SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Lad says he wants to send me money - What's he doing?

View next topic
View previous topic

blindwatchmaker
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been baiting this guy for a couple of months ever since I advertised a car (legitimately) and he tried on the Paypal overpayment shipping fee scam.

Tonight I went for the dolla chop, claiming that someone had turned up to collect the cash for the shipping fee as well as the car (in reality I sold the car properly a few weeks ago, but hey...)

Anyway, strangely this bait has morphed into a sweetheart scam (my character is the widow of my first character who I killed off a couple of weeks ago).

So tonight, I told him I was ruined by this happening and was about to kill myself. He seemed to get genuinely upset by this and begged me not to.
I told him that losing the car and the money had left me penniless and I now had no choice but to kill myself as I needed the money from the car sale to pay debts and rent.
He's now offering to send me money to help in the interim!

What's his angle here?

How does he stand to benefit and what's the scam? (I doubt he really intends to help my character but cant figure out his modality.)

Thoughts greatly appreciated!
Yastreb
Demented Opportunist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One immediate possibility comes to mind - it'll be a cheque or money order and it'll be for more than you need, because you need to pay some other person as a favour... by Western Union of course.

"I aim to misbehave."

Asena - Pretty Rose
United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 185
Safari x 4 - Oyenka Chidinma - Lagos to Cotonou; Dickyboi - Lagos to Accra; Femmy - Lagos to Porto Novo; "Woody" - Accra to Singapore
Sand Timer x 7: Dufus & Abavana/Capt Joseph Annan/Victor Walla/Ohene Agyekum/James Jeffrey/Peace Akpobor & John Mensah/Tony Kalaby & Addo Gilbert
Toomuchfun
Scamwarner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He could be also trying to work you as a money mule.

Closed lad accounts x31 x5 Cellphone Webstores x18 Cellphone x11 Easter Egg 2012 Purple Flower Mortar
Whip Jack Boot
$28,320.00 In Fake Checks

"Are you blind. I told you that i don't like this method payment,If you are serious
you have to understand me better" "You put me through all this pain" -Hitman

"YOU ARE MAD LOOK IM NOT HEAR TO PLAY GAME" Craigslist Scammer

"i ave your name do you want me to take your name to my native doctor you will just go totally insane overnight...YOUR ARE WARNED ...Don't dare"

* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
blindwatchmaker
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks both.
I'm wondering how I should play this one.
If I want to really mess with his head, I'll kill myself tomorrow.
He seemed genuinely distressed tonight. Was literally begging me not to do it and was extremely shocked and confused by the dolla chop.

If I didn't know better I'd swear he was repentant and really wanted to help!
Toomuchfun
Scamwarner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you want to continue the bait. You need to introduce a new character.

Closed lad accounts x31 x5 Cellphone Webstores x18 Cellphone x11 Easter Egg 2012 Purple Flower Mortar
Whip Jack Boot
$28,320.00 In Fake Checks

"Are you blind. I told you that i don't like this method payment,If you are serious
you have to understand me better" "You put me through all this pain" -Hitman

"YOU ARE MAD LOOK IM NOT HEAR TO PLAY GAME" Craigslist Scammer

"i ave your name do you want me to take your name to my native doctor you will just go totally insane overnight...YOUR ARE WARNED ...Don't dare"

* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
blindwatchmaker
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've already emailed him as the other scammer who got the cash and the car.
Offering to work together on the Maga to get whatever's left.

Then I have the victims daughter who I've mentioned many times.
I could bring her into play too.

I've really messed with this guy. Had him send someone from Bedford to an obscure street in Nottingham for a cash pickup from a non-existent house a couple of weeks ago.

I almost feel sorry for him but on balance I think the torture needs to continue!
Just wish I could figure out where he's going with this offer to send money!
vonpaso xlura
Different and Distinctive

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If the car he is trying to buy is the real car you sold, drop him. Start anew, with an email address with totally made-up information, and try to sell him a Volkswagen Relative, or a Dodge RAM Gigabyte, or an Identity Chrysler.

×110
Safari Accra - SH Cotonou
This is very frustrating ... their said they is know transaction ... I feel very ebasared right now ... I feel very dissapoited again
YOU CAN'T EVEN KEEP YOUR BULLSHIT SCAM STORIES STRAIGHT!! YOU AREN'T EVEN A SMART CRIMINAL!! YOU ARE GOING TO PRISON!!
E NO GO BETTER FOR YOUR MAMA NAA ME U DEY WYNE ABI GOD PUNISHED YOU AND YOUR GENERATION
you are a fake people so do not ever write to me again.
Am mad at you right now ... Am tired of your questions ... Am sick and tire you and your bank
Nigerian pig . go swallow a grenade idiot. Boko Haram will solve your problem idiot .
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The money will never come through. Lads generally stick to one type of job but this one sounds like he has experience, and is able to switch from one level to another as the situation demands. He's now playing a long romance scam instead of a short overpayment job.

Expect to hear about his dying mother or sick children/siblings before long. He'll spend the money he was going to send you on them. Then the requests for help paying medical and life saving drug fees.

They never change. Wink

*Edited for clarity*

"No amount of semen donation will save this situation" Sanny Sanny
"We must disagree to agree" Raji Musa

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
blindwatchmaker
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the input all.

Yes, of course I didnt use any reference to the real car ad.
In fact it was quite amusing.
I started up a new Gmail account for the bait and simply emailed his address saying "how about £21k?" with no reference to any car and with him never having heard from that address before and he totally went for it.

When it came time to send the WU shipping fee, I sent the security question as "What's the make of the car you're buying?" and then told him to fill in the answer as only he would know (thereby protecting us both from internet fraud!).

You should have seen him squirming and wriggling with that one!

Anyway, he's completely bought my new scammer ID and is now offering to do jobs together.

I've told him (as the new scammer) that I have a 419 job going with the victim and that he has to help with the cash pickup as she will have seen my face when I collected the car.

Any ideas for further torture?

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic