SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Advice on sending fake items?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
mufasaghiradelli
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello all, this is my first time on the 419eater forums so please forgive me if I sound inexperienced Laughing

I am messing with a scammer who contacted me about buying my iPad which I posted on a local classifieds site (not craigslist). I immediately knew it was a scam (poor English, offered more $ than I asked, wanted to pay via Paypal, and wanted me to ship it to them in MA).

I'll spare you the entire transcript of our correspondence, which has lasted about a week. I'm at the point right now where they've sent me a fake Paypal email asking me to ship the item and get back to them with a tracking number.

Well, I was thinking about shipping them a fake iPad (akin to the p-p-p-powerbook prank), and it wouldn't be expensive because they just want me to ship it within the states. However, I don't have any experience with this and I'm just trying to think of the possible repercussions. They have my email address and phone number, but not my real name. Also, would doing that really be effective? I'm thinking the scammer isn't really in MA, they just have a middleman there or something.

Should I send them some garbage? Thoughts?
Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It has been done, but I'd not recommend it. You'll be sending it, most likely, to a mule who will send it on, either at their expense or using a compromised DHL, or similar, account.

We do have much better parcel delivery serives here, check out the help forum for them, 100% risky free, and sooo much cheaper than the big boys.

Hopefully someone else can provide the link.
What you can do with our delivery companies is manipluate things so as to suggest to the lad that his mule is being dishonest and keeping the stuff. Could be a bit hard on the mule, but they are, even if they don't know it, breaking the Law.

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
next victim
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
They have my email address and phone number
Chances are slim that they would bother you too much but we always recommend baiting safely with no real information. These are criminals after all. No need to put yourself at risk. You can come at him again from a made up account with what has been suggested above with no repercussions.

Just drop him with this account and start anew.

Sand Timer Hana, Flip It, G spot, Rosy, Cynthia
Cellphone - web store
Just read the posting on Eater. You are one sick motherf****r! Smile-Alan
"The skull with bunny ears was a good enough warning" - Nailgunner
mentors- http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php
This Derick moral monster! From http:/ /scamnewss.wordpress.com/2011/10/14/derrick-ratt-scammer-beware/ Vlad blog
http://tinyurl.com/btf7872 - Toolbox
conga22
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If the scammer has your real life details, it is strongly advised that you stop contact with him. These guys are criminals and it is not a good idea to play with them if they know where to find you.

There is a lot of spaces in the receipt for them to put their stamp, so why do they put the stamp on the 10 digital codes, and you know that without the correct number ,western union here cannot issue out the payment. (I know Laughing)
When i tell you how to do things well you will do the opposite Why?-Joseph D1ar4
Closed lad accounts X60 X3
Tattoo Vcamerawatch video here Safari Lagos to Cotonou - thanks Mr. Grant

Mortar Japan Portugal United Kingdom x4 Easter Egg 2012
mufasaghiradelli
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay, thanks for the tips. Next time I'll use a fake email.

Any ideas on how to drop this scammer creatively? Something like saying I dropped the iPad in the toilet and it's broken? I dunno. Rolling Eyes
next victim
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No matter what you do with him he is going to try to threaten you with all kinds of trash. No need to be creative, just ignore him and anything he mails you is probably best.

If you go after him again, you can use a completely bogus item, he won't know the difference. That keeps him from connecting you to the iPad thing. You can sell him anything and he will likely bite on it.

Sand Timer Hana, Flip It, G spot, Rosy, Cynthia
Cellphone - web store
Just read the posting on Eater. You are one sick motherf****r! Smile-Alan
"The skull with bunny ears was a good enough warning" - Nailgunner
mentors- http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php
This Derick moral monster! From http:/ /scamnewss.wordpress.com/2011/10/14/derrick-ratt-scammer-beware/ Vlad blog
http://tinyurl.com/btf7872 - Toolbox
Tururut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Hello and welcome to 419eater.
If you want to keep scambaiting, apply for a mentor and read the stickies. Fun and time loss guaranteed!

Now, about this scam, if he has your details, drop him, and pass the shipment addres details to a mod (you'll recognise them for the green username), who'll pass them to the people that might do something about this.

Parti Boi. Sand Timer x2 Safari x3 Xmas Parti 2012 Lagos-Natitingou, Lagos-Parakou-Kandi, Benin City- S4fari Hotel Kano A 419 picked me up, took my bag and ran away - have did a lot for Gomer but nothing good come out, every time different trip and they always mess up at last, why? Benin Republic mess up, Kano state in Nigeria mess up, Safari Camp also mess up - am really ashamed of my self in street
Sand Timer My wife divorce our marraige because I failed to provide proper maintenance of the family.
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As others have said, drop this one and start fresh with a fake name and baiting email address.

We do not advise "freight baiting." For one thing, if you're sending it within the US it is going to a mule, who is most likely a victim him- or herself, caught up in a fake 'work at home' or romance scam.

If the lad wants you to send it overseas and gives you a Fedex or UPS account to use, you can be sure that it's a hijacked account and some person or company will be stuck with the bill.

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic