SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL -- A note from d_goose

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
d_goose
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I googled a scammers email address and found a thread where people where sharing info about scammers. I wanted to share it with people here on my favorite site.

Note to 419 Eater: Please consider putting a search bar on the home page where people can input a email address and find out instantly if it is a known scammer. Seems like it would be a great tool and I haven't seen one on the web yet. Thank you. Smile

If you are reading this, you probably put an email (found below) into google and it brought you here. All the email addresses are scammers trying to scam you out of your money. Never send money to these people, they are in Nigeria trying to (usually) do one of two two scams.

First, they will request to purchase your item and tell you that they need to overpay you some amount of money and you need to forward the money to their "mover", "shipper", or "agent". They forward a very real looking Paypal email making it look like Paypal has received funds, but will keep the funds in a 'pending' status until you forward a money control # from western union to Paypal (which is them, mine came from - PayPal ServiceĀ® <[email protected]> but it won't show the entire address in your email browser...so it looks to be from Paypal.

If you get this type of scammer, you can exchange many emails with them and absolutely waste their time...keeping them from an honest American trying to do a legit sale. If you have time, do it yourself...it's a lot of fun.

The other type of scam is that they want to purchase your item by sending a check to you. It's a fake check for sure. These scammers aren't as easy to keep on the hook, so I just forward them the contact info for our local FBI (see below).

Pulled this, also. TS

After you get through your initial shock and anger...find amusement. Let's advertise all these scammer's emails, let's all work together in screwing with their heads, their time and their pocketbooks. Seems I can't do much by myself, but together, we are legion. Together we can fight this insidious vermin and protect those that can't. Our legislators haven't done anything, our police departments don't act...so let's flood the FBI with fake checks! Smile

After I found the world of scambaiting, I posted an exchange I had with a 'Vivian Williams' on a local site that baiters use to share stories, tips, pics, etc. It felt great to share my experience and my first attempt at baiting was a great success.

But, let me tell you what happened. I received this message almost immediately:

Hey dude, She recently contacted me. All I gave her was my PayPal Name which is my e-mail. Obviously she already had that. After I gave her that I got suspicious and googled her name to find your thread.

MY WORK (I SAY THIS WITH THUNDER IN MY VOICE) SAVED THIS POOR KID FROM MAKING A BIG, COSTLY MISTAKE. AND IT MADE IT ALL WORTH IT.

I am an aircraft mechanic by day and now a scambaiter by night. Soon these Nigerians will Shiver from my Timbers!!!!!(my idol).

Sorry inside joke. Anyway, find a list of the local emails of recent scammers that have been trying to scam me below.

Pulled the email addresses - TS
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, welcome here.

A couple of things:

Quote:
Please consider putting a search bar on the home page where people can input a email address and find out instantly if it is a known scammer.

Google does a far better job of this than we would. No need to reinvent the wheel.

Quote:

so I just forward them the contact info for our local FBI (see below).

We don't do this.

We also don't give lads local pizza numbers, addresses of our exes, annoying neighbors, or that kid in high school that used to eat his boogers.

I pulled all of the email addresses that you posted, since there weren't any scam emails to go along with them.

Please take some time to read a bit and look around.

I also moved this from Publish.

Thanks Very Happy

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@d_goose You have a PM.

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic