SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Real or Fake Bank account

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Action1976
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have this email with the scammer asking me to set up a bank account with The First Investment Specialized Bank Cambodia so they can do a bank to bank transfer
They have supplied me with there bank account number 0111047887
Is there anyway of telling if this is a real or fake bank account If it is real then I can get it closed down by Alan.
Also anyone come across this type of scam before and how they are going to get money from me.
I think that they might ask me to do a wire transfer by there tried and trusted method of Western Union or maybe even a bit more sophisticated type of scam, getting you to deposit money in the bank which they can transfer into there own account.
Appreciate any help with this how to take it forward.
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This one sounds like a fake bank setup - you are meant to ask them how to set up your bank account and then they offer to "help you out" one way or another.

One possibility is that they will direct you to a fake bank website - in which case the fake site killers here will be very happy to help with getting it shut down:
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=57
The idea here is that you would go to the "bank" website, enter your account details and see a large sum apparently in your account, but then you have to pay some kind of fees before you can withdraw it.

another possibility is that they will hit you with some kind of fee to be paid (maybe Western Union or moneygram) as part of the "administrative" aspects of setting up an account.

In any event, it would be premature to report anything to Alan at this stage, my strong suspicion is the account number is made up for the sake of convincing you. If you ask the scammer about setting up that bank account, this will probably provide much better indication about which direction the scam is taking.

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
Action1976
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Did a google search on the First Investment Specialized Bank Cambodia and the website for the bank looks legit not sure about the account though.

Wonder if it is worth giving the bank a call. And pass on the details of what he as sent me to them.

I have sent him a email stating that I don't have a passport or any formal I.D. so I can't set up a bank account at this moment.

Haven't received a reply as of yet.
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I guess you mean www.fibank.com.kh --- this looks legit to me but I expect this means the scammer is simply abusing the name of a real bank.

This bank name has been used in a previous fake site scam:
aa419 linky, with the previous fake site killed in May 2011. Perhaps the same gang is trying again, or perhaps a different scammer is using the same bank name.

If indeed they are using a fake site, it would be useful to try and get the url for the site so it can be killed.

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
Action1976
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi
I am having problems with the M.O.A.G. Generator when I click on the link it doesn't open then I get operation timed out.
Not sure why it does this anyway I need to send $3000 by Money Gram to my lad details below i have put my details and if you can send the receipt to my email address [email protected]

Name of Receiver:
Pranama Bernard
Address: 135 Lewisham Way
SE14 6QJ London
United Kingdom

My details
Alan Jackson
419 Walter Mitty Ave
Aldershot
Hants
GU11 2BU

Thanks for your time
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ There may have been a glitch when you tried MOAG. I just tried both links, registration and login and they were both working.

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
Action1976
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It is still not working for me I click on the link it takes a few minutes then times out.
I can't even open it to register.
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe there are some settings on your computer that need changed.

I just tried to access MOAG - both registration and login and they both responded.

If there is a glitch you may need to manually make the receipt and scan it to send to the lad.

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic