SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

logmein123

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
skydivingscubadiver
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, New here. I was just wondering if anyone had any info on the logmein123 scam. If you don't know what that is, it is an indian (judging by accent) calling himself an anglo-saxon name (such as John Smith), saying he is from microsoft (Or they could make a mistake saying they're from windows (yes, it has happened! Confused )), and trying to convince you to go to this website in order to download 3rd party software so that they can fix the problem remotely. The 3rd party software is legit (have it on my computer, with no problems, and is actually a good piece of software), yet is being used illegally by scammers to gain access to a computer.
I was just wondering if there was a way to bait them without having to wait for a call (only received 2, haven't gotten another in ages).

EDIT: Embarassed Forgot to mention, its an unsolicited phone call scam
Narcisschism
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Doubtful, unless they are providing you with contact details that are separate from Microsoft which seems unlikely consider that is where they are claiming to be calling from.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic