SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Are scammers working (mostly) alone ?

View next topic
View previous topic

scamintelligence
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi there,

Just wanted to ask if you think that the lads are working alone (except maybe for the WU/MG part) ?

I personnaly think that it is the case and the time where they were working as small team (with a minimal hierarchy) is over...

What do you think ?

SI

Squirrels Hate Me

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Very hard to generalize.Some do work alone.But there are also known large,organized gangs.As far a what the proportion of each is I think would be impossible to determine.

You have given me enough stress through the shit you sent to me
Jack the hitlad

What you sent to me is not real, don't you fucking understand simple english, that is not real slip from money gram, I have been using money gram before now, FUCK YOU. IDIOT. PLAY YOUR GAME WELL. MASTER OF ALL PLAYERS
Jack,the hitlad who keeps giving me fresh sig lines

Closed lad accounts x35 x2 Easter Egg 2012
Joker
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am still learning the ropes by playing a lad in my baits so what I see and what I hear might be a bit off but I am finding it to be both. Many of them do work together. Some work exclusively alone. Others will work socially to some extents but are for the most part loners.

It is really hard to say. I do see a majority of the scammers networking in some way though in pictures I have found on social networking sites. Down at the bar drinking away their earnings and partying.

Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There's a mix of both out there.

You get the odd lone wolf but the nature of the lad is a sociable one and they network just like other people on the net.
Even if they do work alone, you can guarantee that they'll have other lads in their contact lists and will talk shop with them on a regular basis.
They're not stupid - they know that they've got to keep ahead of the curve. And the only way to do that is to find out what your neighbour is up to.
Lads are like spiders - they're all sitting on the edge of the same web waiting for a fly to drop in. All flicking the strands of the web with their greasy little legs. Occasionally, they'll double team a fly if they can't handle it on their own but also, just like a spider, they'll try to eat the other spider if he's smaller and gets in the way.

Gang-wise? They're the ones who make the biggest impact. They tend to be better organised and able to take on hundreds and hundreds of jobs at a time. But on the downside for them, because they're so successful, they're the ones who can come to the attention of LE and so they're also therefore the most vulnerable.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Big Al
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Alan Wrote:

Quote:
By the way the database now has in excess of 17,000 bank accounts in it and if anyone still thinks that scamming is a cottage industry please think again. Thanks to your help in linking bank accounts together, we have been able to identify different gangs. The largest one is known to us as the Foremac Group and links together 650 different accounts around the world.

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=223496&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75

I thought you might like reading this trivia tidbit. 650 accounts would be hard to manage without help IMHO.
vonpaso xlura
Different and Distinctive

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There are also gangs of website creators. I've been fighting one since May; there must be separate people to register sites, upload them, handle the responses to job ads, deal with other scammer gangs who use the mules' services, and manage the mules who forward the money.

×110
Safari Accra - SH Cotonou
This is very frustrating ... their said they is know transaction ... I feel very ebasared right now ... I feel very dissapoited again
YOU CAN'T EVEN KEEP YOUR BULLSHIT SCAM STORIES STRAIGHT!! YOU AREN'T EVEN A SMART CRIMINAL!! YOU ARE GOING TO PRISON!!
E NO GO BETTER FOR YOUR MAMA NAA ME U DEY WYNE ABI GOD PUNISHED YOU AND YOUR GENERATION
you are a fake people so do not ever write to me again.
Am mad at you right now ... Am tired of your questions ... Am sick and tire you and your bank
Nigerian pig . go swallow a grenade idiot. Boko Haram will solve your problem idiot .
4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Most of the books/literature on 419 out there suggest that although there are some individual scammers out there most work in groups with each group member having a specific role and a pre-agreed percentage cut of any profits.

If you start taking phone calls from lads you can usually hear someone in the background feeding them lines, especially if you are asking difficult questions.

As also suggested they network too. They work with lads in other countries if needs be. If it gets to the point where a lad suggests you meet someone in your country to drop off the money you usually find that the fee has risen considerably because there are more palms to grease.

I had one Nigerian lad recently who had obviously hired some lads in London to meet me. Naturally I didn't show, the London lads I don't think ever really believed in me but the Nigerian lad was very reluctant to let me go. He must have called me over 50 times in the space of 4 days. He was obviously very embarrassed I had hoodwinked him for so long and made a fool of him in front of the London lads who pretty much sussed out my game straight away. It is so nice when you can give them a taste of their own medicine.

You will have to munch the statistics of the transfer so I can give to them - Mr. James Hessom Hessom

If not that you only hide behind computer and be playing prawns with us - Benny Clifford

Pith Helmet France - Luxembourg

Closed lad accounts x26 - 2012 Closed lad accounts x258 - 2013
Closed lad accounts x263 - 2014 Closed lad accounts x160 - 2015
Closed lad accounts x204 & x1 - 2016
Closed lad accounts x161 - 2017
(Grand Total Closed lad accounts 1072) Golden Pig

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic