me how much I get paid for doing it (Oh how I wish it was so Smile )

"..May your unborn kids don't grow and may you be burnt to ashes asap ! " CCS
"..Sir we have given you more than 5 different accounts yet you still complaining " SCB
" YOU LOW LIFE SATANIC AGENT, FORWARD THESE MESSAGES TO YOUR MOTHER AND FATHER, THEY WILL DEFINITELY ENJOY READING THEM." RG
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My family was a little uneasy about it at first, until they realized that I used all fake details and untraceable emails and phone. Once they heard me talk about a few of the baits, and saw Big Worm's pictures of "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas," and Buck Turgison's "Morris Lads," they accepted the necessity of baiting. How could anyone live without seeing those?
And more recently, bobdemol's "Toilet Bike Mike" pictures floored them. Laughing

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Li scam bait wrote:
Wife: Honey, you seem to be acting strange lately... you're not cheating on me are you?

4X1X9: No honey. I'm just scambaiting bloodthirsty cutthroat criminals.

Wife: Oh, thank God. I'm so relieved.

Have you been secretly recording our conversations? Wink

You will have to munch the statistics of the transfer so I can give to them - Mr. James Hessom Hessom

If not that you only hide behind computer and be playing prawns with us - Benny Clifford

Pith Helmet France - Luxembourg

Closed lad accounts x26 - 2012 Closed lad accounts x258 - 2013
Closed lad accounts x263 - 2014 Closed lad accounts x160 - 2015
Closed lad accounts x204 & x1 - 2016
Closed lad accounts x177 - 2017 Closed lad accounts x81 - 2018
Closed lad accounts x85 - 2019 Closed lad accounts x9 -2020
(Grand Total Closed lad accounts 1,262) Golden Pig
Justcold
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SOOI wrote:
"A Scambaiter and proud of it!!!"

I have several pairs of underwear with that exact quote on the front.

Vcamera Sand Timer Easter 2015 Whip Jack Boot Goat Goat Flying Monkey Purple Flower
06/24/2015 Good journey Paranoid.
02/20/2017 You are missed Capone.
10/21/2018 Thank you for the laughs Toomuchfun.
03/21/2019 Keep drinking Grape Nehi, JC. I will, Irish. You win this time.
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Slightlyoutofit wrote:
So shout it from the rooftops - "A Scambaiter and proud of it!!!"

Just don't do it naked. Don't ask me how I know.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A lost of things can come from you telling that you are a scambaiter, you being shot by a scammer in the restaurant is not one of them.

Some of my friends and family are supportive albeit not all are very interested. Some just don't care very much. And some few (my girlfriend sadly among them) dislike what i do as they feel sorry for the scammers. And they don't know a tenth of the shit i have put my poor pets through. Sadly they see them as innocent Africans that do this because it is the only way out of poverty. We who bait know that this isn't the case and also know exactly what they are capable of. Sadly it is not easy to get that knowledge out there even to the ones closest to me. They are sadly ignorant to that kind of reasoning. That being said they are not ignorant regarding scams in general, only the motive behind it.

Some see it as a waste of time on my side but only one have had a downright hostile approach to it asking me how i slept at night. She was a moron so i only answered that i am not loosing any sleep over this.

But as said before here, opening a discussion by telling you scambait is a good thing. Mainly because it opens up for a discussion regarding scams and what they are and how to protect yourself from them. I'd say "go public".

SafariX 24 Random safaris
SafariX 12 Welcome to Sweden
SafariX 9 Chadian minister of tourism project
SafariX 9 Rame Head pilgrimage
Golden Pith Rame Head 2013
Globe Globe of Gluttony
Golden Pith CBC Documentary Safari
BearSeason
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My husband knows all about this. As others have said, it's hard to keep something like this from your spouse. My aunt is an avid lurker on this forum. I tell my friends and co-workers all the time. Most think it's the coolest thing ever. A few have given me that, "What the fuck is wrong with you?" look. One compared this to trolling. Rolling Eyes

U 2 go fuck yourself ! I don't need the money and stop emailing me please / BASTARD!!!! / fuck ur family
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Where all the cool kids are.</a>
Closed lad accounts x 47 Mortar x 2 x 2 Easter Egg 2013
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dr Mike wrote:
my girlfriend

I call bullshit!

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I do, we can't all have tragic unanswered mancrushes for certain admins that keeps us lonely.

SafariX 24 Random safaris
SafariX 12 Welcome to Sweden
SafariX 9 Chadian minister of tourism project
SafariX 9 Rame Head pilgrimage
Golden Pith Rame Head 2013
Globe Globe of Gluttony
Golden Pith CBC Documentary Safari
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ Are you trying to hurt my feelings?

Mission accomplished.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have found that people's reactions to scambaiting are similar to people's reactions to the movie "This Is Spinal Tap".

Some people get it and find it funny, others don't get it and think it's stupid.

Closed lad accounts x 44 United Arab Emirates x2 Burkina Faso x5 Togo x69 United Kingdom x562 Benin x49 United States x113 Senegal x31 United Nations x8 South Africa x10 Ivory Coast x2 Malaysia x94 Canada x6 x2 Ghana x129 cameroon x2 Cambodia Flag x4 Spain x10 x71 Switzerland x15 Nigeria x68 Thailand x3 Italy x4 Netherlands x8 Russia x3 China x4 Malta x 3 Filipino flag x3 Panama Germany x4 Taiwan Iraq Flag Ireland x6 Hong Kong x2 Cayman Islands x4 Isle Of Man x2 Japan Belgium Comorian islands Guinea Bissau Ukraine Indonesia x2 Luxembourg x2 Saudi Arabia Mugu Reseller x2 Easter 2015 Whip Jack Boot
equinoxe
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

To brake my habit of not posting..
It's simple (not Wink ):
-some you can tell, they are the kind of people with a good sense of humor(and are just slightly sadistic ..), and a good sense of justice, and not overly paranoid..
-some you can definitely not tell, the kind of people who don't like your kind of humor, the kind of people that are slightly paranoid, and the kind that could easily think that 419 baiting is about racism (and would see a 419 scammer as victim..).

You are the best judge whether you are talking to the first or the second group of people.

*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@equinoxe....you are the exact opposite of a post whore.

How do you manage not to post? I can't help myself... Embarassed

Vcamera Sand Timer Easter 2015 Whip Jack Boot Goat Goat Flying Monkey Purple Flower
06/24/2015 Good journey Paranoid.
02/20/2017 You are missed Capone.
10/21/2018 Thank you for the laughs Toomuchfun.
03/21/2019 Keep drinking Grape Nehi, JC. I will, Irish. You win this time.
doc holliday
Squirrels Hate Me

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know how many of my friends know,but my family and co workers do.Mostly because I do sometimes bait from work(with my employers knowledge).I have saved a few co workers and the business itself from a couple of scams.The more who know and can be educated the better.I have found that people who know what I do will ask me first if something fishy comes their way.

You have given me enough stress through the shit you sent to me
Jack the hitlad

What you sent to me is not real, don't you fucking understand simple english, that is not real slip from money gram, I have been using money gram before now, FUCK YOU. IDIOT. PLAY YOUR GAME WELL. MASTER OF ALL PLAYERS
Jack,the hitlad who keeps giving me fresh sig lines

Closed lad accounts x35 x2 Easter Egg 2012
Big X
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I wouldn't tell my coworkers, because I have to keep somewhat professional at work, but I have told my friends and my brother. I'm not a trophy or safari baiter so I rarely come away with hilarious stuff from my straight baits, but I have told people about the legendary baits on here. Some find it funny, others don't. I don't think my parents would understand, and if I had a gf I'd be wary about telling her right away.

Flag PakistanUnited Arab EmiratesTurkeyChinaKorean FlagJapanThailandVietnam FlagCambodia FlagFilipino flagMalaysiaIndonesiaAustraliaNew ZealandSouth AfricaKenyaNigeriaGhanacameroonBeninTogoIvory Coast x15,508
Safari Rev Ozzy: Warri-Lome-Cotonou
Safari Woody: Accra-Singapore
Safari Archie x2: Lagos-Natitingou, Abuja-Niamey
Sand Timer John W, Rev Ozzy, Lil Richard, Zenith, Ever Bank, Robert M, Archie x2
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic