SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Good read.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Probably common knowledge to us, but a good read for those passing by.

http://dendory.net/blog.php?id=50229fec

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Interesting stuff. I wonder about that $10K per week though. That works out to roughly $500,000 per year. That volume of cash flow is bound to raise some eyebrows somewhere along the line with the banking and taxing authorities.

Nurse Nastys Audi TT + Sand Timer (15 mo.) David Holt (will eat your flesh for money)
"there is something fishery going on", "You people are all Junks", E. Kaba
"Go and face your dumb life", J. Mathin
"You are not well trained as a human being...", M. Tony
"...there are thieves and kackers and postal pilferers in africa...", E. Didier. Shocked Who knew?
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When someone got into my checking account (via a skimmer at a local gas station) and someone got into Quinn's account, the Secret Service gave us tips on how to protect ourselves. I now know how scammers collect information from those gift cards hanging at the checkout counters at stores, how to detect a skimmer in a gas station pump, and which gas stations not to use, how to cover my cc/debit card when using so no one can take cell phone picture.

Fortunately by completing the online .gov internet complaint form and submitting to the gov and to our respective credit unions, our funds were restored.

My card had been used 17 times on the same day in 17 different states. Quinn's had been used in 4 different states at the same time of day at different POS for over $3K per purchase.

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
BattleHawk77
Master of Master Baiters

Location: 7.2° N, 5.9° E, FL410, Heading 230, aboard Striker 419

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Just out of curiosity, how does one detect a skimmer?

"THank you so much for this update and I am very mush happy to know that the bank has conted you. Please do send them all the required informations today along with the fees as mentioned. This is to make sure that you make ahead of time."
"I only signed for your trnasfer approval due to that i want you to proof to you we dont run a scam here and we wont tolerate that words from you anymore."

Closed lad accounts x6, with thanks to James and Joseph
First site kill
United KingdomNigeriaUnited StatesSpainCambodia FlagBenin
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ I was told that if you don't see the little green lights where you put in your debit/cc that there might very well be a skimmer in there.

What I do is take $20 or so in cash inside to the clerk, tell her I will get whatever amount I have given her but will be back with my card to pay.

Nowadays I do NOT let my card out of my sight.

At a restaurant I go with the wait person to their computer and give them my card there. In some restaurants wait staff have been known to use a card reader on their smart phones to scan your card, then run it through the restaurant's computer for the regular ticket.

If you are purchasing a gift card at a cashier's area, do not take the first card, reach behind and get one further back as there are readers that will scan the first cards on those racks, so when you buy and gift the card there is no money on it.

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
US Dropbox

Film & Production Needs
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I never use my card at restaurants or bars - I will get cash out of the ATM before I go out.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
basts child
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Morgain I did not know about the gift cards. Very Happy

Malaysia x9 Benin x2 United States X24 United Kingdom X138 Cayman Islands Australia x3 Cambodia Flag x2 Thailand x2 South Africa x4 Czech Republic Netherlands Japan China X2 Hong Kong X3 Canada x5 Nigeria x11 Ireland x2 Ivory Coast Togo X4 Ghana X12 Spain x10 Saudi Arabia x3 United Arab Emirates x2 Switzerland 2 Antigua flag needed
Closed lad accounts x 15 Easter Egg Easter Egg 2011 Easter Egg 2012 Easter Egg 2013 Easter 2015
Safari for my Sand Timer Lagos,Nigeria to Parakou,Benin Lad Senator Anyim Pius
~okay yes i we be mayonaise for you~
THE WESTERN UNION MUST GIVE YOU A PEPPER AS A RECEIPT. IF THEY GAVE YOU THIS CONFIRMATION PEPPER THEN ATTACH IT AND SEND IT TO ME OKAY.
'rooms are fully air-Conditional' Air, get while it lasts!
~ANCIENT, not old!~ Says Basts Child!
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Very interesting, given the fact that I had to cancel my Visa today. Someone tried to make a $1.56 charge at a travel agency in the UK with it this morning. It was declined, because they apparently didn't have enough info to verify (zip code, address, etc), but my bank flagged the account and called immediately. They canceled the card and are sending a new one.

I never use that card for anything unless they won't accept AmEx. I've used it at a home improvement store and a mom & pop burger shop several times in the past month. They must have gotten the info from one of the two.

Fucking Vlads. Laughing

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sometimes they simply generate real numbers. I have a business debit card because my bank made me an irresistible offer. I don't carry it and I use it maybe once only every 2-3 months. To date I have only used it for Paypal and Amazon, who are both pretty tight with security. I have never used it in any public way. And yet....

Yesterday I got a call from the fraud department questioning some activity. Someone had used my account number to charge several phone calls from a hotel in Texas. It's sort of stupid; the totals added up to under $75. But I suppose that's one way of not setting off the alarms that a big electronics purchase might generate. Anyway, all is now fine, my money has already been refunded and the card closed.

Within the past 6 months my main Visa card has been compromised twice, and hit with huge charges -- including the aforementioned Internet electronics purchases (and plane tickets on Air Dubai). I do use that card often, but I am security conscious so I am extremely cautious. But even though I pay close attention, somehow the criminals still got it. Once again, the charges were instantly reversed and a new card issued.

That said, since I use the card for some auto-payments there is some hassle involved.

Damn vlads indeed.

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
Joker
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
This first step starts with a VPN. There's a lot of VPN providers out there, and one that seems to be a favorite is HideMyAss, simply because of the sheer amount of proxies they offer around the world, the fact that they are run from Europe and not the US, and their low cost. For as little as $5 a month you have access to over 30,000 IPs, providing anonymity at all time.

Counter Arguments:

Good article although not 100% in my mind. My personal feelings is the security is not in the proxy but in the sheer numbers of people doing this online. The trick is to stay under the radar I would think. The other thing I would imagine is there is a reason to use internet cafes for these kinds of crimes. Your name is not on the bill.

lakeside77
A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

jose_cuervo wrote:
Very interesting, given the fact that I had to cancel my Visa today. Someone tried to make a $1.56 charge at a travel agency in the UK with it this morning. It was declined, because they apparently didn't have enough info to verify (zip code, address, etc), but my bank flagged the account and called immediately. They canceled the card and are sending a new one

That $1.56 charge was a ping to test the validity of your card. Had it gone through the scammers were hoping that it flew below the radar when your bill came in. This happened to me twice and the monthly statement had strange entries for some web designers in Arizona and Colorado in the amounts of 5 or 10 dollars. They showed phone numbers and URLs. In each case I dialed the phone number and got a message machine -- not a voice mail system -- with the generic leave-a-message-and-I'll-get-back-to-you. The URLs took me to some crude web sites, kind of like those the lads cobble together, with no contact info. I called the bank both times and they deleted the charges and issued a new card.

Quote:
Fucking Vlads.

My exact sentiments.

Closed lad accounts x26 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
Raga Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Joker wrote:
The trick is to stay under the radar I would think.

Agreed. That was my point in my earlier post. A friend of mine does high-end tax and estate planning. He says there is an unwritten rule in his business that applies in this situation, too, I think. It goes like this: "Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered." Meaning, if you don't get greedy you can usually stay under the authority's radar but if you go too far they will come after you with a vengeance. Walking that line is the art of the deal.

Nurse Nastys Audi TT + Sand Timer (15 mo.) David Holt (will eat your flesh for money)
"there is something fishery going on", "You people are all Junks", E. Kaba
"Go and face your dumb life", J. Mathin
"You are not well trained as a human being...", M. Tony
"...there are thieves and kackers and postal pilferers in africa...", E. Didier. Shocked Who knew?
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When my card number was used in 17 different states, the purchases were all under $50, I guess trying to stay under the radar.

I have my cards now set for alerts for ANY activity, even when they receive my payment.

I can purchase something at a local store and before I get my seat belt buckled I am receiving a text message about a purchase and the amount of said purchase.

I also monitor my checking account online several times a week.

Also I do not carry my cc's with me unless I am going to use one of them just in case my purse is stolen..............and in that case the thief just might not live to use the card(s) Wink

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
US Dropbox

Film & Production Needs
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This wasn't fraud but cockup - a lady bought a £20 phone and paid with her card. every 10 minutes for a WEEK - by the time she noticed, she was £27,000 in debt.

LINK

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That is bad if you have to worry about your C card and how to use it safely. Rolling Eyes
The last years working in the hospitality business I learned enough about C Cards to know better, destroyed mine and do strictly cash now, not always convenient, but at least I know what I'm spending and don't worry about it.
If I would buy a prepaid one, " Thanks Fay" I'll think twice now. Confused

Yes there are pickpockets too, but not in my jeans pocket, having no wallet makes me useless for those ones.
If..., I guess it's gonna be a plain armed robbery Laughing I might get a chance to shoot back though Twisted Evil

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic