SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Romance scammer cons single mum out of £1,200

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Steve O
Not quite a Newb

Location: The place where you go to visit your hubcaps now and again

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A local girl called the local police station recently to report that her American boyfriend had been taken hostage by the Taliban and they were demanding £2,000 to release him.
She's reporting it to the police to see if they can help.
So the officer asks her to explain and she goes on to say how she met this man on a chat website and later fell in love with him. He explains to her that he's an American GI based in Germany. After the "relationship " develops, he tells her that he wants to marry her, but he has to pay his sergeant to get leave to go and see her, then his mum gets ill and needs an operation, so she keeps sending him bits of money, always a different reason- then he tells her that he's being posted abroad again
Eventually, he goes for the big one and she gets an email from the Taliban in Afghanistan telling her that the guy has been taken hostage and demanding £2,000 or the boyfriend dies,
This is the point where she calls the police, and it is during the conversation with the officer that the penny drops with her.

"Have you ever met this man?"
"No, but I've spoken to him on the phone and for some reason his accent was funny- he sounded African, not American"

So here's this single mother, working hard to support her son, who ends up losing £1,200 altogether to the scum.
I can't post the scammers email for various reasons, (he's long gone anyway) - but my point is this- While the police are virtually helpless in detecting this type of crime or doing anything about it- you guys are doing a fantastic job.
It's not much- but at least it's something.
Don't ever forget that that!

Terry Akim-:"I knew that a lot of shits goes on in the internet,but mine case is not the same."
Susi Abudu - "Pissssss Offfff!!!!!!"
4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

To those who question why we do what we do need look no further than the above post.

Tragic story but thanks for sharing just the same.

You will have to munch the statistics of the transfer so I can give to them - Mr. James Hessom Hessom

If not that you only hide behind computer and be playing prawns with us - Benny Clifford

Pith Helmet France - Luxembourg

Closed lad accounts x26 - 2012 Closed lad accounts x258 - 2013
Closed lad accounts x263 - 2014 Closed lad accounts x160 - 2015
Closed lad accounts x204 & x1 - 2016
Closed lad accounts x177 - 2017 Closed lad accounts x81 - 2018
Closed lad accounts x85 - 2019 Closed lad accounts x9 -2020
(Grand Total Closed lad accounts 1,262) Golden Pig
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sad Sad Sad I hardly know what to say. Sad Sad

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
Fowan Nyne
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That's how convincing a scammer can be. She was totally taken in by the lies and was concentrating on a world that was far removed from real life.

Truth kicked in when she unwittingly saved herself by reporting the kidnap to the police.
The scammer would have taken her for a lot more than she lost. Evil or Very Mad

"Note I am very weak by straight"
"Did you want to cheat me or play on my intelligent?"
"All necessary preparation for the movement of the stool are in the pipe line" - Stan "the man" Agbley

Click here to see a proper scam

Steve O
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Guys, I need to be careful, but if I get wind of a successful romance scammer who actually manages to get money out of someone again, I'll post his addy here, and if the authorities can't do anything, at least we can get together and go to town on him.

Terry Akim-:"I knew that a lot of shits goes on in the internet,but mine case is not the same."
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ Please do ... we can organise a special session for him in the black barrel of hell.

Steve O
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't have a romance scammer for you- but here is a particularly nasty form of scammer who happened to come up today.
This one's a contract hit scammer- and he really scared the crap out of a young father today when he emailed him to tell him that he had been given a contract to kill this guy and his entire family- with the proviso that he had been having second thoughts and would not carry out the hit for a small fee.
Fair enough, the victim realised that it was a scam, but there are a few people out there who might take him seriously.
Any ideas what to do with him?
The scammers address is [addy snipped -ghost]

Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ oh, a hit-lad Very Happy Thanks for sharing. Yes, most people will realise that this is a wind-up but it could cause a lot of distress. Hit-lads are the stupidest of the stupid, resorting to threats and extortion instead of the somewhat more intellectually demanding manipulation of classic 419.

With your permission, I'd suggest a mass bait on the lad you have listed. They are easily led and fun to annoy for insults and death threats.

Steve O
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What have you got in mind, nail gunner?

Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, Steve-O, a mass bait is as it says. Everyone piles on the lad pretending to have got his "hitman" format and wastes his days pretending to be good victims. Either we just do this until he starves, or we coordinate and send him insane. Our of politeness, this shouldn't happen unless you request it to do so, but the results can be very amusing.

Tururut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd like to bait him as well, if possible.
EDIT: NG explained it in the post above.

How about another mass gomerchop-quest for beacon again?
Steve-O, look for a thread called "It's raining hitlads". You will see how crazy a massbait can get (this lad was actually stupid to swallow such things).
By the way, my mentee is currently baiting a lad with the Teatime script.

Parti Boi. Sand Timer x2 Safari x3 Xmas Parti 2012 Lagos-Natitingou, Lagos-Parakou-Kandi, Benin City- S4fari Hotel Kano A 419 picked me up, took my bag and ran away - have did a lot for Gomer but nothing good come out, every time different trip and they always mess up at last, why? Benin Republic mess up, Kano state in Nigeria mess up, Safari Camp also mess up - am really ashamed of my self in street
Sand Timer My wife divorce our marraige because I failed to provide proper maintenance of the family.
agnomen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I googled his email addy and got a couple of hits besides this thread.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/printthread.php?t=2965507&pp=20&page=2 if you search with in the page for his email you find this http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n441/burna0001/photo-2.png

Closed lad accounts x21 from 1st bait and counting Sand Timer Sand Timer Sand Timer Sand Timer Apr 2012 - present 4 years months (includes 3 month hiatus due to boredom) "circling in one circle over one year now something must be going wrong”
x5 Easter Egg 2013
Mortar x1
Fowan Nyne
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Might be a good idea to post some evidence, such as his email response (ideally with headers)? Wink

"Note I am very weak by straight"
"Did you want to cheat me or play on my intelligent?"
"All necessary preparation for the movement of the stool are in the pipe line" - Stan "the man" Agbley

Click here to see a proper scam

agnomen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Has it been known for hitlads to be UK based before? ntlworld accounts now Virgin media are only available via a cable tv subscription.

Would this be someone who could be baited and turned over to the authorities.

Closed lad accounts x21 from 1st bait and counting Sand Timer Sand Timer Sand Timer Sand Timer Apr 2012 - present 4 years months (includes 3 month hiatus due to boredom) "circling in one circle over one year now something must be going wrong”
x5 Easter Egg 2013
Mortar x1
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

far more likely a hijacked or phished account.

agnomen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^good point if you google the email addy it is listed on a site with a password. I tried it but the password didn't work.

x5 Easter Egg 2013
Mortar x1
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

the year old pastebin page, yeah, saw that. Probably where our man got it from in the first place.

Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Email addys cannot be posted here without evidence it's involved in a scam. Evidence is usually Email headers with the format.

Quote:
if you google the email addy it is listed on a site with a password. I tried it but the password didn't work.

That is phishing. It's illegal and not condoned on this site.

Quote:
Probably where our man got it from in the first place.

Yep, and I bet the reply to addy was something different.

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
Steve O
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The authorities are already aware but have closed the report with advice given to the victim.
They usually do not pursue individual reports like this, unless there is some kind of evidence to show that the threat was real- they are closed as "advice given"
I cannot post evidence of the scam - if you look at my avatar you might guess why.
I can understand why you wouldn't go ahead with a mass bait so no problem.

Steve O
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ghost, would it help if I started a bait with him and posted his reply and headers here?

next victim
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Steve, I think some of us would be more than willing to participate in a bait on this type but we need something along the line of a first mail and the header info to work with. Do not jeopordize your information or any other innocent but we can't work with only an email or such. (Butthurt spouses or exes would be dropping these all day long on us.)

Sand Timer Hana, Flip It, G spot, Rosy, Cynthia
Cellphone - web store
Just read the posting on Eater. You are one sick motherf****r! Smile-Alan
"The skull with bunny ears was a good enough warning" - Nailgunner
mentors- http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php
This Derick moral monster! From http:/ /scamnewss.wordpress.com/2011/10/14/derrick-ratt-scammer-beware/ Vlad blog
http://tinyurl.com/btf7872 - Toolbox
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As you're already involved to an extent, and giving up info on the lad would cause trouble for you, why not just find another love scammer and roast him instead? It's not like we're short of the buggers. Pick one out of Surplus and we'll twist his head off. Much safer for you.

Steve O
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Have decided to run this lad as my own bait for now, if anyone else wants to jump in or has any good suggestions then please feel free.
I have returned a simple reply asking why he wanted to kill my family, and he's just explained again about the hit contract, blah blah blah.
For extra emphasis he's added the below photo which he claims was his last hit and how I will end up if I don't cooperate.
So... the fun begins...

Can't seem to find anything on this on Google Image

Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Steve O wrote:
Ghost, would it help if I started a bait with him and posted his reply and headers here?

That would be a good start, yes. The lad found the picture via a google search. It's from the movie Dead Man's Shoes

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
Steve O
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As this is now a message in my own private email account from the lad, there's nothing to stop me from printing the details here now.
I replied to him using my "Rob Memunny" online persona.
Here's the headers...

Yahoo! Account Service <[email protected]>
To:[email protected]
Reply-To: [email protected]
Delivered-To:[email protected]
Received: by 10.60.47.227 with SMTP id g3csp222634oen; Wed, 21 Nov 2012 14:36:54 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.52.32.229 with SMTP id m5mr10634873vdi.5.1353537413659; Wed, 21 Nov 2012 14:36:53 -0800 (PST)
Received: from mail-vc0-f195.google.com (mail-vc0-f195.google.com [209.85.220.195]) by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id nr17si1263429vcb.7.2012.11.21.14.36.53 (version=TLSv1/SSLv3 cipher=OTHER); Wed, 21 Nov 2012 14:36:53 -0800 (PST)
Received: by mail-vc0-f195.google.com with SMTP id fk26so417797vcb.2 for <[email protected]>; Wed, 21 Nov 2012 14:36:53 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.52.35.82 with SMTP id f18mr24668220vdj.99.1353537413190; Wed, 21 Nov 2012 14:36:53 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.58.179.15 with HTTP; Wed, 21 Nov 2012 14:36:52 -0800 (PST)
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received-Spf: neutral (google.com: 209.85.220.195 is neither permitted nor denied by domain of [email protected]) client-ip=209.85.220.195;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=neutral (google.com: 209.85.220.195 is neither permitted nor denied by domain of [email protected]) [email protected]
X-Google-Dkim-Signature:snipped -Ghost
MATw==
Mime-Version: 1.0
X-Originating-Ip: [41.150.195.247]
In-Reply-To: <[email protected]>
References: <[email protected]>
Message-Id: <CAKyCyJKur9c2iS46CJqkcPj-2K7U3AeTQhNEcHNuoiL3yR8Aig@mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary=20cf307c9fbeb4126004cf08fcd9
X-Gm-Message-State: ALoCoQlN9Fa+yG10AgC9ZtTbpYMmPL7GcLX8+9jv/Hiz3ftJrAiJK9VASAXCRf4zYdiEOwNXvSvj
Re: The hit contract

and here's the first message...

"My friend i already told you before that your life is in a great
danger, why you are still living is because i tell my men to wait,
because i have go through your fucking details and i see you still
have to live this beautiful life, the person who hired me want your
death before this month ending because of your past.

Right now your life is in my hand.

DO YOU STILL WANT TO LIVE???
I am a man without pity, i don’t show mercy to people because this
life is too wicked, i have killed thousands of people i was trained to
be a killer, you are mark red on my list , but i don’t no why i
decided to contacted you about this.

DO YOU AND YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY WANT TO SEE NEXT MONTH????
I love killing people slowly, especially one of my hit man don kaka,
that guy is worse than the devil itself is always with you 24 hours
one call can make you bleed to dead don’t take my words for granted
because i never joke with such words okay, but i told them to wait.
i was pay a very huge sum of dollar to waist your entire family.

Attach photo here can tell you what i can do okay. This fucking man here was
having every opportunity to have helped himself, but he chose to die by taking my words for granted and think that it was a joking matter.
Now you are mark next on my list, like i said you only have
one way to help yourself out of this otherwise be prepared to dance
to the tones to the dead."

Photo attachment as above post

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic