SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Money transfer companies and scam prevention

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Shinsengumi wrote:
well we get info from victims... had a guy who was toyed by Vlad, said that he supposedly received funds from India, for somekind of a job Vlad did and he was resending the whole amount. Didn't send any money previously, and was in contact with Vlad for 7-9 months, there must be somekind of a hook.

With Vlads there is always a hook.

Again, not knowing any more info than what you've presented, there's no way to determine the nature of the scam.

From what you've stated in this one instance, this unknown person received money from India and then forwarded it on. That, taken by itself, sounds more like money laundering than a scam.

By the way... Have you followed up on the advice that Tsnerd has given you?

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
Shinsengumi
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

yeah I did.. yeah i think its money laundering too but its strange that he played with a guy for 7-9 months just to launder some money..
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Why would that be strange?

Though we don't deal with money laundering here at Eater, one could reasonably assume that a professional criminal isn't simply going to start sending large sums of cash to an unknown entity and hope that he/she will just follow along and do as instructed, no questions asked.

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
MuzunguTheHuntress
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ not really.

He didn't cost the vic any actual cash. (maybe his freedom if that cash was sent with a stolen cc).

He can always go back for more once he finds another person to send cash / has more $ to launder.

Many businesses spend more than 7 to 9 months building a relationship with a customer - and vlads see themselves as businesses. This mule is a tool for them to use. Once - or more, if they can keep him on the hook.

Anderson: ask the Doc if my perfect sperm can make you pregnant and i wont fail. (to my character's recent surgery - a hysterectomy.)
'abeg' challenged "David Nelson", worlds most inept romance lad: se u won dey abuse me ni?? (from english to laddish in 2.5 seconds.)
Easter Egg 2012 Closed lad accounts x8 Mc Fry
Shinsengumi
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

mhm.. well I thought that maybe there is other option like to take a a loan on victims name... if you have all info about the victim it shouldn't be hard to take a credit online..
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, if you're getting your info from the victim, why don't you ask him if anyone has taken a credit online, since said money transfer antics occurred?

Shinsengumi
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

well you see if it would be so easy.. most of the victims are not so cooperative and not very bright if you know what i mean..
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No, I'm not really sure what you mean. Please explain.

TheFae
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
most of the victims are not so cooperative and not very bright if you know what i mean

NO. I'm not looking through that side of the glass, sir.

"Most" of "the victims" are innocent and intelligent people who deserve respect and compassion. "Not very bright" denigrates not just them, but how many intelligent and well-meaning people try to help.

Really?!

Mad

GO GOLD! **CLICKY**
"This is really bad"
"my account has been disable and can not sell anymore and this is all i live on"
doc holliday
Squirrels Hate Me

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Not very bright?There are doctors,lawyers,and other professionals among them.More than a few successful businesses also.Not cooperative?Some are not.A lot don't want to admit to what happened for fear that some may think them not very bright.

You have given me enough stress through the shit you sent to me
Jack the hitlad

What you sent to me is not real, don't you fucking understand simple english, that is not real slip from money gram, I have been using money gram before now, FUCK YOU. IDIOT. PLAY YOUR GAME WELL. MASTER OF ALL PLAYERS
Jack,the hitlad who keeps giving me fresh sig lines

Closed lad accounts x35 x2 Easter Egg 2012
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Shinsengumi

I am thinking that you are not grasping what we are saying here, esp. about victims and people that fall for these scams. doc pointed out how even professionals get scammed. IIRC correctly one law firm got scammed out of over $300,000. Having worked in law firms and know how the big law firms operate I can see how easy that would have been able to be accomplished. Even the best and most well-educated have fallen for such scams. Thus saying that these victims are not "too bright" is to have a whole host of baiters, such as ourselves, to heartedly disagree with that statement.

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
MuzunguTheHuntress
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
most of the victims are not so cooperative and not very bright if you know what i mean..

Scam victims come from all socio-economic classes. Some are MENSA members. Some aren't.

Google 'scam victim'. Then add the profession of your choice to the search terms. Whether doctor, lawyer, or the unemployed Joe down the street - they all have one thing in common. They have the potential to be a victim.

Scamming is all about filling an emotional void. Everybody has a passion. From the toy collector to the family facing eviction. Whether a scammer is selling the prototype for the first Lionel engine or offering $500,000 to keep mom & dad from moving the kiddos into a cardboard box under the bridge, the scammers 'job' is to exploit that void and fill a (perceived or real) need. Or at least make the victim believe they can fill the need.

In one way, the scammer is like your 5-year old. They have learned to read the emotions of the potential victim. Much like your 5-year old knows that a fist-full of freshly picked flowers & a sticky kiss for mommy will offset any damage from a broken (vase, window, whatever) - the scammer knows when to offer words of encouragement to offset any misgivings a victim may be having about the entire transaction.

Unlike your 5-year old, the scammer will lie, cheat & steal to achieve his goal.

The original post seems like a romance scam. In this instance (from the information given) the victim did not see any potential financial loss from just forwarding the funds to their g/f. The scammer got cash. The victim got the continued 'lurve' of the scammer. In the victims eyes, there was no possibility for loss, since they weren't actually out any cash (except maybe transfer fees) and much potential for reward. Who wouldn't send emergency cash to their wife / sister / girlfriend? The emotional need was being met even without the outlay of funds.

It's not that the victims are less than intelligent. It's just that the scammer was able to exploit the emotional need. Everybody has a 'hot button' - something they're passionate about. When the scammer finds it - common sense goes on vacation.

And when common sense goes on vacation, even the doctor, lawyer, PhD - can become a victim.

(imho, etc etc. all usual caveats apply. YMMV)

Anderson: ask the Doc if my perfect sperm can make you pregnant and i wont fail. (to my character's recent surgery - a hysterectomy.)
'abeg' challenged "David Nelson", worlds most inept romance lad: se u won dey abuse me ni?? (from english to laddish in 2.5 seconds.)
Easter Egg 2012 Closed lad accounts x8 Mc Fry
Shinsengumi
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

guys i see your point here, English is not my native language might be that i used the wrong word, what i wanted to say is that, when they are not sharing the info they are not helping themselves... sorry if you misunderstood what i wanted to say..
Seamless
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ MuzunguTheHuntress Well said. Very Happy

"You are a destinated Idiot. a fibol element, a rebel against humanity.

You are a goat. And very stupid. I will deal with you very soon, just wait, I have all your contact address, and I will trace you very soon, for insulting me, all evidence of your insult to me has been filed.

Lawyer M4nu3l told me that you could be one of this terrorist in the usa. and I later find out on my research on you, that you are one of the bastards in wherever you are. not even in usa."

Closed lad accounts

Safari< S4NI S4LISU Ghana to Togo
Safari< St3lla J0nta Cote d'Ivoire to Ghana
Easter Egg Whip Penguin Mortar Purple Flower Purple Flower Killer Baiter
bohigal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
when they are not sharing the info they are not helping themselves

And this not surprising, given that so many people automatically and wrongly assume that scam victims are stupid or greedy.

Stop typing in french, am seriously dissapointed....am just confused!!!
You will have my nuts in your hands as soon as i have the latrine in my hand & i will pay the goats to the lawyer
My dear with this only, it is clear you have contacted and communicated with Africa Fraudsters and even send funds to him. what a pity!
YOU ARE A WITCH. MAY YOU MENSURATE NON STOP TILL THE END OF YOUR LIFE
Golden PithSafari Mortar Tattoo Vcamera Closed lad accountsSand Timer Team Hector:Lagos-Douala,Benin-Liberia,Senegal-Gambia-Mali-Chad, Egypt ,Awka w/ Shorty
Sand Timer Sand Timer Shorty Safari Abidjan w/ Juan
Safari Bibian
Closed lad accounts Cellphone pony Mc Fry Mc Fry Easter Egg 2013
Donate to Eater
Jeff
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Interesting debate. Some valid and not so valid arguments. Basic fact is that wherever cash is concerned, someone will try and take it, whether it be a sticky fingered employee, a common thief or a scammer. Only the methods vary. WU is a legitimate business but deals in cash ergo it is vulnerable. Surely this is our raison d'etre? and that of eater too. We are here to lessen the crime and to educate. My penchant is love scams. These are very vulnerable people but not by any means dim or socially inept. We just need to keep on keeping on and diminish their chances of success.

IF IT IS TRUE YOU ARE WRITING AND PAYING TO WHO I DONT KNOW I MUST MAKE SURE I CUT YOUR THROAT,ARE YOU STUPID?CANT YOU READ?IS THAT MY EMAIL?ARE YOU CRAZY?ARE YOU MAD?ARE YOU AN IMBECILE?YOU PAYED TO HIM AND YOU ARE TELLING ME THAT YOU PAYED HIM MONEY,IS THAT MY EMAIL?FUCK YOUR WIFE AND SCREEW YOUR KIDS,IDIOT AND HOPLESS HUMAN BEING LIKE YOU.DIE AND ROT IN HELL
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
Hong Kong France x2 Canada United States x2 United Kingdom x32 Ghana x12 Benin x2 Ivory Coast x2 cameroon Malaysia x7 Russia Spain x9 Netherlands Nigeria x7 Kenya Senegal Togo
pony GoatPretty Rose
Pith Helmet Accra to Tamale with Professor so/so
Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts x25or more
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just wondering through...

I worry when people make assumptions about others without knowing them. I also worry when people say "just trust me".
I also worry when people say or imply, "you don't know what you know."

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I worry when ParaNoid worries. Laughing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic