SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

@ Mod Please move this to "Welcome New Member..."

View next topic
View previous topic

Jama Muuhsed
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Moin, moin everbody!

Meanwhile I made some posts in other threads, seems to be overdue to say hello here.

The funny thing is, I discovered that in RL do I baiting for years now.

Whenever I get unwanted phonecalls from salespersons I am always very interested, but also a bit skeptical. I ask a lot of questions and demand printed material I can study.
So these "softcorescammers" waste some money and loose a lot of time time.

After many talks I love to tell them: Thank you for talking with me for so long time. During that time you could not fool another victim.

"Click", the hang up.

Okay, this forum seems to be the right place to enter a higher level. I'm glad I found you guys!

Jama Muuhsed

Edit: Sorry, this post appears at the wrong place. Was supposed to go here:
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=206694

Would be nice if a Mod could move it (and remove this edit) Thanks!

Last edited by Jama Muuhsed on Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nailgunner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The difference is that salesmen usually have a legitimate product or service to sell. If it's not for you just hang up. 419 scammers have nothing to offer but heavy losses and misery. These are the guys we want to punish.

Phone baiting is a great skill to have so work on it by all means, but restrict it to confirmed scammers rather than those trying to earn a crust in a low-paid job with penalties for not hitting targets. I know they can be annoying, but at the end of it, tormenting them is not what we do. We have worthier targets.

Jama Muuhsed
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
The difference is that salesmen usually have a legitimate product or service to sell

Yes, I know. Formally their offer is legal. Sometimes their product is even useful.
Therefore earlier I said just. "No, thanks, good bye"

But one day a company called that wanted to be my financial advisor. Right the moment they called, the "market" was extremely interesting, no time to loose to make a lot of money. They told me some examples how it would work.
I demanded their brochure, which was sent very soon.

This brochure was high quality, expensive paper, lots of professional pictures. Really impressive.

Three interesting sentences, not even very hidden:
1. Our fees are on the upper end of what is usual"
2. Even if the market goes up, there may be a loss for the customers because of the fees deducted from the customers investment.
3. There may be a conflict of interests because the company lives from the commissions per transaction. Company might advice more changes in the investment than the market requires.

So, everything was printed, they gave me the chance to assume that I might loose money even if the advice was basically correct.

Formally everything according to the law. Kind of legal theft. In my eyes disgusting! Therefore I felt the right and the need to waste their time and to slap them at the end.

And yes, now I am here and will fight real criminals.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic