SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Help...this is freaky!!

View next topic
View previous topic

Vixenne
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am doing a "Cash found in Irag" scam. All of the email I received originated in Lagos, Nigeria. Now we are at the part where the diplomat who is transporting the cash, calls me to arrange for help with customs payment.

Well, I got the call on my little throw-away trac cell phone...with another states area code (for safety) and I see the call came from a US number. It traces back to Bethesda, Maryland. That is kinda scary that the lad could actually be in the US??

Any thoughts on this??

Vix
Nailgunner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It may not be your lad. They often use foreign contacts to do their work for a commision or other consideration, and they have contacts all over the place that they can call on to be a barrister, diplomat, etc. It's one good reason to pay very careful attention to security when baiting. If you are uncomfortable about this, then drop him and move on. No reason here to get too far out of your comfort zone. Sharing the details with a moderator would be prudent as US based lads could attract the attention of law enforcement bodies, much to the eventual dismay of the lad if all goes as it should...

Lad networks form and disappear rapidly, they will team up very easily. Pretend to be one if you like, they're happy to get you on board.

bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There are also ways to have US VOIP numbers and not be in the US. It certainly is not impossible they are in the US but just having a US number is not proof that they are. I can call from the US making it appear I am in Nigeria so the same can be done in reverse.

Closed lad accounts Goat Golden Goat  Mc Fry Pole Dancer Mortar  Tattoo Easter Egg 2011

Vcamera Off to see the wizard!

United States United Kingdom Nigeria Ghana

Sand Timer Shortstuff

Safari Brother Mike co-bait with NWM : Agbor, Nigeria to Douala
Safari Brother Mike again with the help of Juan and [email protected] : Agbor to Abuja
Safari Pastor Clet Star Wars Safari Accra-Bauchi Co-Bait with NWM and the Rebels 
Safari Justice my [email protected] Elecric1ty lad Accra to Tamale with the help of [email protected] and Juan
Safari Operation "Lagos spy" 
Safari The Dynamic Dumbasses 
TheDane
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ Exactly. Apart from a Danish number, I also have a UK, a Swedish, a Norwegian, a Kenyan and a US number I can setup up my Skype account to show.

Have you tried call him at that number? If you have, that increases the chance that the lad is in that specific country - but it's still doesn't prove it. Wink

Sand Timer T.W.A.T Santa Safari Lagos-Ouagadougou-Arbinda Safari Warri-Yaoundé

I AM A FOOL AND I AM SO DISAPPOINTED - Brother Okei AKA Goat Milk Lad
I do not wish my enemy what I have experienced and this humiliation you are putting me through - Rushforth (on behalf of Dharma & Dr Mike)
Nailgunner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

True. Some careful googling may reveal if this is a VOIP number or not.

Clark Gable
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've always found this a useful little place to start looking up US based phone numbers:

http://www.freeality.com/finde.htm

Numbers not linked to an individual or a specific location are almost certainly "mobile". Many boiler-rooms use US phone numbers even when the calls are being made from Eastern Europe or SE Asia.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic